Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Have there been any predictions/rumors/actual information about what will happen with VQs when park reservations are no longer required? I know there was some thought awhile back that the VQ would end at GotG but not sure about Tron? If VQs still exist, how will they manage them without knowing who is going to what park? I’m trying to remember if RotR was open at DL briefly before Covid and how they managed that…

I don’t know about Rise at DL, but at DW, I woke up early and desperately tapped on my phone in the parking lot of Hollywood Studios along with hundreds of others trying to get the VQ.

I really don’t want that to be the new (old) way for VQs! I haven’t seen any rumours of how this’ll be handled yet.

Have there been any predictions/rumors/actual information about what will happen with VQs when park reservations are no longer required? I know there was some thought awhile back that the VQ would end at GotG but not sure about Tron? If VQs still exist, how will they manage them without knowing who is going to what park? I’m trying to remember if RotR was open at DL briefly before Covid and how they managed that…
Announcement was made yesterday. Please see post 2 of this thread or the page before this one.

Will there definitely be a 1:00 VQ for Tron on the busiest days—like December 30 and 31? Or is it possible that they will fill the entire schedule for the day at 7:00? Since we will be staying in the park very late for the New Year’s fireworks, I would rather not have to get up and ready and head over to MK in the morning to make our VQ. But I would hate to miss out at 1:00 because either there was no VQ at all or it filled up in a fraction of a second due to the crowds. Would appreciate any advice!

Will there definitely be a 1:00 VQ for Tron on the busiest days—like December 30 and 31? Or is it possible that they will fill the entire schedule for the day at 7:00? Since we will be staying in the park very late for the New Year’s fireworks, I would rather not have to get up and ready and head over to MK in the morning to make our VQ. But I would hate to miss out at 1:00 because either there was no VQ at all or it filled up in a fraction of a second due to the crowds. Would appreciate any advice!
Yes. They hold back groups for the 1pm VQ.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a 1:00 VQ with boarding groups being given out. There have been 1:00 VQs on other very busy and crowded days. Whether they will all disappear in seconds is a much different question. While the late hours may/should mean more boarding groups will be handed out those days, there should be a lot more people in the park competing for those boarding groups too. There have been other days where the 1:00 Tron VQ filled up in seconds. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again on December 30 and 31.

I am traveling to WDW next month for a conference. I will have several evening passes (either 1 p.m. and beyond or 5 p.m. and beyond). Assuming I follow all of the instructions as outlined in this thread, is there any difference in the chance I may have to get in the VQ and get a BG for TRON or GoTG if I am at the park by the times those VQ open? I am guessing I cannot purchase an $ILL in the morning since it's an afternoon/evening pass???

I am traveling to WDW next month for a conference. I will have several evening passes (either 1 p.m. and beyond or 5 p.m. and beyond). Assuming I follow all of the instructions as outlined in this thread, is there any difference in the chance I may have to get in the VQ and get a BG for TRON or GoTG if I am at the park by the times those VQ open? I am guessing I cannot purchase an $ILL in the morning since it's an afternoon/evening pass???
I think you will still be able to buy $LL it will just have to be for after your ticket is valid to use.

I am usually a genius at getting VQ in low boarding groups under 60, but I tried for Guardians this morning and they were instantaneously gone. I’ve never not been able to get one! Crazy. I had my phone off WiFi and refreshed EXACTlY at 7:00. There were plenty of $LL though, if I kept refreshing for a good time slot for our day. For the first time, we had to buy $LL for Guardians. Wow. I know we can try again at 1pm, but I didn’t want to take the chance of not getting on, since we have guests who have never ridden.

After failing for the VQ I panicked and purchased the first ILL$ it offered me, which was not at a convenient time for my family. I wish I had done some refreshing, but I was afraid they would sell out in seconds!

Today is the busiest day of the year at Epcot. Just tried for a Virtual Queue using the Time.gov method and failed. That’s never happened to me before!!

Us too! I’ve never not gotten one, before, usually in low digits! Insane. Bought $LL for the first time, so our friends could experience it.

After failing for the VQ I panicked and purchased the first ILL$ it offered me, which was not at a convenient time for my family. I wish I had done some refreshing, but I was afraid they would sell out in seconds!

Oh, that’s a bummer. I came in late to buy our $LL, but was picky about the time, so decided to try refreshing and saw different times pop up. I refreshed 3 times and then some mid afternoon times became available. I hope you and your family have a good day in Epcot! MK was strangely not nearly as crowded and insane as we expected, last night. Ride times were ridiculous, though. I’m wondering if maybe the crowds showed up after we left at 8?

I have a fair amount of previous experience with obtaining VQ/BGs and purchasing ILL$. Just want to make sure, with all the recent changes, that I'm understanding the lay of the land correctly.

I can try for a TRON VQ/BG at 7am, right? We're planning to hop to another park around 2-3pm, so trying for a TRON BG at 1pm is a moot point since the return time would be later than we plan to be in MK. If I'm unsuccessful in getting a BG at 7 am, I can still purchase ILL$ for TRON? Do you still have to choose from limited time choices, or can you tell it what time you want? If the former, then you still need to refresh until a time you want shows up?

Same thing for GOTG? Try for VQ at 7am. If unsuccessful, I can buy ILL$ for it? We'll be in EPCOT a full day, so even if we buy ILL$, we could still try for another BG at 1 pm and ride it twice if we also get a BG?

I realize that I could take my chances on the 1pm BG drop, but we have guests who've never ridden and I'd rather splurge on the ILL$ and know they'll get to ride, even if I could have saved $$ by just trying again at 1 pm. The risk of not getting to ride GOTG at all is not one I want to take on this visit.

Lastly, ROTR no longer has VQ, right? So either purchase ILL$ or wait in the SB line for it?

I have a fair amount of previous experience with obtaining VQ/BGs and purchasing ILL$. Just want to make sure, with all the recent changes, that I'm understanding the lay of the land correctly.

I can try for a TRON VQ/BG at 7am, right? We're planning to hop to another park around 2-3pm, so trying for a TRON BG at 1pm is a moot point since the return time would be later than we plan to be in MK. If I'm unsuccessful in getting a BG at 7 am, I can still purchase ILL$ for TRON? Do you still have to choose from limited time choices, or can you tell it what time you want? If the former, then you still need to refresh until a time you want shows up?

Same thing for GOTG? Try for VQ at 7am. If unsuccessful, I can buy ILL$ for it? We'll be in EPCOT a full day, so even if we buy ILL$, we could still try for another BG at 1 pm and ride it twice if we also get a BG?

I realize that I could take my chances on the 1pm BG drop, but we have guests who've never ridden and I'd rather splurge on the ILL$ and know they'll get to ride, even if I could have saved $$ by just trying again at 1 pm. The risk of not getting to ride GOTG at all is not one I want to take on this visit.

Lastly, ROTR no longer has VQ, right? So either purchase ILL$ or wait in the SB line for it?
Yes, try at 7 AM for a BG for TRON. For ILL, you get to pick your time from the times that remain available. The night times fill up first.

Yes for GOTG. You can ride twice with a BG and an ILL purchase.

Correct, ROTR is just SB and ILL now (except during Jollywood Nights).

Jan 9th has arrived! First day for all guests to be eligible to try for ONE VQ at 7AM as park reservations are not required for the majority of guests, beginning today!

No Theme Park Reservation Required

Date-based 1-day ticket
Date-based multi-day ticket
Vacation package with date-based tickets

Theme Park Reservation Required

Student group tickets
Sport and Convention ticket
Disney Military Salute Ticket
Annual Pass
All other ticket types not mentioned above

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter