Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I just got back and rode Tron twice. My first boarding pass was 94 and it got called at 4:50pm.
My second was at the Halloween party. I jumped into the virtual que right at 6:00pm and my callback time was 9:15pm
We asked to sit in front… makes that initial launch really cool. I also know folks who like the near-back as well.

Yesterday (hurricane day) got BG 122 for Tron at 1PM, called at 4:00. Waited maybe 30 mins. At 6 PM I got 211,called around 10:40, shorter wait.

Today I got Guardians at 7AM, group 56, also bought ILL for 10:45 ( could have gotten earlier but I needed more sleep ) Arrived at Epcot around 11, rode using ILL first and then BG, finished 2nd ride a little after noon. Original BG estimate was 1:15, but came up by 11:15.

Waits in general at Epcot we’re lower, Soarin was 10 min every timeI looked.

General information, for those who need to use Disney wifi, do not give up hope. We are 3/3 so far this week at the 7AM drop. It can be done from the comfort of your room.

We are at Pop which at 100% capacity but have still been successful at 7AM the 3 days we’ve tried.

Tomorrow going to AK but currently have an Epcot park reservation. Going to try and book Guardians at 7AM, change our park reservation to AK then hop to Epcot later. We’ll see how it goes.

Data points:
Aug 23 - Tron VQ 90 (7AM drop) called at 3:45

Aug 24 - Guardians VQ 6 (7AM drop) called at 8:45AM

Aug 25 - Tron VQ 6 (7AM drop) called at 7:45AM (That was a shock as we were all still in bed at 7AM!! Up and out fast!)

Also, 2 of the days above we were with friends so a group of 8. No challenges at all being a slightly bigger group.
How did it go? We're going to try the same scenario tomorrow!

How did it go? We're going to try the same scenario tomorrow!
It went great!! We ended up being 8/8 using Disney wifi!! I ended up changing all of our park reservations to Epcot to snag a Guarduans VQ each morning.

The last day of our trip I successfully got a 7AM VQ fir both Guardians and Tron!!

1. Park reservation for Epcot.
2. 7AM booked Guardians VQ
3. Changed park reservation to MK
4. 7:03 booked Tron VQ
5. Switched park reservation back to Epcot

We haven't been to the parks since last December. We were lucky enough to get Guardians BG multiple times on multiple trips last year. We haven't been since Tron has been open. Just to clarify, with Guardians the call back time still doesn't matter. However, with Tron you need to be back within the call back time? If so, how much time do they give you, seems like it was originally 2 hours.

We haven't been to the parks since last December. We were lucky enough to get Guardians BG multiple times on multiple trips last year. We haven't been since Tron has been open. Just to clarify, with Guardians the call back time still doesn't matter. However, with Tron you need to be back within the call back time? If so, how much time do they give you, seems like it was originally 2 hours.
Guardians you may return any time from when your VQ is called until park close.

Tron will give you a 1 hour window once your VQ is called.

Going to mnsshp tonight. Not sure how virtual queue for tron works.Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.Never been to this before, need some ideas thanks again everyone

They will open the Virtual Queue for party-goes at 6 PM. It may go quickly, so you probably want to set an alarm for a couple of minutes before so that you can be ready right at 6 when it opens.

If you enter the park earlier, there may still be spots in the Virtual Queue available from the 1pm drop. If there are still spots and the queue is still open, you are also free to grab a boarding group from that, which should allow you to ride before the party begins.

They will open the Virtual Queue for party-goes at 6 PM. It may go quickly, so you probably want to set an alarm for a couple of minutes before so that you can be ready right at 6 when it opens.

If you enter the park earlier, there may still be spots in the Virtual Queue available from the 1pm drop. If there are still spots and the queue is still open, you are also free to grab a boarding group from that, which should allow you to ride before the party begins.
So if I enter MK at 4:00 for MNSSHP, I could possibly book a spot in the VQ for Tron if the queue is still open (before 6:00)? And if there is no available space, could you keep hitting refresh? Would that open up a space or does VQ not work that way? I have used that technique to book full ILL but I'm not sure I'd VQ works the same.

Occasionally they’ll appear for Guardians if it’s rainy or very slow around 8pm-ish. But Tron is way more popular and that hasn’t happened yet.

So if I enter MK at 4:00 for MNSSHP, I could possibly book a spot in the VQ for Tron if the queue is still open (before 6:00)?
Correct. We were in the park by 4:12 last Friday. As we walked by an info board, I think in Adventureland, we noticed that it said the virtual queue was still open, so we opened the app and were able to grab two spots. Our boarding group got called around 5:15 and we finished up just after 6pm.

Correct. We were in the park by 4:12 last Friday. As we walked by an info board, I think in Adventureland, we noticed that it said the virtual queue was still open, so we opened the app and were able to grab two spots. Our boarding group got called around 5:15 and we finished up just after 6pm.
Well, it certainly won't hurt to try

Is it too soon to know how this will work in January after reservations end?

This is a really good question. I don’t think anyone knows yet.

Assumption could be that anyone holding a valid date based ticket (no reservation required) could try for a boarding group, along with those guests with tickets that still require park reservations that have the MK ressie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter