Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

We were there last week and it was VERY busy.
Sunday, VQ Tron , boarded about 11 am, group 30.
Monday, missed Guardians, did ILL$ instead.
Wednesday, group 3, loaded at 9:20.
Friday, group 2, loaded at 9 am.

Moana Monday, joined VQ at 11:30, group 95, toured at 2:30.
Wednesday, joined at 11:15, GROUP 30, entered at noon.
Friday, joined at 9, group 25, entered at 11 am.

10/16 was our only Epcot reservation day and totally forgot about the VQ for Guardians while we were getting ready and had to but LL after we rope dropped Remmy.

As an FYI- the Moana VQ opened at 8:45.

So tried the VQ for Tron today right at 1pm. Got backup boarding group 96, so it’s still not certain we can ride it today.

What is a 'backup' boarding group? This isn't a term I've ever heard before.

We had BG 90 once and rode late afternoon.
Back in the days of the Ride of the Resistance VQ, there was a distinction between regular boarding groups (those expected to be called) and backup boarding groups (those that might be called if things went well that day).

"The only material difference between a Regular Boarding Group and Backup Boarding Group is guest recovery - Disney will generally offer guest recovery (often in the form of a FP for RotR the next day) for a guest in a Regular Boarding Group if they are unable to be accommodated that day but they will NOT for a guest in a Backup Boarding Group." (Source)

I didn't realize they were still using that distinction (regular vs. backup) for Tron VQ. I'm pretty sure they no longer offer "guest recovery" if your boarding group is not called, regardless of what it is called.

After a while our backup boarding group got changed to a regular boarding group. I don’t know why. The backup boarding group we had earlier said it wasn’t guaranteed we got on. But we got on Tron around 4pm. It was great.

They've called at least 130 BGs every day since the day after it officially opened. There shouldn't be any worry about getting on with BG 96, if there's any language in the app saying otherwise it's probably precautionary.

After a while our backup boarding group got changed to a regular boarding group. I don’t know why. The backup boarding group we had earlier said it wasn’t guaranteed we got on. But we got on Tron around 4pm. It was great.
I don't believe any boarding groups are guaranteed any more.
1697576539225.png

I've been reading for quite a while. I know this has been asked but I can't find the answer. On Sunday, we are going to go to EP in the morning, then hop to MK (also doing MNSSHP). We are staying on the property. At 7 am, is it possible to get a VQ for GotG and one for Tron? Or a VQ for GotG and an ILL$ for Tron at the same time? As long as Tron is after 2? Or, would it be possible to get a 1:00 Tron while at EP?
Just trying to get strategy lined up. Thanks!

I've been reading for quite a while. I know this has been asked but I can't find the answer. On Sunday, we are going to go to EP in the morning, then hop to MK (also doing MNSSHP). We are staying on the property. At 7 am, is it possible to get a VQ for GotG and one for Tron? Or a VQ for GotG and an ILL$ for Tron at the same time? As long as Tron is after 2? Or, would it be possible to get a 1:00 Tron while at EP?
You can try for both at 7AM... but return times are what they are and neither might work out with your proposed plans.
For the 1PM window, you'll need to have gone through the MK ticket scanners... which can't be done till 2PM if you had Park Reservations at Epcot that day.
There will be a 6PM VQ for Tron on a MNSSHP night.

Strategy would be try for the VQ and see if you get lucky. Should be able to do the 6PM VQ for Tron as that's a more limited group. Might have to do an ILL$ for GotG if you return time is too late to fit with your plans.

One time we got 10AM, another it was late.... I think 6PM, but then ride went down a few times at it ended up not happening till near 8PM.

I assume your park reservation is for Epcot, and that you don't have one of the tickets that doesn't require park reservations. In order to try for the 7:00 VQ for Tron, you need a park reservation for MK. I've seen someone post that they got VQs for both Tron and Guardians by quickly changing their park reservations at 7:00, but that was at a very slow time (I think it was late August). Also, many of the VQs issued at 7:00 for Tron will be for boarding groups that get morning return times. If you don't appear for your Tron VQ on time, it is cancelled. So, it very well might not do you any good anyway since you can't enter the park until 2:00. (Guardians is different.) To try for the 1:00 Tron VQ, you have to have entered MK. That would work for you only if the VQ is still available when you enter MK at 2:00 or later. Since you're staying onsite, getting a VQ for Guardians and an ILL for Tron at 7:00 is quite possible and likely your best option.

I assume your park reservation is for Epcot, and that you don't have one of the tickets that doesn't require park reservations. In order to try for the 7:00 VQ for Tron, you need a park reservation for MK. I've seen someone post that they got VQs for both Tron and Guardians by quickly changing their park reservations at 7:00, but that was at a very slow time (I think it was late August). Also, many of the VQs issued at 7:00 for Tron will be for boarding groups that get morning return times. If you don't appear for your Tron VQ on time, it is cancelled. So, it very well might not do you any good anyway since you can't enter the park until 2:00. (Guardians is different.) To try for the 1:00 Tron VQ, you have to have entered MK. That would work for you only if the VQ is still available when you enter MK at 2:00 or later. Since you're staying onsite, getting a VQ for Guardians and an ILL for Tron at 7:00 is quite possible and likely your best option.
Thank you! That’s probably what I’ll do. I know I can try for Tron at 6:00 and it may be easier, but I’d like to know. That will make a difference as to what time we leave Epcot

The GOTG 7 am VQ was gone in seconds today and I clicked right when I saw the time change (mentally counting down with my watch). I went back and the VQ stopped enrolling guests.

Got BG 72, but we won’t be in the parks until 5 pm (flight lands at 2:30 pm; won’t be able to turn phones on for second 1 pm drop).

The GOTG 7 am VQ was gone in seconds today and I clicked right when I saw the time change (mentally counting down with my watch). I went back and the VQ stopped enrolling guests.

Got BG 72, but we won’t be in the parks until 5 pm (flight lands at 2:30 pm; won’t be able to turn phones on for second 1 pm drop).
If your VQ is gir Guardians that won’t be a problem at all. For Guardians, once your group is called you can ride anytime from then until park close. You’ll be just fine. When you’re ready to ride, go to the tap station. You will be permitted to ride even if it’s hours later.

The same is not true with Tron. With Tron you must arrive during your 1 hour return window or you will be turned away.

Quick question. My son and family are linked to me. He is with a large party. What happens if I get him a BG while he is trying with his family connected to his large group? If I get one will it negate his attempts and thereby cancel his party from also getting a BG?

Quick question. My son and family are linked to me. He is with a large party. What happens if I get him a BG while he is trying with his family connected to his large group? If I get one will it negate his attempts and thereby cancel his party from also getting a BG?
It could cause issues. I wouldn’t try for him unless you have everyone else that’s trying to get a bg together linked to you as well.

If you try for him and are successful, his return time will also be with yours rather than his group.

Is there a way you can link everyone together? Even if you get the same return time you will not have to return together if touring seperately.

If you try for him and are successful, his return time will also be with yours rather than his group.

Is there a way you can link everyone together? Even if you get the same return time you will not have to return together if touring seperately.
No, his group is 20 people. I don’t want to be linked to that many people. He’s on his own lol. Thanks for your sharing your knowledge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter