Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest

Going to dinner on 5/16.

I will be ordering pasta for my son since I know he will eat that.
But he doesn't eat cooked vegetables, but loves raw ones. Any kind.
Do you know if there are any options at BoG for raw veggies?

Thanks!

I wanted to give our experience. Last Wednesday, we decided to eat lunch at BOG. We got in the park at rope drop, rode ETWB and LM and by that time, it was about 10:20. The line was just at the end of the bridge at that time. Since we had all only had a banana muffin for breakfast (we brought it with us), we were hungry early. I think we were sitting down eating at probably 10:50 or so.

Mom had the slow cooked pork (AWESOME) and I had the Monte Cristo. DD had the kid's pork, and we subbed in the applesauce and fries to go with it. It was just a smaller portion of the adult pulled pork.

We split the 2 cupcakes between the 3 of us - the strawberry and the chocolate. Both were delicious. DD would get mad at us when we would eat bites of the chocolate because she wanted it all :p

Anyways, the wait wasn't too bad, the queue was a lot of fun to check out and the food was great. No problem getting a table at that time (we sat in the ballroom, but checked out the other rooms). The food arrived quickly. We would eat there again!!

I wanted to give our experience. Last Wednesday, we decided to eat lunch at BOG. We got in the park at rope drop, rode ETWB and LM and by that time, it was about 10:20. The line was just at the end of the bridge at that time. Since we had all only had a banana muffin for breakfast (we brought it with us), we were hungry early. I think we were sitting down eating at probably 10:50 or so.

Mom had the slow cooked pork (AWESOME) and I had the Monte Cristo. DD had the kid's pork, and we subbed in the applesauce and fries to go with it. It was just a smaller portion of the adult pulled pork.

We split the 2 cupcakes between the 3 of us - the strawberry and the chocolate. Both were delicious. DD would get mad at us when we would eat bites of the chocolate because she wanted it all :p

Anyways, the wait wasn't too bad, the queue was a lot of fun to check out and the food was great. No problem getting a table at that time (we sat in the ballroom, but checked out the other rooms). The food arrived quickly. We would eat there again!!

I think you mean the croque Monsieur? Unless they just added a monte cristo?

Are people allowed to go in and have a look around? We don't plan on eating here during our trip but I'd love to see the inside. But, I can picture us getting dirty looks if we try to go in ahead of the lunch line waiting to order. Any thoughts on whether or not just going in to take a few pics and be on our way would be acceptable?

Are people allowed to go in and have a look around? We don't plan on eating here during our trip but I'd love to see the inside. But, I can picture us getting dirty looks if we try to go in ahead of the lunch line waiting to order. Any thoughts on whether or not just going in to take a few pics and be on our way would be acceptable?

Would like to know this also. If not, can you just order dessert and some drinks at lunchtime? (like get in line at 2p)

Has anyone ordered here with food allergies? DS5 has LTA to egg--does anyone know if the pasta is egg free? Or any of the breads? Thanks!

Thanks, Christygobar. Since we couldn't get dinner reservations for June (we started planning well after our 180 day date) we're going to follow your lead for lunch.
Appreciate that you took the time to post.

I am almost paranoid about getting all meal ADRs at the 180 day mark, but I'll just go for it and do lunch here without one. Can't wait to see the staging ::yes::

Wasn't sure if this was answered, I am going the first week of June was wondering if I got in line at 11:00 how long of a wait will it be?

I think cs was an amazing experience and. I hope i can get a ts ressie this time. We were there the first day it was tested with the general public so there was no ts yet, just luck that we got in as it was closed the rest of our trip. My whole family loved the food there. It was so nice to get break from burgers and nuggets for cs. My kids are not super adventurous eaters but they enjoyed it anyway. It's not really weird,, just not "park food"

Would like to know this also. If not, can you just order dessert and some drinks at lunchtime? (like get in line at 2p)

My understanding is that you are not allowed into the dining area, until you have placed your order and received the rose hockey puck. However as long as you order at least dessert and drinks you should be fine.

I own DVC and have a family reunion trip booked for July 4th. I booked BOG at the 18o day mark for 9 people. My college age daughter decided to go on the trip after not getting a college internship she applied for. I was able to add her to every ADR I had except for BOG.:sad: They said there is no availability to add another guest. I tried through both DVC and Disney dining. Has anyone ever encountered this? I am hoping there will be a cancellation closer to my date, but in the meantime not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions?

I own DVC and have a family reunion trip booked for July 4th. I booked BOG at the 18o day mark for 9 people. My college age daughter decided to go on the trip after not getting a college internship she applied for. I was able to add her to every ADR I had except for BOG.:sad: They said there is no availability to add another guest. I tried through both DVC and Disney dining. Has anyone ever encountered this? I am hoping there will be a cancellation closer to my date, but in the meantime not sure what else I can do. Any suggestions?

If nothing opens up I would head to the podium first thing in the morning on your ADR day and see if they can add her. It's really booked up, so I'd have a backup plan in case that's not possible. I'd also keep checking daily.

Thanks for the advice! I do plan on checking daily but arriving at the podium first thing is certainly an option.:thumbsup2

Wonderful thread! I had a few questions about BOG and this thread helped me a lot. Can't wait for our dinner here in August! Thanks Laura.

I, like another poster, would love to hear about dining at BOG with food allergies at lunch or dinner. Thanks so much to the OP and everyone else who has submitted info on this thread. It is always great to have a lot of info gathered in one place to refer back to when planning! :thumbsup2

I have food allergies and the chef was great about talking me through the menu. he would have made adjustments if I had wanted a certain dinner too. The chef was great... very friendly and helpful. :)

BOG was our best meal of the trip!! we ordered 4 different dinners...all were great!! we want to go back in Dec. :)

Thank you so much, parkhopper, for this wonderful thread! This took a lot of work and it is greatly appreciated!!! :thumbsup2:disrocks::yay:

Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter