Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

We are flying in tomorrow morning. Will probably head to mk around 2 pm and stay 2 to 7.

I would like to virtual que tron but am afraid if I get in the early one we might get a time too early for us. If I get in the 1 pm que we could possibly get a later time and we definitely won't stay past 7 pm. We have dinner reservations back at whispering canyon.

I'm thinking I should join the 1 pm que and hope we get a time before 7 pm.

Does anyone have suggestions which que to join...the 7 am or 1 pm. Like I said. We won't get to the park until around 2 pm. Thanks
Post 2 of this thread explains the Tron VQ in more detail.

You can try for the 7AM VQ and normally if it is called and you don't use it, you can try again for the 1PM VQ.

The other thing to keep in mind is that to be eligible to book the 1PM VQ you will need to have tapped into the MK so availability will be dependent on when you tap in and if any 1PM VQ reservations are left. The later you get to the MK the later the VQ return time will be.

Unfortunately 5here's really no way to tell if your VQ will be called by 7PM until you actually obtain it and can estimate when you might be called based on current VQs being called. Something else to keep in mind is that with Tron it can be up to an hour-ish from the time your VQ is called until you ride the attraction (sometimes less) so that will need to play into your timing also since you have an ADR to get to.

We are flying in tomorrow morning. Will probably head to mk around 2 pm and stay 2 to 7.

I would like to virtual que tron but am afraid if I get in the early one we might get a time too early for us. If I get in the 1 pm que we could possibly get a later time and we definitely won't stay past 7 pm. We have dinner reservations back at whispering canyon.

Does anyone have suggestions which que to join...the 7 am or 1 pm. Like I said. We won't get to the park until around 2 pm. Thanks
FWIW, this was our experience a couple weeks ago (Jun 13-21.) We twice were able to secure BGs at the 1:00 drop. We were assigned BG 99 and 104. (We also did the 7am drop twice, BG 22 and 34.) The caveat to that being how quick your party is with the VQ process. We were called both times somewhere btw 5 and 5:30ish. Both times the line was pretty long when we scanned in for our BG. I believe it was about 45min to 1 hour from the time we scanned in until we were off the ride. Hope that helps a little.

I would try the 7am and hesitate a few seconds before hitting the join button. You may miss it entirely but you shouldn’t get an early number doing this at 7am.

Anytime I've gone to ride Tron with a low BG number and it's been before 10am they haven't done the pre-show room.
What about with ILL? If I book an ILL will I get to see the pre-show (and does the time of the ILL matter with respect to the pre-show)? I want to get the full experience.

Apologies in advance, because I'm certain this has been asked and answered ad nauseum, but I searched the forums and Google and can't find a concrete answer.

For Tron and Guardians, are the virtual queue line and the ILL$ line the same line? In other words, does the ILL$ not actually get you on the ride faster, it just allows you to buy a spot in line?

I believe this is the case, from what I've read, but then I've seen a couple of photos with signs for VQ and ILL that seem to indicate there might be separate lines.

Thanks in advance!

Different lines.

Especially later in the day, the wait for ILL can be significantly shorter than VQ. VQ often builds to 45-60 minutes for both rides, but ILL is usually less than 15.

We used rider swap several times for both rides last month. Even though everyone riding still needs a VQ, the returning guest (who stayed out the first time) and one other person go through the ILL line when they ride. This was a big benefit, especially for my adrenaline junkie granddaughter, who was the beneficiary of the extra ride each time!

Apologies in advance, because I'm certain this has been asked and answered ad nauseum, but I searched the forums and Google and can't find a concrete answer.

For Tron and Guardians, are the virtual queue line and the ILL$ line the same line? In other words, does the ILL$ not actually get you on the ride faster, it just allows you to buy a spot in line?

I believe this is the case, from what I've read, but then I've seen a couple of photos with signs for VQ and ILL that seem to indicate there might be separate lines.

Thanks in advance!
Read the first post of this sticky thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/v...for-tron-and-guardians-of-the-galaxy.3886917/. I guarantee it’s up to date!

And think of it this way - a VQ is the standby line, but for most of that standby you’re waiting virtually instead of physically. A LL (no matter whether Genie+LL or ILL$) bypasses the standby line, just like the old FP line did. The VQ and LL take different routes through the building (LL is shorter) and join up before the pre show.

Thank you everyone. My assumption was wrong, so I'm glad I asked! One of the results I found when I searched was an actual Disney blog post stating that virtual riders would use the lightning lane, but it was over a year old and before the ride actually opened. Appreciate always being able to come here for the most current and accurate info!

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, how successful have people been lately at getting a virtual queue spot for these two attractions? I'm visiting January 2024 for the first time since these have both been open and getting on these rides is a huge priority for my four park day trip. I've never had to use a virtual queue on previous visits for any other attractions and the idea of possibly getting denied a chance to ride one or both of these if I can't get a virtual queue spot kind of fills me with dread about the process since I don't have a huge window to work with and likely won't be back to the parks any other time soon unfortunately. Any thoughts on what the odds are that it all goes smoothly and I can get both in January? (unless virtual queue is removed for one or both by then!)

Out of curiosity, how successful have people been lately at getting a virtual queue spot for these two attractions? I'm visiting January 2024 for the first time since these have both been open and getting on these rides is a huge priority for my four park day trip. I've never had to use a virtual queue on previous visits for any other attractions and the idea of possibly getting denied a chance to ride one or both of these if I can't get a virtual queue spot kind of fills me with dread about the process since I don't have a huge window to work with and likely won't be back to the parks any other time soon unfortunately. Any thoughts on what the odds are that it all goes smoothly and I can get both in January? (unless virtual queue is removed for one or both by then!)
different times of year have different crowd volumes and early January will be different than late January. That being said, if you’re unsuccessful in the morning, you should still have a high chance of success in the afternoon. Here’s what Tron has looked like recently:
31AD3F2D-0B93-4BD2-ACC6-037D3DC92215.jpeg
And Guardians of the Galaxy:
36C7AC76-97C4-4B18-AE81-FE85CD6AFA7D.jpeg

These are stats available on Thrill data, so might be worth checking out a week or so before your trip.

Also, for top priority rides like these, I would recommend buying the Individual Lightning Lane as well as joining the Virtual Queue. Get 2 opportunities to ride instead of just one

Last edited:
I am sure I will be told that not everyone is as "lucky" as I am, but with dozens of attempts (I get the queues for friends even when I am home in Ohio!), I have never NOT gotten a VQ at 7:00.

I do have a new, fast phone, and have had a strong signal (either data or wifi) whenever I have tried. And obviously it helps being familiar with the process. I admit to being pretty technologically savvy for a 65-year-old grandma, but if you follow all the tips, you should be fine.

1. 6:50 am - go into MDE, click on Virtual Queue, pick the park, then confirm your party.
2. Watch another phone or watch with a world clock up, including seconds.
3. At 6:59:59, click on Refresh.

And even if you DON'T get it at 7:00, you will still be able to experience both rides. While the 7:00 drops do fill in a few seconds most days, the 1:00 drops are often available for hours. And there is always the paid ILL for either or both rides.

So get rid of the dread, and replace it with excitement about riding these fun attractions!

I was one for two in Tron, two for two for Guardians. That was only for the 7 am drop though, the drop at 1:00 lasts long enough that you shouldn’t have a problem with either if you end up missing the first.

BTW my guess is that Guardians shifts to standby by the time you visit. We’ll see what happens.

DH was the lucky one on our trip this past June. we were both trying, but he always got a boarding group, (except the one day he on purpose waited about 30 seconds, and didn't get the GotG one)

Monday, June5-got a BG for GotG at the 6PM drop, for the extended evening hours for Epcot.
Tues: June 6-Gotg BG 5
Wed: Tron: BG 226 at the 6:00 PM drop for the extended evening hours for MK
Thurs: can't find BG #, but did get BG for GotG for the 1PM drop, inside Epcot
Fri: Tron: BG 1
Sun: GotG: BG 1

Best of luck when you go!! there's always that second drop at 1:00, inside the park , if you don't get the BG at 7:00 AM.

I am sure I will be told that not everyone is as "lucky" as I am, but with dozens of attempts (I get the queues for friends even when I am home in Ohio!), I have never NOT gotten a VQ at 7:00.

I do have a new, fast phone, and have had a strong signal (either data or wifi) whenever I have tried. And obviously it helps being familiar with the process. I admit to being pretty technologically savvy for a 65-year-old grandma, but if you follow all the tips, you should be fine.

1. 6:50 am - go into MDE, click on Virtual Queue, pick the park, then confirm your party.
2. Watch another phone or watch with a world clock up, including seconds.
3. At 6:59:59, click on Refresh.

And even if you DON'T get it at 7:00, you will still be able to experience both rides. While the 7:00 drops do fill in a few seconds most days, the 1:00 drops are often available for hours. And there is always the paid ILL for either or both rides.

So get rid of the dread, and replace it with excitement about riding these fun attractions!
This was so reassuring!! Thank you!!

We were called back today at 9.15am for Tron but when we got there it was offline and still is.
They said to come back when it reopens.

Just wondering if they continue to call groups during the outage and we’d be faced with a crazy line so just cut our losses and leave it or if it would only be groups called until it stopped along with all the ILL that they have kept selling?

Thanks for any help.

We were called back today at 9.15am for Tron but when we got there it was offline and still is.
They said to come back when it reopens.

Just wondering if they continue to call groups during the outage and we’d be faced with a crazy line so just cut our losses and leave it or if it would only be groups called until it stopped along with all the ILL that they have kept selling?

Thanks for any help.
If the ride is down they stop calling groups.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter