Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Do you need to be in Epcot in order to have a chance at getting a boarding group at 1:00?

We never visit a park on arrival day, but we are flying in on a Monday, which is also a deluxe extended evening hours night, so we are going to Epcot to take advantage of those. Our flight only lands at noon, so there is no way we’ll make it to Epcot by 1:00, but we’d like to get a boarding group at the 1:00 drop if possible.

Grab the 6 PM drop which is just for extended hours! They don't start calling the 6 PM BG until 9 PM and you don't have to have tapped into Epcot yet for this OR have a park reservation for Epcot, just eligible tickets/resort stay.

Grab the 6 PM drop which is just for extended hours! They don't start calling the 6 PM BG until 9 PM and you don't have to have tapped into Epcot yet for this OR have a park reservation for Epcot, just eligible tickets/resort stay.
We are definitely going to try for one at 6:00pm, we were just hoping to get to ride it twice.

People have reported that the 6 pm BG does does get called before park closing (someone reported 8 pm as I recall).

The CMs were telling people that the 6 pm was only for extended hours but that is not true.

Passholders are soon (starting April 18, except Mk on Sat/sun and blockout days) going to be able to enter a park after 2 pm without a park reservation so I wonder if the 1 pm entry requirement for a VQ will be dropped.

People have reported that the 6 pm BG does does get called before park closing (someone reported 8 pm as I recall).

The CMs were telling people that the 6 pm was only for extended hours but that is not true.

When I was there, they finished the regular BGs around 8:15 and refused to start calling the evening hours BG until right at 9 PM, so those CM reports were consistent with my experience (and it may entirely rely on the particular CMs there, the ones manning GOTG that night were not particularly friendly). Even if they do sometimes call them early they'd still be good until 11 PM if OP doesn't get to the park until after 9 though.

A Disney employee has told me that GOTG is getting a standby line, when Tron opens. This person saw internal documents that confirm it.

You folks can characterize this as a rumor if you like, but I believe that it is near certain.
Wow! If true, that's a major change. I wonder how long the standby line will be on the most crowded days!

Was lucky to get a BG today, it was my families first time riding. What was very frustrating was seeing people able to sneak on before having to scan their magicbands!

Do people leave Epcot in droves once the second VQ drops?
Hi, curious why you edited out that Guardians is going standby when Tron opens—do you feel less confident about what you heard? I’m going in April during a really busy time and wondering if I’ll need to change my Guardians approach on a dime.

Okay. I’ve got group #53 today but we’re still traveling and won’t make that time, most likely. Can I go anytime after my group is called (when we arrive later than the BG time)? Hoping that’s the rule.
I assume you got to ride? I was late for boarding group 29 this morning (they were up to 41-55 when I got there). The thingy turned blue but the CM overrode it.

Are LL for Guardians usually available to purchase throughout the day or do they sell out right away? We are more DL people and are going to be staying off property, so I am not up on how all this works. I was reading that staying off property means you can’t buy LL as early. We are doing other things in Florida, but we’re going to Epcot for one day, so we will only have one shot at it.

Are LL for Guardians usually available to purchase throughout the day or do they sell out right away? We are more DL people and are going to be staying off property, so I am not up on how all this works. I was reading that staying off property means you can’t buy LL as early. We are doing other things in Florida, but we’re going to Epcot for one day, so we will only have one shot at it.
It really can vary greatly depending on the day of the week and the time of the year (ie spring break etc)

We were there last week and I forgot the 7am and 1pm virtual queue times. It was like 5pm and I'll like oh shoot I forgot. I tried for fun and got a time. I think now the times don't all get booked that quickly

You can buy at park opening. I successfully bought last week at a 9 AM opening and another day at 10 AM opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter