Everything You Do, CELEBRATE YOU! - Polynesian - Club Level - TPV

25457581551_235a786cfe_b.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks the front row guy on the left looks like Jamie?

There was a nice little garden set up by the Chew Lab with plenty of tables.
Actually, this was opening night, and we never struggled to find a table to eat at, even though it felt very busy.
I always hear about people having to eat off the floor / on top of trash cans, so maybe that’s something they’ve improved this year :goodvibes

Yes, I did have to use the top of a trash can as a table at the 2014 F&W Festival. Maybe they improved it for 2015, or maybe it was less crowded that evening because of the rain? Did you go again to F&W during that trip, and was it more crowded/less rainy the next time?

Those fireworks! I think I need to show the pics to my husband. He was in awe that Disney was "able" to move the smoke along so that it didn't linger. I hated to do it but I had to explain it wasn't part of the Disney magic this time...it was purely environmental, haha. He swore up and down Disney had a way to do fireworks that eliminated the smoke.

We wanted to try some of the Canada dishes, but first we hit Hawaii and were tempted by the Kalua pork slider (with sweet and sour dole pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise).
Neither of us usually like pineapple on our savoury food, so we were going to order it without the chutney, but we’d been talking earlier about people who order things
not as they’re intended and then go “meh it was only ok” :sad2:
So we decided to go for the full pork-slider-with-pineapple experience.
Omg.
YUM AND WOW.
It was practically life changing.
Definitely my favourite of the day, and probably of the whole trip!

If anything was ever going to change my disgust for pineapple on savoury foods, it would be the Epcot Food & Wine Festival!
The pineapple was very subtle, but it’s still there, and it wouldn’t be the same without it.
I’m so glad we braved it!

I TOTALLY FEEL YOU!!! And after your post on my current TR regarding similar photos we have both taken at AOA...well, just too funny!!! From my 2014 TR:

Once the rain cleared, we head back and took in Hawai’i. Now, before I rave about this stop, let me say that I RARELY like sweet with meat. I don’t like pineapple pizza or pineapple burgers or honey ham or anything of that sort. If I was in Hawai’i, yes, I would eat it because when in Rome. I don’t HATE it, but it seems like such a waste to put sugar with good meat. I REALLY like meat.

(Go ahead, snicker. Chuckle a little. Get it out of your system.)

All better? Good.

The Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spicy Mayo WAS MY FAVORITE FOOD AT F&W!!!!!!!! It was wonderful. Fantastic. Amazeballs. Lord, this many months later, I still want one. NOM NOM. In the best and worst way.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/go...-finally-complete-8-31.3397380/#post-53734301

I will also go ahead and say that those pictures from HalloWishes are waaaaayyyyy crazy!!!!! Enjoying your TR!!!!

Yay you are back! And you are up to the night we flew in to " join you".

Your bus experience is why we always rent a car.:drive: I just hate wasting that precious time out of my obsessively planned schedule.

Your photos are so beautiful...more please!

Great updates. It looks like you had a nice full day. I love all the details at AK. Next time we go I'm going to pay more attention. Those fireworks look almost spooky. I think the one where the castle has a pink glow around it is the most impressive.

(Some of you shared stories of your fearless kids enjoying the Haunted Mansion…
SURELY none of you can say the same about Dinosaur?!
It’s legit terrifying!)
My DD4 just closed her eyes during the scary parts. She was fine afterwards. I will say that she had the same response to It's Tough to be a Bug.

Wow, great updates!! Looks like an amazing day and evening all topped off with that amazing fireworks show!

We just had a gorilla born at our zoo here a couple of weeks ago and they just announced that he's now out for people to see. Guess where I'm going this weekend? So cute!!

We left the room at 11:10am, with 50 minutes to make it to our Expedition Everest fastpass.
Easy enough, right?

WRONG!
The bus took absolutely ages.
Then it had problems boarding an ECV.
Then it called at the Grand Floridian, and had even more problems boarding another ECV.
THEN we called at Blizzard Beach…
GAH!

It took over an HOUR from leaving our room to arriving at Animal Kingdom.
And we missed our Everest FP!
DOH.

We arrived at the entrance at 12:15pm.
Ugh I hate bus issues. Sorry you got to AK much later then expected.

Then we found a Cast Member and asked where the nearest FP kiosks were, but she was able to get us another Everest FP right there on her iPad!
She was very nice and helpful.
So Everest was now booked in for 3:05pm :goodvibes
At least you were able to change your EE FPs though!:thumbsup2
After that was situated, we turned around to see Russell and Dug!
And we caught them at the most adorable moment, because their handler stopped them and made them look left and right, and hold hands when crossing the street!
Like true Wilderness Explorers!
Precious.

25254727980_fc795c0f62_b.jpg
AW! Love them:lovestruc
The girl behind me is SO done with this $h*t!

:rotfl:

As we pulled back into the Dino Institute Jamie admitted,
“Yeah… That WAS too scary for kids!”
IT IS!
I am kind of embarrassed to say, I have never ridden Dinosaur before...I guess when I was little I thought it would be too scary...but now I just never had too much interest in it.:blush: But after hearing how many people ride it when they go to Disney, I look forward to riding it in the future.::yes::
Festival of the Lion King is just :lovestruc
I love that show! And you got some great pictures!
We ate at the brand new Harambe Market!
Oh wow. I didn't know they had food options here. I feel like most people don't talk about it much so that's nice you and Jamie checked it out!:thumbsup2
Here’s my lunch!

25457488701_7892e09f99_b.jpg
The vegetables are a little… vinegary? Or something. I’d prefer them plain, but the sausage was TASTY!
Yum that looks good!! Glad you enjoyed it!!
Here’s Jamie’s chicken skewer.

25550230255_1956782322_b.jpg

He enjoyed it too.
YUM that looks great as well!
But our safari guide told us not to worry, and that the rain would probably make for an interesting safari…
And she was not wrong!
Safari in the rain, that would definitely be an adventure in itself!:rotfl2:
The giraffes were hiding…

24923442913_593a9200c7_b.jpg
TAKE COVER!:rotfl2:
But then came the good stuff!
The Elephants were LOVING life in the rain!
They were bopping their heads up and down, using their trunks to throw dirt over their backs!

25550164145_f627a9d710_b.jpg
He looks so happy! How adorable!:goodvibes
And this little guy on the left was sat down like a human!!!

25550158825_457a36900b_b.jpg
What a great picture! Those elephants look like they're loving life!:laughing:
We saw all three lions AWAKE, and this girl was up at the very top of the highest rock!

25457400481_d831f8da55_b.jpg
She is beautiful!:goodvibes How lucky you guys were that you saw so many of them at once!:scared1:
We stopped to see the gorillas…
And spotted…

25457355691_8ca8e8797a_b.jpg
AHHH I love gorillas, especially baby gorillas:jumping1:
Gahh they were amazing.
I could watch the gorillas all day, I find them fascinating.
Me too! They are just beautiful animals!:lovestruc Great pictures of all of them!
From the top of Everest you can see the where the Rivers of Light seating is going to be (on the left of the lake), and the cranes working on Pandora in the distance.
Did you hear they announced an opening date for Rivers of Light?! I heard like the end of April. I am looking forward to seeing that show!
We got some crab ragoons and chicken wings, and uncrustables, of course.

25457224471_5db63c0b14_b.jpg
Always go with the Uncrustables!:thumbsup2
We went into the Port of Entry store to put on our vintage ponchos.
Who remembers these?!

24923212743_01daf3a56b_b.jpg
SO cute! :goodvibes
We also put some money onto a mini gift card that goes around your wrist!
Ahh Disney, anything to make taking my money easier.

25254318850_8fa470678e_b.jpg
What a great idea! Very convenient!:thumbsup2
What a gorgeous shot of EPCOT at night!:lovestruc
As we were leaving Germany we spotted Snow White!
She was sheltering from the rain so there was no one waiting!
She was such a trooper, as I was approaching I heard her attendant/photographer asking if she wanted to go inside, but she insisted she was fine :goodvibes
She was precious and she liked my Eeyore bag :thumbsup2
Oh I love Snow White! How nice of you to give her some company on that rainy night!
But overall we both enjoyed our first F&W stop!

24919329934_ecf4624077_b.jpg
REMY!:hyper: How cute!:goodvibes
We wanted to try some of the Canada dishes, but first we hit Hawaii and were tempted by the Kalua pork slider (with sweet and sour dole pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise).
That sounds delicious. Glad you two enjoyed it!
If you thought last night had some crazy skies, wait until you see it tonight…!

24919271874_26c62d94ea_b.jpg
OOH Spooky!:scared1:
We THINK the fireworks were getting lost in the really thick clouds?

24919257624_7149e4d5a3_b.jpg
That is incredible!:scared1:

Sounds like you and Jamie had a great day and such an awesome ending!:goodvibes

Day 4
Friday 25th September 2015
Part 1 – Let the procession begin!
This was our arrival day! We braved the rain in downtown Disney that night. 2 umbrellas and a poncho later it eventually stopped!:umbrella:
Your pictures have me tinkering with the idea of booking the Poly for our Jan/Feb 2017 trip! We had all but decided to stay at the Wilderness Lodge again but these pictures are making me have second thoughts!

While we were in line I told Jamie this is another ride I think is too scary for children.
He disagreed, saying he wouldn’t have been scared of this as a kid…
Does he not have a soul?!?
I was 21 first time I rode Dinosaur. I wish I had the picture from that trip but I was pretty much convinced it was the scariest on Disney property.

Animal Kingdom theming :love:
Amazing!
This was the best safari I have ever been on!
We went to Animal Kingdom the very next morning and it was probably our Best Safari ever! A baby Rhino got lost from its momma and all of the trucks had to stop until it was reunited. The baby probably circled the truck 5 times before we got going, which made for some awesome close up pictures!
IMG_6013_zpscbud3eoa.jpg
IMG_6013_zpscbud3eoa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] (Bare with me, my first time inserting a picture in a quote)

It’s my very first Food and Wine Festival!!!
My first food and Wine too! Of course I was buying everything with Food and Wine on it... Have yet to use any of it but you know how impulse buying in Disney is!
Did you end up trying Canada? I had the Filet I had heard soooooo much about and it was AMAZING! Also another favorite was a Pomegranate Margarita from Mexico. I will do my research more on Food and Wine this year so I won't be as clueless.

Okay, after getting a new job and not being able to follow along due to training... I am finally back and caught up. What a great trip and I am still freaking out about the view from your room. Not to mention all the food you get to eat. I agree Haggis is TERRIBLE but the rule is you have to eat it. That is the way my family is when we go to the highland games where I live. You have to toughen up and just do it. Although i am pretty sure my Filipino wife doesn't agree. LOL.

So, does anyone remember that old funny viral video of the online shopping channel blooper, where the guy is going, “Look at that horse!” to a picture of a giant moth?!

What the heck?! I've never seen this! And how in the world does he see a bushy tail?!? :rotfl2:

Well, whilst watching Up the other day, Jamie’s friend pointed out that when Mr. Fredricksen is watching TV, right before he meets Russell, he’s watching that exact part of that show!

WHAT THE HELL!!! :faint::faint::faint:

I showed DH all these videos just now and he was in awe as well! I can't believe they used that clip in the movie! And Up! was just on the other day and didn't even notice. So crazy!

But then we watched the blooper clip on YouTube, and noticed that right before the part he’s watching in the scene, and right where the blooper video begins, is a shot of a camera, with a picture of a hot air balloon!
Which is what we can assume he had been watching for a while, yes?!
So, aside from being a balloon salesman himself, maybe this was where part of his plan was formed?!
WHO KNOWS.
But it was a fun find nonetheless!

:faint::faint::faint:

My mind is gone. GONE!

:faint::faint::faint:

And we caught them at the most adorable moment, because their handler stopped them and made them look left and right, and hold hands when crossing the street!
Like true Wilderness Explorers!

Agh way too precious!

Pfffhahaha! That girl's expression is classic!

The girl behind me is SO done with this $h*t!

And that's exactly her sentiments! :laughing:

(Some of you shared stories of your fearless kids enjoying the Haunted Mansion…
SURELY none of you can say the same about Dinosaur?!
It’s legit terrifying!)

The first time I rode it in 2008, my eyes were closed the whole time, so yes! Definitely frightening at any age the first time!

We exited the time rover and everyone moved onto the platform when Jamie starts patting his pockets…
He looked at me in horror…
His iPhone was gone!!!!!!
Lost forever to the cretaceous period.
Advancing the intelligence of the dinosaurs, allowing them to forever rule the world, preventing human evolution and existence, creating a major time paradox, causing a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum, and destroy the entire universe.

:scared1:

Just kidding, we ran back and it was on the seat.
Phew.

Oh wow, how did it just stay on the seat like that without falling out?! Very lucky guy.

Good lord that's a sausage:blush:

I'm so RELIEVED i'm not the only one that finds this scene hilarious! Every time I would laugh, DH would be like, "You always laugh at that part, why?!" Uh hello it's funny:confused3

We saw all three lions AWAKE, and this girl was up at the very top of the highest rock!

SO LUCKY!!! So the trick is riding while raining?? Or as the rain is coming to an end. Incredible shots!

Oh my goodness, what a cutie!

Ahh, parenthood. :laughing:

That's about right ::yes::

I have those! In fact, I have a picture of DH's 'annoyed' face because I wanted to shp :laughing:

I've got to try these uncrustables, I can't believe how much you love them!

It was 2015’s opening night too (AND the 20th anniversary!), which meant the atmosphere was buzzing!

Wow and how perfect that it was your very first time too! :hyper:

We also put some money onto a mini gift card that goes around your wrist!
Ahh Disney, anything to make taking my money easier.

Seriously!

Haggis is sheep’s heart, liver and lungs, minced and encased in sheep’s stomach.

:eek::scared:

I'm wondering how Epcot's version really does taste?! I'm assuming it will be more 'Americanized' so probably not as bad as the real thing, but BARF-A-RONI!

I’m somewhat traumatised, but whatever, I still took this picture to send to my Dad, which he loved.

25254309450_770d344a1b_b.jpg

:lmao:

Cute!

Omg.
YUM AND WOW.
It was practically life changing.
Definitely my favourite of the day, and probably of the whole trip!

That's great that you didn't modify it and kept it as is! And crazy that it ended up being one of your favorites, that's great!

:rotfl:

The monorail took us back to the TTC, and we walked back to the Poly from there.

How nice was that though? I couldn't believe how close the TTC was from our building when we stayed. It was super convenient!

That is creepy/scary/amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter