Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I had the joy of two rides on Thursday. The first one was in boarding group 2 and tap to board was maybe 8 minutes. We got called at 8:45am (during morning EMH) and tapped around 9:20am. Crazy fast. The second one was via LL (a child swap ride) around 11am and tap to board was maybe 25 minutes. The VQ line was backed up well beyond the tap point by then.

Honestly, 8 minutes was too fast. We didn't even get to do the digitization reveal. 15-25 is probably the sweet spot so you can experience the buildup with the launch reveals and the music/visuals in the loading room.
First off… boarding group 2… well done! Thanks for the info. I’m hoping for an early boarding group but I never have the best luck at things like this.

Interesting that 8 minutes away too fast. I know my husband will want to takes pictures of literally everything in the queue so I imagine 8 minutes would be a bit short for him as well.

First off… boarding group 2… well done! Thanks for the info. I’m hoping for an early boarding group but I never have the best luck at things like this.

Interesting that 8 minutes away too fast. I know my husband will want to takes pictures of literally everything in the queue so I imagine 8 minutes would be a bit short for him as well.
I guess you could always let people pass you by while he takes pictures. We've done that in other ride queues anyway!

It's a similar experience to Flight of Passage for me. We've had rider swap LLs for FOP where you walk straight to the boarding room. That's...kind of a bummer. The queue is incredible and immersive, and it does a tremendous job of setting the scene while transporting you out of Florida and to Pandora.

Now, the Tron queue isn't nearly as interesting as FOP, but I adore Daft Punk and Tron: Legacy, so I could bring my laptop and spend all day in that loading room. Some time is necessary to leave Florida and enter the grid.

It's a similar experience to Flight of Passage for me. We've had rider swap LLs for FOP where you walk straight to the boarding room. That's...kind of a bummer. The queue is incredible and immersive, and it does a tremendous job of setting the scene while transporting you out of Florida and to Pandora.

Now, the Tron queue isn't nearly as interesting as FOP, but I adore Daft Punk and Tron: Legacy, so I could bring my laptop and spend all day in that loading room. Some time is necessary to leave Florida and enter the grid.
Huge Daft Punk fans here and my husband’s obsession with Tron goes all the way back to the 80s. So, I get it for sure.

We had a similar experience to your Flight of Passage story. Ours was our first time riding Rise of the Resistance. We rope dropped it in Disneyland. It had been down that morning apparently and opened back up right as we were walking up. We walked right on straight to the first room. It wasn’t until our second ride via ILL that we slowed down to take in our surroundings.

So.. we joined the guardians VQ at 1pm and got group 124. At 6pm our group had not been called yet. Because it hadn't been called yet the app didn't let me join the 6pm as a delux member. This was kinda a bummer and it's a perk of deluxe right? It shouldn't matter if you're had an earlier group.. oh well!

Im in the VQ line now and have already been it over 20 mins and not very far. Already rode once with ILL so it's okay.. I just still kinda feel that was a perk of delux. Ya know?

So.. we joined the guardians VQ at 1pm and got group 124. At 6pm our group had not been called yet. Because it hadn't been called yet the app didn't let me join the 6pm as a delux member. This was kinda a bummer and it's a perk of deluxe right? It shouldn't matter if you're had an earlier group.. oh well!

Im in the VQ line now and have already been it over 20 mins and not very far. Already rode once with ILL so it's okay.. I just still kinda feel that was a perk of delux. Ya know?
That’s disappointing. This is the first I’ve heard that happened.

That is very disappointing to hear as I agree with the perk being you have opportunity to get 2 in one day. Thank you for sharing your experience.

I'm reporting that it took 90 minutes to get through the VQ tonight. I'm wondering if they didn't release many 6pm because they were struggling to get through them today. No sure. Spending that long in the VQ surprised me. Great ride tho!

I'm reporting that it took 90 minutes to get through the VQ tonight. I'm wondering if they didn't release many 6pm because they were struggling to get through them today. No sure. Spending that long in the VQ surprised me. Great ride tho!
Were the trains dispatching at normal intervals? I’m pretty sure there was downtime this morning based on the slowed down callbacks.

Were the trains dispatching at normal intervals? I’m pretty sure there was downtime this morning based on the slowed down callbacks.
Once I got to the trains both sides were going strong.. we did have times where the line did not move at all..

Just wanted to report our queue time experience from Monday 6/26 with GotG.

We got BG 23 at 7 am. It estimated a call time of 10:50 but actually got called around 9:00 am. We didn’t arrive until 10:30. DD has a DAS so they switched us to the lightning lane. We waited about 30 min in the $ILL.

We grabbed another BG (184) at 6:00 for EEH. Call back estimates were pretty close… around 9:30 pm. Again we got switched to the LL. It seemed like it should have been faster because the line was shorter, but something (??) broke down or slowed us up. We waited for quite a while, and finally got to the first pre show area. We stood there a while then they took us out through an exit door and led us directly to the ride, skipping the pre show. Total wait time was about 22 minutes.

We got September both times.

Last edited:
How quickly do ILL fill up for each attraction? Are they released similarly to the BG times of 7, 1 and 6.. or is it completely separate?

Just had our first experience with the Tron virtual queue, and it was no joke! My wife and I were both trying right at 6:00 and all of the spots were filled within 2 seconds!

*We struck out, but we'll channel our inner Scarlett O'Hara and give it another shot tomorrow.
This happened to us too - my DD19 refreshed the page at 6:59 & a half to get it right at 7:00am and in that short amount of time they were gone gone gone. I said forget it and just bought the ILL and I’m glad I did. When we went for our time we walked right in and the VQ was crazy long. I don’t have patience to wait in that so I’m glad we bought instead of waiting for 1:00pm VQ.

I hope you ended up getting to ride Tron.

How quickly do ILL fill up for each attraction? Are they released similarly to the BG times of 7, 1 and 6.. or is it completely separate?
When we were at the MK on 6/7/23 they sold out relatively quick. Just make sure you’re on the app at 7:00am and you’ll be fine

Also….start watching ride times on the app a week before you go to give you a good idea on what’s going on. We always do this to start planning our park day ahead of time.

I was told by a ride CM that you couldn’t book a second VQ without riding your first one for GOTG last year (when it was in high demand) but we had an early BG so VQ during regular hours didn’t conflict with EETPH (extended evening theme park hours) VQ.

The same CM told me that the EETPH VQs are issued for ETPH only which others on this thread have reported was incorrect and they were called an hour before regular park close (around 8 pm for the 6 pm VQ). It took us 45 mins at 10:15 pm when we were called. I suppose you could enter the park early since you need park reservations or a hopper but we didn’t know that and entered Epcot leisurely around 9:30 pm thinking we couldn’t be called earlier.

We barely used the EETPH on our previous trip so we switched from deluxe to value AOA suites (similar price). Hopefully MNSSHP VQ experiences are better since the park closes early.

;Sharing our Tron experience on 6.28.23

I made sure I had confirmed our party prior to 7am. At 6:58 I started clicking refresh and husband held his phone up and i watched the clock tick. We got boarding group 100. we were estimated to be called back around 630pm. I also bought ILL for 9am because the weather was iffy after 11am according to the weather app. We rode with our 9am ILL and didnt wait hardly at all. We went about our day at MK. We left the park around noon and the estimated call back was now 5:30. A storm did roll through that halted things, but around 3pm I noticed they were starting to run through groups faster and were on like group 90. We started to make our way back to the park. We were called back around 4. I would guess we waited around 30 minutes to ride.

We were eligible for the extended evening hours VQ as we stayed at shades of green. Around 545 I confirmed our party again and at 5:58 I once again followed hubby's phone and used refresh. I don't remember what group we got but our estimated call back was 10:30pm.

Here is where I got a little worried and things got a little tricky. All day the app had told me what group they were one but once I was in the 6pm VQ I couldn't find anywhere in the app to tell me what group they we were on. So I couldn't keep track anywhere. We had staked out a spot for HEA and then a storm rolled in and poring rain and the show was delayed 45 minutes. We were getting pounded with rain and I couldn't even look at my phone. But the show happened!! It was great but right after I looked at my phone and at some point our group had been called and we had until 10:32 to arrive. It was 10:30...so we "walked with a purpose because we don't run at Disney" to Tron. The VQ line was backed up so by the time we scanned in it was 10:45, I was worried we would get blue on the scan but it was green! Is there a grace period? I also wonder if due to the weather/show delay they were letting folks through. We weren't the only ones making our way there after the show. Even though it was backed up when we arrived, we only waited about 20 minutes. I wonder if it went faster because we were now after park close so there were very few folks using the LL entrance.

Anyway- That is ILL/VQ story and our three rides on Tron! What was really cool is my husband likes Disney and enjoys it, but not at the same level and me. however his absolute glee around Tron was so fun to see. After we got soaked waiting for HEA I was about ready to tap out and not go to our last VQ but his giddiness motivated me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter