Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I was quite impressed with how long the 1pm VQ stays open for, for both rides. Sat, July 1, the 1pm drop was open until at least 2:30pm for Tron and at least 7:30pm for Guardians! (Only an estimated 55 min wait too for GotG.) Good news for those hopping over to try to score a VQ.

IMG_4136.pngIMG_4154.png

I was quite impressed with how long the 1pm VQ stays open for, for both rides. Sat, July 1, the 1pm drop was open until at least 2:30pm for Tron and at least 7:30pm for Guardians! (Only an estimated 55 min wait too for GotG.) Good news for those hopping over to try to score a VQ.

View attachment 773655View attachment 773656
It can stay open like that...but when we were there week before last, Tron never stayed open more than 10 minutes at the 1pm drop. Clearly still varies a great deal week to week.

View attachment 773655View attachment 773656
Tron was open still at 5pm today. It was closed by 6pm. Guardians was still open as well.

We park hopped to Magic Kingdom on Friday, June 16th. I kind of forgot about the Tron VQ, as it was a spur of the moment decision to hop. When I finally remembered, it was 2:27 PM. I thought No Way, but was able to grab BG 184. We were called back to ride at 8:58 PM!

So our 18 day trip is winding down. We were booked at MK today (7/3) and have booked the Sweets and Seats party. DH wanted to head into the park later (like 5:00) but the teens wanted a last shot at Tron. So we headed out of the hotel around 11:30 to make sure we had plenty of time to be in the park at 1:00.

We entered Jungle Cruise with a LL around 12:50. I told my kids that if one of them wanted to stay behind and try and book Tron at the 1:00 drop, they could. But they both hopped the boat.

At first DH thought it might help us to be on the boat while trying to book Tron at 1:00 because our cellular speed was flying away since we were away from the crowds.

We were keeping our eye on the time but enjoying Jungle cruise. Around 12:58 we started to get ready then realized - no joke - we were going to be in “the caves” at 1:00! It was exacerbated by the fact that a little boy on the boat was standing up and the skipper stopped the boat until the parents finally understood and got him to sit down.

We were silently freaking out in the cave but fortunately DS managed to score VQ #113 while we were still in the cave but nearing the exit.

As we breathed a sigh of relief we noticed that we were not the only family in the boat with the same issue. 😆

Morale of the story… don’t assume you can book a vq while in a ride… even a slow ride!

I’m sure this has been asked but didn’t come across it! I get that you have to have a park reservation for MK for Tron and Epcot for Guardian, but if I have a park hopper, I’m guessing I still have to have a park reservation for said park for said ride! I never go to MK first, it’s always an evening park for me, but for me to try to get a VQ for Tron, I have to have reservation in the park for that day regardless, even though I can hop to it at 2? Am I understanding this correctly? What about if I buy a LL for Tron, I can do that at 7 am even if I’m going to another park first correct?

I’m sure this has been asked but didn’t come across it! I get that you have to have a park reservation for MK for Tron and Epcot for Guardian, but if I have a park hopper, I’m guessing I still have to have a park reservation for said park for said ride! I never go to MK first, it’s always an evening park for me, but for me to try to get a VQ for Tron, I have to have reservation in the park for that day regardless, even though I can hop to it at 2? Am I understanding this correctly? What about if I buy a LL for Tron, I can do that at 7 am even if I’m going to another park first correct?
You don’t need a MK reservation if groups are still available when you hop

Post 2 focuses on Tron.

To be eligible for the 7AM VQ drop, you’re correct that you need a park reservation for that park or a 4Day/4 park ticket.

If a VQ attraction is still available when you hop you may try for it then. Thrill-data.com tracks a lot of stats for each attraction.

You may purchase an ILL$ without a park reservation, just ensure you select a time when you’ll be in the park.

Question: Has someone tried the below scenario:

Park Hopper:

Starting the day in Animal Kingdom BUT first thing that morning grab a Virtual Cue for Guardians as I know you can be later for that one. Would you still be able to get into Animal Kingdom that morning and use lighting lanes in Animal Kingdom before going to EPCOT that afternoon once you can park hop??

Park Hopper:

Starting the day in Animal Kingdom BUT first thing that morning grab a Virtual Cue for Guardians as I know you can be later for that one. Would you still be able to get into Animal Kingdom that morning and use lighting lanes in Animal Kingdom before going to EPCOT that afternoon once you can park hop??
No. That won’t work.

Dang it! okay, that is out for us.
You can only purchase ILL for parks you don’t start out in and the return time has to be after park hopping time. For VQ, you can join the 1 pm drop but you have to be in Epcot, so the earliest you could join for that one is 2 pm. Depending on how busy it is they might run out of spots but these days that hasn’t been a problem.

Park Hopper:

To be eligible for the 7AM VQ you must have a park reservation for the park that the VQ attraction is in.

Park Hopper:

Technically you can do this if your park reservation is for Epcot when you enter the VQ for GotG, then switch your reservation to AK after you've got your GotG BG. Then you enter AK in the morning and hop to Epcot in the afternoon and ride GotG anytime after your BG is called. The system won't remove your BG or anything if you no longer have an Epcot park reservation, so this usually works fine. The only risk to this plan is if the park you're switching to (i.e. your morning park) doesn't have any APRs left after you get your BG. This is a pretty rare situation (and particularly unlikely with AK), but worth looking at your dates and the park you want to go before using this strategy.

Technically you can do this if your park reservation is for Epcot when you enter the VQ for GotG, then switch your reservation to AK after you've got your GotG BG. Then you enter AK in the morning and hop to Epcot in the afternoon and ride GotG anytime after your BG is called. The system won't remove your BG or anything if you no longer have an Epcot park reservation, so this usually works fine. The only risk to this plan is if the park you're switching to (i.e. your morning park) doesn't have any APRs left after you get your BG. This is a pretty rare situation (and particularly unlikely with AK), but worth looking at your dates and the park you want to go before using this strategy.
We are going the first weekend in October and I am afraid with the Halloween party this may be a busier time. We will see if the 2pm slot is just meant for us.

We are flying in tomorrow morning. Will probably head to mk around 2 pm and stay 2 to 7.

I would like to virtual que tron but am afraid if I get in the early one we might get a time too early for us. If I get in the 1 pm que we could possibly get a later time and we definitely won't stay past 7 pm. We have dinner reservations back at whispering canyon.

I'm thinking I should join the 1 pm que and hope we get a time before 7 pm.

Does anyone have suggestions which que to join...the 7 am or 1 pm. Like I said. We won't get to the park until around 2 pm. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter