Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Virtual queue for Tron is just being allowed to stand in a 90 minute standby lane. Much better to purchase the iLL if you don’t want to stand in line.
Every time I’ve done VQ it’s been 45-60 min. I’ve heard of both shorter and longer waits but I think the goal of this whole thing is a standby line of about an hour.

Of course, the alternative is no VQ and a standby line that likely exceeds two hours. WDW has polled people to figure out if people might prefer this, given the fact that Guardians is almost two years old I wouldn't be surprised if they make the switch sometime this year.

Every time I’ve done VQ it’s been 45-60 min. I’ve heard of both shorter and longer waits but I think the goal of this whole thing is a standby line of about an hour.

Of course, the alternative is no VQ and a standby line that likely exceeds two hours. WDW has polled people to figure out if people might prefer this, given the fact that Guardians is almost two years old I wouldn't be surprised if they make the switch sometime this year.
I’ve waited at all ends of the spectrum with VQ, as short as a walk on, all the way up to 2 hours (there was a cleanup needed in the preshow that kept the line at a standstill for a good 45 min). My average wait though when there is a line has been in the 30-45 min relm.

Please keep discussions in this thread to how VQs works or actual experiences.

For those wishing to discuss changes they wish were made, please take those discussions to this thread in the TPAS Community sub-forum. Lots of discussions have happened there.

Future off topic comments will be removed from this thread as it is intended to assist guests with how VQ works.

What timing has worked best recently for getting a VQ right at 7 am using the world clock - refreshing at 6:59:58 or 6:59:59? I know I'm splitting hairs here but it sounds like it is so much harder to get VQ recently and I want to maximize our chances. Thanks!

I'm not sure where to post this so please move it to whichever thread is appropriate. We are coming down this weekend and we have tickets that still require park reservations. We want to try for a VQ for GoG on Monday. We were planning on starting the day at animal kingdom and then hopping to epcot but someone told us we need a park reservation for epcot that day to be able to try for the VQ. Is that true? If so can we make the Epcot reservation, get the VQ and then modify it to animal kingdom? Thanks for any help!

I'm not sure where to post this so please move it to whichever thread is appropriate. We are coming down this weekend and we have tickets that still require park reservations. We want to try for a VQ for GoG on Monday. We were planning on starting the day at animal kingdom and then hopping to epcot but someone told us we need a park reservation for epcot that day to be able to try for the VQ. Is that true? If so can we make the Epcot reservation, get the VQ and then modify it to animal kingdom? Thanks for any help!
With recent changes, you will not need a park reservation at EPCOT to make VQ for GOTG, as long as you have a park hopper ticket (which is sounds like you do). So keep your AK reservation, be on right at 7AM for the VQ (hope that works out for you!), and enjoy your day at both parks!

With recent changes, you will not need a park reservation at EPCOT to make VQ for GOTG, as long as you have a park hopper ticket (which is sounds like you do). So keep your AK reservation, be on right at 7AM for the VQ (hope that works out for you!), and enjoy your day at both parks!
OP said they have tickets that still requires them. Yes, they can start by reserving Epcot and then change the reservation to AK after securing the Guardians VQ at 7am.

OP said they have tickets that still requires them. Yes, they can start by reserving Epcot and then change the reservation to AK after securing the Guardians VQ at 7am.
They can, but it's not necessary. Having a non-date based ticket only requires an initial park reservation. After entering that park, they can hop anywhere - so getting a VQ at EPCOT is not a problem for them, even with having an AK park reservation.

They can, but it's not necessary. Having a non-date based ticket only requires an initial park reservation. After entering that park, they can hop anywhere - so getting a VQ at EPCOT is not a problem for them, even with having an AK park reservation.
If your ticket requires reservations, your reservation has to be for the park the VQ is in.

sorry but this information is incorrect. Since the OP has a ticket which requires a park reservation, in order to be eligible to try for a 7AM VQ for Guardians they must have an Epcot park reservation. Once they obtain the VQ they can change their park reservation to the park they wish to go to first.

sorry but this information is incorrect. Since the OP has a ticket which requires a park reservation, in order to be eligible to try for a 7AM VQ for Guardians they must have an Epcot park reservation. Once they obtain the VQ they can change their park reservation to the park they wish to go to first.
Apologies. I thought I understood the recent changes and honestly thought this was one that was changed in Jan. I almost tried this on our trip last month - if I had, I would have been able to speak from experience. Apparently, the changes were not as widespread as I had thought I read. Thank you for the correction. A huge disadvantage for folks with tickets requiring the park reservations. My apologies to the OP.....

Apologies. I thought I understood the recent changes and honestly thought this was one that was changed in Jan. I almost tried this on our trip last month - if I had, I would have been able to speak from experience. Apparently, the changes were not as widespread as I had thought I read. Thank you for the correction. A huge disadvantage for folks with tickets requiring the park reservations. My apologies to the OP.....
Not a problem at all, it's confusing for sure!

It bothers me when I don't know of have the right information- and especially when I share it as fact. I went back to our Jan plans. Not an excuse for being incorrect, but the day I was going to do VQ..... We had a park res for AK, and I was looking at the Tron VQ. It was available to me, but I decided not to grab it. We are AP, and required a park res. Turns out, that particular day they threw in late one of those Good-To-Go days, so it turned out the park res we had was no longer required or recognized.

It should be simpler!!

It bothers me when I don't know of have the right information- and especially when I share it as fact. I went back to our Jan plans. Not an excuse for being incorrect, but the day I was going to do VQ..... We had a park res for AK, and I was looking at the Tron VQ. It was available to me, but I decided not to grab it. We are AP, and required a park res. Turns out, that particular day they threw in late one of those Good-To-Go days, so it turned out the park res we had was no longer required or recognized.

It should be simpler!!
A 'Good to Go' day levels things in that APs do not require park reservations but, the OP did not mention the day they want to go to Epcot being a 'Good to Go' day so to be eligible at 7AM, an AP must have a park reservation for the park they wish to obtain the VQ for.

Yes, I wish it were simpler too! We've done our best to clarify how things work in post 1 but it's just simple any longer.

A 'Good to Go' day levels things in that APs do not require park reservations but, the OP did not mention the day they want to go to Epcot being a 'Good to Go' day so to be eligible at 7AM, an AP must have a park reservation for the park they wish to obtain the VQ for.

Yes, I wish it were simpler too! We've done our best to clarify how things work in post 1 but it's just simple any longer.
No, was just explaining my personal situation and why I confused this whole post based on what I had seen! My situation was definitely different from OP.

And if the OP (or anyone) has a non-date based ticket that's not an AP, GTG days don't matter either!! Ugh.....

We travel to DW at the end of August and have a visit to Epcot planned for our arrival day. We won't be able to make it to Epcot until probably 3pm'ish. How late have virtual queues been available? Any hope that one might be available when we get there?

We travel to DW at the end of August and have a visit to Epcot planned for our arrival day. We won't be able to make it to Epcot until probably 3pm'ish. How late have virtual queues been available? Any hope that one might be available when we get there?
Please read post 1 of this thread as it includes a lot of helpful information.

I would recommend trying for a VQ at 7AM. Guardians VQ's are good from the time your group is called until park close. If you wait to try until you arrive at the park, the VQ slots will most likely be filled for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter