Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Maybe he was speaking figuratively that you have 1 hour to ride (that’s already a grace period) from the start of the VQ time.
They were very clear. This was from the CM at the start of the line and the one where you tap in. They said you have one hour after your window is up. I asked to verify because when we went to tap in we were at one hour and 4 minutes. This was on June 5th at about 11:30 in the morning, if that matters at all. There was also a long line to tap in.

I can see the window being needed. Both times there was a wait from when we got in line to when we tapped in. If they cut if off hard at the return time they're going to have many people who get in line then wait 20-40 minutes to tap in and are too late.

They were very clear. This was from the CM at the start of the line and the one where you tap in. They said you have one hour after your window is up. I asked to verify because when we went to tap in we were at one hour and 4 minutes. This was on June 5th at about 11:30 in the morning, if that matters at all. There was also a long line to tap in.

I can see the window being needed. Both times there was a wait from when we got in line to when we tapped in. If they cut if off hard at the return time they're going to have many people who get in line then wait 20-40 minutes to tap in and are too late.
The wait prior to tapping in is good to know. 40 mins is a lot, but GOTG had 45 mins when it was down (it’s usually 30)

Do you go directly to a CM with an iPad and get a RS and then joint the standby line? Every ride has a different rule.

We usually don’t stand in long standby lines anymore and just LL or do rides without height requirements.

Read the first page and a few pages at the end of this thread and didn't see anything specific on rider switch. Our DD will be under the height requirement for both rides. I assume when trying to join the VQ we'd book for both my husband and I. What happens when they call our boarding group? Do we both go up and request the rider switch at that time? Not necessarily a big deal with Guardians I guess since they honor any time return but what about Tron since they are strict on the return time?

The wait prior to tapping in is good to know. 40 mins is a lot, but GOTG had 45 mins when it was down (it’s usually 30)

Do you go directly to a CM with an iPad and get a RS and then joint the standby line? Every ride has a different rule.

We usually don’t stand in long standby lines anymore and just LL or do rides without height requirements.
I think the way it works is you go to the CMs at the VQ entrance and tell them that you want to do rider swap, first person/group goes in the VQ line, you swap, then remaining goes in ILL line.

Read the first page and a few pages at the end of this thread and didn't see anything specific on rider switch. Our DD will be under the height requirement for both rides. I assume when trying to join the VQ we'd book for both my husband and I. What happens when they call our boarding group? Do we both go up and request the rider switch at that time? Not necessarily a big deal with Guardians I guess since they honor any time return but what about Tron since they are strict on the return time?
This video is good (she shows RS at Tron, it took first group 40 mins to go through), but sometimes they do switch up rules for standby.

SDMT and FOP made everyone stand in line together until you came to the gates or ride sign and then pulled you aside to issue RS). I don’t see them doing that here anytime soon (gets crowded and confusing) just something to be aware of.

Last edited:
This video is good (she shows RS at Tron, it took first group 40 mins to go through), but sometimes they do switch up rules for standby.

SDMT and FOP made everyone stand in line together until you came to the gates or ride sign and then pulled you aside to issue RS). I don’t see them doing that here anytime soon (gets crowded and confusing) just something to be aware of.

That was perfect, thanks so much! Good to know the time window gets reset once the rider switch is activated.

I noticed the Rider Swap way down by the Space/Tron gift store last night. Today it was further up the walkway, because it was raining/they were under the canopy.
Just an FYI to start looking for it as soon as you’re in the area- it’s not all the way at the VQ entrance.

My wife will be attending a convention at Disney. She has an AP. She just purchased an after 1 pass for our son so they can go to MK after her morning meetings. Will she be able to try for a virtual pass for TRON at 7 for both of them? Also, will she be able to purchase a LL for them at 7?

Strategy for guardians VQ during dinner reservations?
We had a conflict yesterday for Tron. We were told by Guest relations and the cast members at Tron to go to our ADR and then we’d have an hour after our receipt time. They said to save our receipt. I’m so glad we didn’t try to squeeze it in before because the wait was over an hour once we did get in line. When we got to the taps I told the cast member what our situation was and she didn’t even need to see our receipt. I wouldn’t bank on that part though.

I’m very confused by the thrill data on wait times once you enter the VQ line for Cosmic Rewind. Is it really almost 3 hours at 8pm or am I reading that graph all wrong.

I’m very confused by the thrill data on wait times once you enter the VQ line for Cosmic Rewind. Is it really almost 3 hours at 8pm or am I reading that graph all wrong.
Can you please provide a link to the graph you’re looking at? I’d be happy to take a look.

Can you please provide a link to the graph you’re looking at? I’d be happy to take a look.
I wouldn’t believe the graph except we did wait a really long time for Tron yesterday after we entered the VQ but not that long! About an hour.

I’m bummed because we paid for an $ILL today and got a VQ spot at 3:00 when we came in. But it didn’t call until 8:00 and we were too tired to stand for even 40 minutes let alone more. We loved it so much we’re coming back tomorrow just for that with another $ILL.

It’s a mislabeled y-axis, should be Boarding Group #, x-axis represents the time that BG was called. Based on the graph it sounds like 200 BGs are called.

Wait time isn’t that bad. Not ILL wait time, but not significantly longer than an hour either (was 45 min for me).
I’ll echo that the graph is mislabeled. It’s showing the average number of bgs per day and what time they are generally called at.

The longest I’ve ever waited at guardians is about 55 min and that was after there had been some downtime. On average I’ve typically waited about 30 min or less. Guardians is frequently a walk on or close to a walk on first thing in the morning and again in the mid evening when the groups are being called back.

I noticed the Rider Swap way down by the Space/Tron gift store last night. Today it was further up the walkway, because it was raining/they were under the canopy.
Just an FYI to start looking for it as soon as you’re in the area- it’s not all the way at the VQ entrance.
Thanks for your update.
I was wondering about the weather and rain delays for this new attraction.
I assume they close for lightning because a portion of the ride is outdoors
Does anybody have more info to share?
Thanks

Thanks for your update.
I was wondering about the weather and rain delays for this new attraction.
I assume they close for lightning because a portion of the ride is outdoors
Does anybody have more info to share?
Thanks
I’d recommend you visit Thrill-Data stats for Tron as it tracks a wealth of information including things like closure times. It doesn’t specify why it closes but does track closure data.

Thrill-Data.com a great website for anyone seeking stats for individual attractions or parks.

I’d recommend you visit Thrill-Data stats for Tron as it tracks a wealth of information including things like closure times. It doesn’t specify why it closes but does track closure data.

Thrill-Data.com a great website for anyone seeking stats for individual attractions or parks.
I could be mistaken on this one but I think it might close during storms, IIRC it was on the list of closed attractions when I was there during one. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong though, seems a a bit strange that they would have to close it since it has cover.

I could be mistaken on this one but I think it might close during storms, IIRC it was on the list of closed attractions when I was there during one. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong though, seems a a bit strange that they would have to close it since it has cover.
I think it stayed open during the storms when I was there back in April. It’s possible that it was downtime for a mechanical reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter