Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of how the credits work, he will be able to use another band to use a meal credit. Since your adding him to the reservation once you arrive, I'm not sure if he would be able to use one of his bands but my gut says no.

request a card from the front desk for him if you can't find the band, that's free. They may also just give him a grey band as he was added to the reservation (assuming you and him are ok with grey)

I didn't even think about requesting a generic grey band for him. That would totally work and he won't care about the color. And he can use his sister's old band for meals if his does not link to the dining plan. Thanks again for your help!

Hi,
Just wanted to let you know our family are international guests visiting from the UK.
We arrived on February 15th at the Poly and received 2.0 bands.
Yay, I have been waiting for someone to report this. We arrive at POFQ on Sunday from the UK and I was losing hope. Thank You :)

Very helpful information. If I buy tickets(band) off property...can it later be linked to my resort room and dining plan?

Very helpful information. If I buy tickets(band) off property...can it later be linked to my resort room and dining plan?

Tickets and bands aren't the same thing - if you're staying on property, you get a band. When you buy tickets, you link them to your MDE account, which is also where your reservation and dining plan are.

Just checked in at POFQ from the UK and got old style bands. She said that's all they've been getting for on-site pick-ups :(

Does anyone know if the tomorrowland shop (not sure of the actual name) is customizing bands to the magicband 2.0 yet? Also if Star Wars Launch Bay is doing this yet? When I was there in December, the magicband 2.0 recently came out, and the CM told me that they were not customizing on the 2.0 yet. I'm interested in customizing a magicband next week if I could get the 2.0. Thanks for any info.

Does anyone know if the tomorrowland shop (not sure of the actual name) is customizing bands to the magicband 2.0 yet? Also if Star Wars Launch Bay is doing this yet? When I was there in December, the magicband 2.0 recently came out, and the CM told me that they were not customizing on the 2.0 yet. I'm interested in customizing a magicband next week if I could get the 2.0. Thanks for any info.

I didn't see them doing 2.0 bands yet. Last year the MB team mentioned it would be the last thing to switch over as it requires a retooling and all new designs that fit the bands.

Thank you very much for extremely helpful post about MagicBand. This has answered all my questions and even more then my questions. Thanks.

I skimmed thru the first post but didn't see this question asked & answered (but I could have missed it). So here goes: Do the old AP & DVC sliders fit on the new 2.0 magic bands? For our last trip in early January they still sent us the old style bands and we had purchased new APs in the fall but so they sent the old sliders too. Just wondered for our next trip this summer if the old sliders will fit the slimmer yet wider bands???!!!!?!?!?!!??! :confused3

I skimmed thru the first post but didn't see this question asked & answered (but I could have missed it). So here goes: Do the old AP & DVC sliders fit on the new 2.0 magic bands? For our last trip in early January they still sent us the old style bands and we had purchased new APs in the fall but so they sent the old sliders too. Just wondered for our next trip this summer if the old sliders will fit the slimmer yet wider bands???!!!!?!?!?!!??! :confused3

the bands are not wider, only the "mickey face" is a little rounder/

Has anyone ever noticed that the "plastic" of Magic Bands breaks down over time/exposure?

I had my old ones (from 2014 and 2015) stored fireproof lockbox in my attic (in a VERY hot climate). I took them out the other day to compare to the Magic Band 2.0s and they were covered in a white/grey dust.

I am guessing that the attic heat broke down the plastic a bit. I wonder if they are still functional too. Not an issue (as I got new MBs for my next trip) . .just curious.

Has anyone ever noticed that the "plastic" of Magic Bands breaks down over time/exposure?
Ours show not degradation at all. Our oldest ones were probably some of the first produced.

I had my old ones (from 2014 and 2015) stored fireproof lockbox in my attic (in a VERY hot climate). I took them out the other day to compare to the Magic Band 2.0s and they were covered in a white/grey dust.

I am guessing that the attic heat broke down the plastic a bit. I wonder if they are still functional too. Not an issue (as I got new MBs for my next trip) . .just curious.

I've never noticed but I've never stored them in somewhere like an attic. florida is pretty hot and I doubt they store bands waiting to go onto shelves or your mailbox in air conditioned space.

hold old is these bands, 2.0 isn't the first time they changed and it's possible the earliest bands were different.

mine do have a color change but I think that's more the sunscreen that got on them when being used than anything else. again I don't attic store them so you could be on to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter