Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I road tron during evening emh back in mid April and I want to say it maybe took 15 min or so from tap in to boarding. We had no real wait besides waiting to get into the preshow room and then the usual line on the loading platform.
wow! 15 mins.

I’m curious to hear what people’s VQ wait times have been for Tron in the morning. I’m following a Facebook group about WDW and the topic this morning was VQ wait times. Most were saying the Tron wait was an hour for them.

I’m curious to hear what people’s VQ wait times have been for Tron in the morning. I’m following a Facebook group about WDW and the topic this morning was VQ wait times. Most were saying the Tron wait was an hour for them.
My daughters waited about 45 minutes, a week and a half ago, called around noon.

45-60 mins seems to be quite common once the ride is up and running for a bit.

Just looked on the app and it says Individual Lightning Lane not currently offered for Tron. Does that mean they have sold out for the day? Do they typically sell out before 11am?

Is it a good plan to try for a Tron VQ while on our drive down to Fla? We will probably make it into the MK around 3:00. What happens if our BG is called before we get there? Suggestions appreciated. :)

Is it a good plan to try for a Tron VQ while on our drive down to Fla? We will probably make it into the MK around 3:00. What happens if our BG is called before we get there? Suggestions appreciated. :)
Please see post 2 as it covers Tron VQ in great detail.

If you book a VQ and it is called, you must return within your 1 hour window. Most days the 7AM drops are all called by 3PM. There is a possibility you could get a VQ once you get into the MK but only if there are some left from the 1PM drop.

If you really want to ride your arrival day it’s best to purchase a ILL$.

For Tron, when your VQ is called, you have an hour to get there. And they don’t usually allow late arrivals and turn them away.

The thing with driving, I-4 is so unpredictable and with construction, accidents, or weather. It has a lot of bottlenecks. Then there is the added time of parking at the TTC, then taking the ferry or monorail to MK.

Best bet if you really want to ride Tron on arrival day is paying for an ILL$ for a time you know for sure you’ll be able to make.

I had the joy of two rides on Thursday. The first one was in boarding group 2 and tap to board was maybe 8 minutes. We got called at 8:45am (during morning EMH) and tapped around 9:20am. Crazy fast. The second one was via LL (a child swap ride) around 11am and tap to board was maybe 25 minutes. The VQ line was backed up well beyond the tap point by then.

Honestly, 8 minutes was too fast. We didn't even get to do the digitization reveal. 15-25 is probably the sweet spot so you can experience the buildup with the launch reveals and the music/visuals in the loading room.

We are at Disney and this morning was our FIRST attempt to get a VQ. (GotG in Epcot.) We watched YouTube videos and read some blogs to be ready.

All four of us were sitting on our phones at 6:50. We had time.gov on a screen on an iPad where we could see it.

We all made sure we could navigate to the vq screen on MDE. DH did speed tests on WiFi vs no WiFi and there was no discernible difference so we stayed on WiFi.

My family just started hitting “refresh” as the time got closer to 7 am.

I followed the extra steps of force closing every app/etc on my phone. About 1 min before 7 am I opened only the Disney app and navigated to the VQ system.

Instead of just hitting “refresh” over and over I kept my eye on the time.gov countdown. Just a millisecond before 6:59:59 I hit refresh and confirmed and got BG 23.

The rest of my family all thought they got in but got an error, so I was just a millisecond faster than they were.

Do you all think the callback time of 10:51 is relatively accurate?

We have been hitting the parks HARD. Universal on 6/20-6/22, up early to board a tour bus on 6/23 to Kennedy Space Station, then at Disney 6/24 and 6/25. We are WIPED.

We are doing EPCOT EEH tonight. The plan was to relax and sleep in, then head to the parks tonight. But now I’m all jived off adrenaline trying to get a BG. 🤪

With BG 23 we are going to head to the park this morning (I estimate we might get called as early as 10 am (???) so we’ll leave the hotel at 9 am.) We’ll grab breakfast while we’re there, then head back to the hotel for pool and rest time until our 7 pm reservation at Le Cellier.

Last edited:
We are at Disney and this morning was our FIRST attempt to get a VQ. We watched YouTube videos and read some blogs to be ready.

All four of us were sitting on our phones at 6:50. We had time.gov on a screen on an iPad where we could see it.

We all made sure we could navigate to the vq screen on MDE. DH did speed tests on WiFi vs no WiFi and there was no discernible difference so we stayed on WiFi.

I followed the extra steps of force closing every app/etc on my phone. About 1 min before 7 am I opened only the Disney app and navigated to the VQ system.

Instead of just hitting “refresh” over and over I kept my eye on the time.gov countdown. Just a millisecond before 6:59:59 I hit refresh and confirmed and got BG 23.

The rest of my family all thought they got in but got an error, so I was just a millisecond faster than they were.

We have been hitting the parks HARD. Universal on 6/20-6/22, up early to board a tour bus on 6/23 to Kennedy Space Station, then at Disney 6/24 and 6/25. We are WIPED.

We are doing EPCOT EEH tonight. The plan was to relax and sleep in, then head to the parks tonight. But now I’m all jived off adrenaline trying to get a BG. 🤪

With BG 23 we are going to head to the park this morning (I estimate we might get called as early as 10 am (???) so we’ll leave the hotel at 9 am.) We’ll grab breakfast while we’re there, then head back to the hotel for pool and rest time until our 7 pm reservation at Le Cellier.
Which ride is your bg for? If it’s tron you should get moving pretty soon as you will be called back before 10am. If it’s guardians, take your time. For guardians you will be called back by 9:30am but you have all day to ride. The callback times are not anywhere near accurate until the park opens and they start calling back groups.

I had the joy of two rides on Thursday. The first one was in boarding group 2 and tap to board was maybe 8 minutes. We got called at 8:45am (during morning EMH) and tapped around 9:20am. Crazy fast. The second one was via LL (a child swap ride) around 11am and tap to board was maybe 25 minutes. The VQ line was backed up well beyond the tap point by then.

Honestly, 8 minutes was too fast. We didn't even get to do the digitization reveal. 15-25 is probably the sweet spot so you can experience the buildup with the launch reveals and the music/visuals in the loading room.
Anytime I've gone to ride Tron with a low BG number and it's been before 10am they haven't done the pre-show room.

Which ride is your bg for? If it’s tron you should get moving pretty soon as you will be called back before 10am. If it’s guardians, take your time. For guardians you will be called back by 9:30am but you have all day to ride. The callback times are not anywhere near accurate until the park opens and they start calling back groups.
It’s Guardians. I know they’re more flexible with return times, but we aren’t planning to be in the park until dinner so that might be pushing it with BG 23. 😆

We are at the Swan Reserve so somewhat close to Epcot. We will go in and have breakfast, ride guardians, then head back to the hotel.

It’s Guardians. I know they’re more flexible with return times, but we aren’t planning to be in the park until dinner so that might be pushing it with BG 23. 😆

We are at the Swan Reserve so somewhat close to Epcot. We will go in and have breakfast, ride guardians, then head back to the hotel.
I’ve never been turned away at guardians even being 10+ hours late.

Just for others on the thread, when guardians starts callbacks at or just before 9am they usually call the first 20-25 groups within a 10 min or less time frame.

We are at Disney and this morning was our FIRST attempt to get a VQ. (GotG in Epcot.) We watched YouTube videos and read some blogs to be ready.

Unless you want to, there is no need to go to Epcot just to ride GotG this morning. A Guardians VQ will allow you to ride anytime from when your VQ is called until park close.

Tron does not work that way and you must return within the window.

For both Tron and Guardians our queue number was in the 50’s or 60’s, boarding was in the noon range for both.

For Tron VQ we waited about an hour (ILL for Tron we walked right in). Guardians VQ was about 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter