Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I have heard that, if people miss their VQ return time due to a dining reservation, they can show their receipt to a CM and will be allowed to ride after the return window. I did not see this in your first few posts - not sure if you want to add a note or not.

I have heard that, if people miss their VQ return time due to a dining reservation, they can show their receipt to a CM and will be allowed to ride after the return window. I did not see this in your first few posts - not sure if you want to add a note or not.
I believe there is mention of this being discussed in the body of the thread at least.

It may happen but it's not guaranteed. I will review the first 2 posts and update if required. thanks for the suggestion.

I did exactly this 3 weeks ago for our family. It was a quieter time in the parks and worked out wonderfully. Hope you’re successful too!
@scrappinginontario - wait WHAT? You can just change park reservations the same day? How is that allowed?

I'm heading down for a solo trip in a few weeks and this would be AMAZING if I could do this VQ hopper thing you two just wrote about. But I'm extremely confused....

@scrappinginontario - wait WHAT? You can just change park reservations the same day? How is that allowed?

I'm heading down for a solo trip in a few weeks and this would be AMAZING if I could do this VQ hopper thing you two just wrote about. But I'm extremely confused....
If there's availability, and there usually is unless it's a busy holiday, you can switch park reservations day of. Our 1st day this month was supposed to be AK, but we swapped it for MK to try for a Tron BG on the flight, with the intent to switch back to AK if the Tron time was too early for us.

We sometimes switch reservations waiting for buses... if we just missed a bus, we might swap to another park just because.

We have a park reservation on the same day as a halloween party. If i do the 7am VQ and get lucky and get a boarding pass can i do another for that night?

It may happen but it's not guaranteed. I will review the first 2 posts and update if required. thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, this happened to me on 9/24. It looked like our Tron BG was going to be called while we were at a dining reservation, so we asked the Tron cast member beforehand, and he instructed us to come back with our dining receipt and we would be able to ride later. We ended up getting on Tron about an hour after our boarding group had expired.

If there's availability, and there usually is unless it's a busy holiday, you can switch park reservations day of. Our 1st day this month was supposed to be AK, but we swapped it for MK to try for a Tron BG on the flight, with the intent to switch back to AK if the Tron time was too early for us.

We sometimes switch reservations waiting for buses... if we just missed a bus, we might swap to another park just because.
Okay just so I have this right (I'm sorry for asking again, you're so sweet for writing a response, I think I get it)....

It's 7am tomorrow (just an example) and I have a park reservation for EPCOT. I think "oh let me see if I can grab a Tron VQ", so I go on MDE app and switch my park reservation to MK, I get a Tron VQ luckily, but darn I can't get to the park at that time, so I switch back to EPCOT through the app again. Is that right?

Also - if I switch back to EPCOT, what happens to the Tron VQ? Does it delete automatically? Does it mess with my ability to get Genie at EPCOT then?

Thanks again Nick!

We have a park reservation on the same day as a halloween party. If i do the 7am VQ and get lucky and get a boarding pass can i do another for that night?
Do you have a ticket to the Halloween party? If you do, you can try to book 2 VQs the same day. One at either 7am or 1pm and a second one at 6pm
Okay just so I have this right (I'm sorry for asking again, you're so sweet for writing a response, I think I get it)....

It's 7am tomorrow (just an example) and I have a park reservation for EPCOT. I think "oh let me see if I can grab a Tron VQ", so I go on MDE app and switch my park reservation to MK, I get a Tron VQ luckily, but darn I can't get to the park at that time, so I switch back to EPCOT through the app again. Is that right?

Also - if I switch back to EPCOT, what happens to the Tron VQ? Does it delete automatically? Does it mess with my ability to get Genie at EPCOT then?

Thanks again Nick!
I'm a little unclear about which park you are actually going to visit first.

what I can answer is, if you secure a VQ and then change parks it does not affect your VQ. We did it many times last month. By the middle of the trip I changed all of our park reservations to Epcot. I would wake up at 7AM and secure a Guardians VQ and then switch our park reservation to the actual park we wanted to go to first.

Sometime after 2PM we would hop to Epcot and ride Guardians. We finished almost every day of our 8 day tickets in Epcot, sometimes arriving only to ride GotG then walking to International Gateway and taking the Skyliner back to Pop.

LOL, can you believe even with doing that we still never saw the fireworks? We were either too tired and had already left or, were inside a different attraction (Guardians, I'm looking at you!) when they happened.

Has there been talk or rumors about when Guardians might stop the Virtual Queue? It looks like you can almost always get a 1 PM drop and the morning one seems to last quite a while these days. I feel like ROTR was off virtual queue by now but I know that one was messed up with the COVID closures.

Has there been talk or rumors about when Guardians might stop the Virtual Queue? It looks like you can almost always get a 1 PM drop and the morning one seems to last quite a while these days. I feel like ROTR was off virtual queue by now but I know that one was messed up with the COVID closures.
No, there has not been any announcements made of ending the VQ for Guardians.

Didn't see an answer for this, so forgive me if I missed it.

If I have a ticket and a park res, can someone on my Friends/Family list who does NOT have a ticket/park res attempt to make a BG for me? Just trying to maximize my chances.

Didn't see an answer for this, so forgive me if I missed it.

If I have a ticket and a park res, can someone on my Friends/Family list who does NOT have a ticket/park res attempt to make a BG for me? Just trying to maximize my chances.
Yes, if he has access to manage your plans.

Guardian of Galaxy in Epcot needs to join the virtue line, 7am and 1pm. No worry as long as you click the refresh button at 7 am and you will be in the line. Expected to board around noon for 7am, around 6 pm for 1 pm. There is one-hour window so it is plenty of time even if you are at the dinning table.

Warming, it is very dizzy ride if you get motion sickness. For me, it took me around two hours to recover....

Wow, I get a little motion sick riding it, but it passes after ten or fifteen minutes. I can't imagine enjoying any ride that makes me ill for two hours!! Hope you feel better if you ever ride it again

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter