Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

I think it stayed open during the storms when I was there back in April. It’s possible that it was downtime for a mechanical reason.
I was also there in April! Wasn’t at MK during any storm, I had been at another park during one and was looking at wait times and I thought I had seen Tron on the “currently unavailable” list. Could have been a coincidence though.

I could be mistaken on this one but I think it might close during storms, IIRC it was on the list of closed attractions when I was there during one. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong though, seems a a bit strange that they would have to close it since it has cover.
Tron can run during storms because of the canopy.

What was the earliest Bg call and window?

I remember when ROTR was a VQ we got BG 6 or 8 and were called 30 mins before park opening and had only 30 mins after park opening to ride. I was always under the impression that the first group had a 1 hour window from park opening and so we planned on being there just before 10 am. We barely made it in the grace period with sprinting (with a double stroller).

Does Tron have a 5 min before and 15 min after grace period?

I understand GOTG VQ return times are not enforced (can ride anytime after being called) but Tron return times are.
Hey we had BG 1 on 2 occasions for Tron and guardians. Called at 8:40 for each. App said we had until 9:40 each day. Regular park hours were 9 AN Opening for both parks, so they were called during early entry hours. Barely made the Tron one. Actually drove since the bus from AK was taking so long, and we were worried.

I hear that Tron is a whole different experience at night and not to be missed. We will have the deluxe resort extra hours one night. Is there a VQ for extra hour nights?

I was thinking I would try for a VQ in the morning and purchase an ILL for a night ride. If I get a VQ in the morning am I eligible to get another VQ at night if it is offered during extra hours for deluxe guests?

Also my order of operation at 7am will be VQ Tron, buy ILL for SDMT, buy ILL for nighttime. Does that sound right? Can I book another LL at 7am since I will not have a regular LL yet only paid ILL’s and a VQ?

It looks like $LL for Tron, Pandora and GoTC have been regularly available for purchase after 9am still for offsite guests, any reason to think this won't be the case in mid-July?

I hear that Tron is a whole different experience at night and not to be missed. We will have the deluxe resort extra hours one night. Is there a VQ for extra hour nights?

I was thinking I would try for a VQ in the morning and purchase an ILL for a night ride. If I get a VQ in the morning am I eligible to get another VQ at night if it is offered during extra hours for deluxe guests?

Also my order of operation at 7am will be VQ Tron, buy ILL for SDMT, buy ILL for nighttime. Does that sound right? Can I book another LL at 7am since I will not have a regular LL yet only paid ILL’s and a VQ?
Yes. In April, I was able to do Tron 3 times in 1 day:
1. I caught the morning VQ.
2. I bought the $ILL
3. On an evening with EEH for guests staying at a deluxe resort, I was able to get the 6pm VQ (I think 6pm is the correct time, but double check!)

That sounds like a good plan to get VQ & $ILLs. And I think that the answer is yes, if you have G+, you can book your first regular LL at 7am because the others are VQ & $ILLs.

Yes. In April, I was able to do Tron 3 times in 1 day:
1. I caught the morning VQ.
2. I bought the $ILL
3. On an evening with EEH for guests staying at a deluxe resort, I was able to get the 6pm VQ (I think 6pm is the correct time, but double check!)

That sounds like a good plan to get VQ & $ILLs. And I think that the answer is yes, if you have G+, you can book your first regular LL at 7am because the others are VQ & $ILLs.
Thank you so much for this answer to my question! Tron 3 times in one day will make my husband so happy!!

Do you remember roughly your Tron ride times that day?

And I think that the answer is yes, if you have G+, you can book your first regular LL at 7am because the others are VQ & $ILLs.
I can confirm this is correct. Last week on our MK morning, at 7am I got a Tron VQ, a G+ for Jungle Cruise, an ILL for Tron, and an ILL for Mine Train.

Just had our first experience with the Tron virtual queue, and it was no joke! My wife and I were both trying right at 6:00 and all of the spots were filled within 2 seconds!

*We struck out, but we'll channel our inner Scarlett O'Hara and give it another shot tomorrow.

Reactions: slo
I can confirm this is correct. Last week on our MK morning, at 7am I got a Tron VQ, a G+ for Jungle Cruise, an ILL for Tron, and an ILL for Mine Train.
Forgot to ask… what order did you use for these at 7am after securing the VQ? Just wondering is the ILLs sell out fast.

Thank you so much for this answer to my question! Tron 3 times in one day will make my husband so happy!!

Do you remember roughly your Tron ride times that day?
1. I think that I was lucky enough for a low boarding group number for the morning VQ for Tron. Our group was called around the end of ETPE.

2. I picked a $ILL time in the evening after sunset, though that was sunset in April. Maybe 8pm? I don't know what current sunset time is now that summer is beginning.

3. For EEH, they actually called our boarding group slightly before EEH officially began. I think EEH was 11pm-1am, so just before 11pm.

I've never bought 7DMT $ILL, but you should be fine buying Tron $ILL after VQ, LL, and 7DMT $ILL. Just be sure to pick your time if you want a night time ride on Tron for your $ILL.

Forgot to ask… what order did you use for these at 7am after securing the VQ? Just wondering is the ILLs sell out fast.
Definitely get the VQ first. Then I did the G+ LL reservation, since that is open to everyone with G+ at 7am. The $ILLs are only available to resort guests at 7am, so they don't go as quickly.

Definitely get the VQ first. Then I did the G+ LL reservation, since that is open to everyone with G+ at 7am. The $ILLs are only available to resort guests at 7am, so they don't go as quickly.
Thank you! I forgot ILLs were only open to resort guests at 7am. So much info to digest all at once.

Hey we had BG 1 on 2 occasions for Tron and guardians. Called at 8:40 for each. App said we had until 9:40 each day. Regular park hours were 9 AN Opening for both parks, so they were called during early entry hours. Barely made the Tron one. Actually drove since the bus from AK was taking so long, and we were worried.
That’s good to know as it’s tough getting 3 kids up and ready and it usually it takes 30-40 mins to board a bus and get to Mk in the morning (from AOA).

Last edited:
FYI: GOTG took us 45 mins during extended theme park hours when we were called 10:20 pm (park closed at 9 pm). It’s probably best to line up after Remy/Frozen. We thought we would be able to get through the line in 20-30 mins and ride one more ride before the EETPH ended at 11 pm.

Can anyone post how long it took to get through the Tron queue during after hours events.

Just wondering if it’s going to take a huge chunk out of MNSSHP and plan accordingly.

Can anyone post how long it took to get through the Tron queue during after hours events.

Just wondering if it’s going to take a huge chunk out of MNSSHP and plan accordingly.
I road tron during evening emh back in mid April and I want to say it maybe took 15 min or so from tap in to boarding. We had no real wait besides waiting to get into the preshow room and then the usual line on the loading platform.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter