Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

It looks like we might be doing a last-minute Disney trip over New Year's. My tentative plan is to do Epcot on December 31, which, not surprisingly, Touring Plans predicts to be a crowd level of 10. I think we would rather do the 1:00 VQ than the 7:00 VQ, since the park is open until midnight and we probably won't be rope-dropping. Is there a risk on a day as crowded as that that there won't even by a 1:00 VQ?

It looks like we might be doing a last-minute Disney trip over New Year's. My tentative plan is to do Epcot on December 31, which, not surprisingly, Touring Plans predicts to be a crowd level of 10. I think we would rather do the 1:00 VQ than the 7:00 VQ, since the park is open until midnight and we probably won't be rope-dropping. Is there a risk on a day as crowded as that that there won't even by a 1:00 VQ?
Epcot will be at/near capacity so I would recommend trying at 7AM and if you're not successful you have a second chance to try at 1PM.

With Guardians, once your VQ is called, you may ride anytime from when it is called until park close. (This is not the case for Tron which enforces it's 1 hour return time) so there is nothing lost by trying for Guardians at 7AM.

IMO there is definitely a risk of not getting a VQ if you narrow your window to only 1 drop rather than 2.

Apologies if this has already been discussed...

With WDW doing away with park reservations for dated tickets, come January will it be possible for WDW hotel guests with park hoppers to book both VQs at 7am? The idea would be that you show up on time for Tron, and show up after 2pm for Guardians.

Apologies if this has already been discussed...

With WDW doing away with park reservations for dated tickets, come January will it be possible for WDW hotel guests with park hoppers to book both VQs at 7am? The idea would be that you show up on time for Tron, and show up after 2pm for Guardians.
We don't really know at this time as Disney has not announced how VQs will work (if VQs are still required) after Jan 8th. We will really need to wait for an announcement to see how they will be handled in the future.

Just a note that currently VQs are available at 7AM to all guests (onsite and offsite) who have a park reservation.

We don't really know at this time as Disney has not announced how VQs will work (if VQs are still required) after Jan 8th. We will really need to wait for an announcement to see how they will be handled in the future.

Just a note that currently VQs are available at 7AM to all guests (onsite and offsite) who have a park reservation.
Thank you, that makes sense.

Is there always a 1:00 VQ for Tron, even on the most crowded days? We plan to do MK on December 30. Our plan is to lay low in the morning, and then go to the park in the afternoon (since it is open until midnight). If we do the 7:00 VQ and get a low number, that pretty much kills our plan. But if we wait until the 1:00 VQ and it doesn't happen (since the whole day filled up at 7:00), then that kills our plan as well!

Is there always a 1:00 VQ for Tron, even on the most crowded days? We plan to do MK on December 30. Our plan is to lay low in the morning, and then go to the park in the afternoon (since it is open until midnight). If we do the 7:00 VQ and get a low number, that pretty much kills our plan. But if we wait until the 1:00 VQ and it doesn't happen (since the whole day filled up at 7:00), then that kills our plan as well!
Barring significant downtime you should be fine with the 1pm VQ. 7am slots always fill up within seconds.

I apologize if this is a dumb question…I’m honestly just a bit confused on VQ and $ILL.

Are the options to get on TRON either VQ or $ILL? or do you need both?

If I was to pay for the $ILL, am I all set to ride or do I need to something else?
Is it true for $ILL you can pick the time you ride?

Just trying to get the difference between the two. Thank you in advance.

I apologize if this is a dumb question…I’m honestly just a bit confused on VQ and $ILL.

If I was to pay for the $ILL, am I all set to ride or do I need to something else?

You can choose one or do both. If you get ILL you pick from the timeslots available (they’ll eventually sell out but if you pick when it opens you’ll have a lot of options), then you’re good to go.

If you get both ILL$ and VQ you will be able to ride twice.

How I am reading the first few posts- with our 1 day hopper.
Our entry park is HS then hop to Epcot for a few rides then at night go to MK. This will be the Saturday before Xmas- and I hope the 900 close time will be bumped up.
Seems like we can not join either VQ right? We will get to Epcot at 2, and magic kingdom around 7:00.

How I am reading the first few posts- with our 1 day hopper.
Our entry park is HS then hop to Epcot for a few rides then at night go to MK. This will be the Saturday before Xmas- and I hope the 900 close time will be bumped up.
Seems like we can not join either VQ right? We will get to Epcot at 2, and magic kingdom around 7:00.
Correct. You will not be eligible to try for either VQ until you have entered the park. You may get Guardians. You will not get Tron.

The only option IF park reservations are not full, is to swap your park reservation to Epcot, secure Guardians then swap m it back to DHS but this is risky so close to Christmas.

I saw this in an article

“However, after January 9th, 2024, all-day park hopping returns and you’ll be able to park hop to either Magic Kingdom or EPCOT to test your luck when the virtual queue window opens in the afternoon at 1 PM. However, you will still have to be in the park at this time, so park hopping any later could mean that you miss out on your chance to ride. Your best chances at getting a spot in line is to be available for both the 7 AM and 1 PM opportunities, so it’s still worth considering starting your day at the specific park if you don’t want to miss out on the chance to ride.”

I saw this in an article

“However, after January 9th, 2024, all-day park hopping returns and you’ll be able to park hop to either Magic Kingdom or EPCOT to test your luck when the virtual queue window opens in the afternoon at 1 PM. However, you will still have to be in the park at this time, so park hopping any later could mean that you miss out on your chance to ride. Your best chances at getting a spot in line is to be available for both the 7 AM and 1 PM opportunities, so it’s still worth considering starting your day at the specific park if you don’t want to miss out on the chance to ride.”
Disney has not announced what will happen re: virtual queues as of Jan 9th so this is purely a person’s guess. It could happen that way but honestly we don’t know.

I would not count it as fact.

We have a 9:30am ADR at Homecoming in Disney Springs and then plan to go to EPCOT. If we attempt to get in the 7am VQ for Guardians, I'm concerned that our group could be called back before we finish breakfast. Or does the VQ spots go pretty quickly in the AM and I just need to wait a few seconds after 7am to get in a later boarding group? Or just wait altogether for the 1pm VQ to open?

I believe that you can return anytime after your GotG VQ group has been called, no deadline. It’s the opposite for Tron - the 1-hour return window is strictly enforced, to avoid having the ride overwhelmed with guests wanting to ride after dark. So I’d try at 7 AM for a Guardians VQ.

We have a 9:30am ADR at Homecoming in Disney Springs and then plan to go to EPCOT. If we attempt to get in the 7am VQ for Guardians, I'm concerned that our group could be called back before we finish breakfast. Or does the VQ spots go pretty quickly in the AM and I just need to wait a few seconds after 7am to get in a later boarding group? Or just wait altogether for the 1pm VQ to open?
Join at 7am and don’t delay. Even if you are late you can ride anytime before close. This will not work for TRON but it does for Guardians.

Please read post 1 of this thread for many details about Guardians VQ. Once your Guardians VQ is called you can ride from then until park close. Try at 7AM for sure!

I was shocked, we just tried to join VQ for Guardians right at 7 and didn’t get it. Is it still really that popular? We purchased the ILL, which will be good from a time standpoint, but sucks from a budget standpoint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter