Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Not sure if this was already covered, but we had a VQ for Guardians of the Galaxy that we booked at 7am, but let it expire as we just couldn't get to it. But, we were able to get another one at 1pm for later in the day.

Not sure if this was already covered, but we had a VQ for Guardians of the Galaxy that we booked at 7am, but let it expire as we just couldn't get to it. But, we were able to get another one at 1pm for later in the day.
For Guardianns, once you group has been called you VQ will allow you to ride until park close. Your first reservation would have worked so not necessary if this happens again to try at 1PM.

This is not the same for Tron and those return times are strictly enforced.

Hello. We are considering visiting MK on our arrival day, which happens to be an extended evening hours night for deluxe guests. Debating whether we should visit the park that night (plane lands around 5:30) and try for Tron. Would love to ride at night?

I've read the first post and it sounds like you can try for the 6 pm VQ if you are deluxe, have an MK park reservation and that you don't have to have tapped into the park. Can anyone confirm they've done this when arriving late in the day/before they've checked in to their deluxe hotel?

And if we are successful, what time do they usually start calling boarding groups from the 6 pm VQ? I've looked at Thrill Data but I wasn't finding this info.

We could also try $ILL but I'm not sure how realistic it would be to get a return time so late in the day (like after 8 pm). I might want to try both as our biggest regret from our WDW trip in the spring was only riding once.

I have carefully read the first post on this thread and it answered most of my questions. I just want to be sure I understand correctly!
We are planning to buy non-hopper tickets, reserve Epcot, stay at a deluxe resort, during EEH.
Can we (in theory) ride GoG FOUR TIMES?

1) VQ 7 am. I do not need to physically be in Epcot at this time.
2) VQ 1 pm - since we cannot have two BG at once, I would have to assume my first ride occurred prior to 1 pm. I need to be in Epcot at this time.
3) VQ 6 pm - since we cannot have two BG at once, I would have to assume this next ride occurred prior to 6 pm, correct? I do not to be in Epcot at this time.
4) Paid ILL

I know this will never work out in theory. But my son loves this ride so I figure why not try to maximize his chances to ride that day! Thank you all!

I have carefully read the first post on this thread and it answered most of my questions. I just want to be sure I understand correctly!
We are planning to buy non-hopper tickets, reserve Epcot, stay at a deluxe resort, during EEH.
Can we (in theory) ride GoG FOUR TIMES?

1) VQ 7 am. I do not need to physically be in Epcot at this time.
2) VQ 1 pm - since we cannot have two BG at once, I would have to assume my first ride occurred prior to 1 pm. I need to be in Epcot at this time.
3) VQ 6 pm - since we cannot have two BG at once, I would have to assume this next ride occurred prior to 6 pm, correct? I do not to be in Epcot at this time.
4) Paid ILL

I know this will never work out in theory. But my son loves this ride so I figure why not try to maximize his chances to ride that day! Thank you all!
Max of 3 times. You can only get one VQ during regular operating hours. So either 7am or 1pm (not both).

Max of 3 times. You can only get one VQ during regular operating hours. So either 7am or 1pm (not both).
Thank you for clarifying. I'm sure I missed that somewhere! So max of 3.
1) 7 am or 1 pm
2) 6 pm
3) Paid ILL

thanks!!

I was reading some trip reports and the poster mentioned that the wait for TRON when checking in for the boarding group was 1 hour, on 2 different days.

Is this normal? I was expecting a more reasonable wait....20-20 minutes at most.

And, if you purchase a ILL, is the wait time shorter?

I was reading some trip reports and the poster mentioned that the wait for TRON when checking in for the boarding group was 1 hour, on 2 different days.

Is this normal? I was expecting a more reasonable wait....20-20 minutes at most.

1 hour for Tron is common. A VQ is not like an LL return time. If you prefer a shorter wait for the VQ attractions (Tron and GotG) then you may wish to consider purchasing an ILL$ for those attractions.

A VQ grants you the ability to join the standby line and unfortunately yes, that line is often 1 hour in length. These are new, popular attraractions which = long lines.

1 hour for Tron is common. A VQ is not like an LL return time. If you prefer a shorter wait for the VQ attractions (Tron and GotG) then you may wish to consider purchasing an ILL$ for those attractions.

A VQ grants you the ability to join the standby line and unfortunately yes, that line is often 1 hour in length. These are new, popular attraractions which = long lines.
Thanks for your response. I thought the VQ served both purposes -- secure a spot and keep wait times reasonable. But I am glad to hear that the paid one does keep the wait to a minimum.

Thanks for your response. I thought the VQ served both purposes -- secure a spot and keep wait times reasonable. But I am glad to hear that the paid one does keep the wait to a minimum.
Think of it this way. The VQ is the equivalent of the 4-5 hour standby lines seen for FoP when it first opened, but you wait virtually and can do other things during the first 3-4 hours. You only have to stand in a physical line for the last hour. The LL, not the VQ, is the equivalent of the FP.

In looking at MDE today, under the "virtual queue" menu, Hollywood Studios is now listed. When you click on it, nothing comes up.

Any ideas what this will be?

@hayesdvc They said Rise Of The Resistance will be on virtual queue again for the Christmas parties at DHS this year so maybe it’s something to do with that? It’ll still be standby and $ILL during normal day hours. VQ only at the Christmas parties.

We were boarding group 40 this past Wednesday. Our group was called around 11:25 and it took 70 minutes. We were group 57 for Guardians today and that took around 30-35 minutes (we were called around 12:30; the ride was down in the morning for a bit).

For Guardianns, once you group has been called you VQ will allow you to ride until park close. Your first reservation would have worked so not necessary if this happens again to try at 1PM.

This is not the same for Tron and those return times are strictly enforced.
sorry for the follow up question, but wanted to ask since we will be going to EP on arrival day....if we obtain a VQ return time for GOTG and our time is called before we make it to the park in time (for this specific VQ) they will honor and allow us in regardless of our "time" expiring?

I'm flying in late September. I'm hoping to get a BG at 7 before boarding my plane. I land at 940 so I don't think I'll be in the park before 11. I'd like to time it so my BG doesn't get called for a few hours.

Should I wait a few minutes to log in to the VQ or is it seconds?

sorry for the follow up question, but wanted to ask since we will be going to EP on arrival day....if we obtain a VQ return time for GOTG and our time is called before we make it to the park in time (for this specific VQ) they will honor and allow us in regardless of our "time" expiring?
For Guardians yes. That is in my answer and in Post 1.

I'm flying in late September. I'm hoping to get a BG at 7 before boarding my plane. I land at 940 so I don't think I'll be in the park before 11. I'd like to time it so my BG doesn't get called for a few hours.

Should I wait a few minutes to log in to the VQ or is it seconds?
No, do not wait at all as VQs fill within seconds. You will be able to ride Guardians from the time your VQ is called until park close.

I have the 4day/4 park no reservation ticket, I won't have any issued joining a BG at 7am on day of visit? I want to be sure as GotG and Remy is the sole reason we are going to WDW in August.
We just got back from using the 4 day/4 park reservation. No issue getting a genie plus lightning lane for Remy at 7am (we were at the swan), but they were gone pretty quickly - I tried to adjust the time and it was already at 7pm (original time was 10am and I was hoping for 11am - we made it work).

For GotG I tried for virtual queue right at 7am and it was full, so I did the paid option instead and our window was around noon.

Wednesday we had an early VQ for Tron and missed our boarding time because we had a CRT reservation. We went over to Tron about an hour late and he just said your good and let us on. As another poster from Wednesday said we had over an hour wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter