Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Please help!!!
We are staying offsite:
EP on Sep 14 w/ 9 AM opening.

Do I have this correct?
7:00 AM: Try for BG for GotG.
7:01 AM: Get G+, book first G+ experience (Remy).
9:00 AM: Can buy ILL for GotG.

Is that the best strategy to ride 'everything'?
Thanks.
You can try for 7am BG. If you don’t get it, you can try again at 1pm. Lots of people have better luck at 1.

I have an AP and go often and haven’t paid for G+ or $ILL so others would be better able to answer that part of your question.

Please help!!!
We are staying offsite:
EP on Sep 14 w/ 9 AM opening.

Do I have this correct?
7:00 AM: Try for BG for GotG.
7:01 AM: Get G+, book first G+ experience (Remy).
9:00 AM: Can buy ILL for GotG.

Is that the best strategy to ride 'everything'?
Thanks.
Whether Remy is still a Genie+ experience in September is unknown. It was moved from ILL to G+ through August 7. Whether it returns to ILL on August 8, or if the date is extended, has not been announced. You are correct about the rest. At 7:00, try for the VQ for Guardians, then immediately after, book your top priority G+. At park open, you can buy your ILL(s).

Thus far, there have been no reports of people being denied boarding when showing up even several hours late for a GotG VQ. So go for it at 7:00 AM, and if you miss out and have internet connection at 1:00, try again!

I think you still need to be in the park to join the 1PM VQ so I would definitely be trying for the 7AM VQ since a 5PM arrival may be on the outskirts of what is available once you enter the park. We had a similar situation on travel day and were an hour late for our VQ it showed green and just let us in not even the blue you need to explain something.

I think you still need to be in the park to join the 1PM VQ so I would definitely be trying for the 7AM VQ since a 5PM arrival may be on the outskirts of what is available once you enter the park. We had a similar situation on travel day and were an hour late for our VQ it showed green and just let us in not even the blue you need to explain something.
Not still in the park just have to have been in the park.

Thanks! I should have said still need to have been in the park. If you aren't arriving to the park till 5PM if you miss the 7AM VQ the next chance you'll have to join the VQ would be once you enter Epcot at 5PM if it is still available.

You can try for 7am BG. If you don’t get it, you can try again at 1pm. Lots of people have better luck at 1.

I have an AP and go often and haven’t paid for G+ or $ILL so others would be better able to answer that part of your ques

Thanks! I should have said still need to have been in the park. If you aren't arriving to the park till 5PM if you miss the 7AM VQ the next chance you'll have to join the VQ would be once you enter Epcot at 5PM if it is still available.
Correct. You could buy a LL, it's not likely the VQ will be available after 5pm. If you are staying deluxe and are going to Epcot on an evening EMH, you can try at 6pm. Reports are that that release goes VERY quickly.

Correct. You could buy a LL, it's not likely the VQ will be available after 5pm. If you are staying deluxe and are going to Epcot on an evening EMH, you can try at 6pm. Reports are that that release goes VERY quickly.
From what I've gathered, in terms of quickness
7 am and 5 pm VQ goes quick, with the 5pm reportedly going the quickest
1 PM lasts the longest of the 3, at times (maybe all the time?) till the 2pm hoppers get there. I haven't followed in regards to how much longer after that they last. It seems like I've seem some say that they've found a VQ later in the afternoon, from the 1PM drops, on particularly rainy days. So it would never hurt to check

From what I've gathered, in terms of quickness
7 am and 5 pm VQ goes quick, with the 5pm reportedly going the quickest
1 PM lasts the longest of the 3, at times (maybe all the time?) till the 2pm hoppers get there. I haven't followed in regards to how much longer after that they last. It seems like I've seem some say that they've found a VQ later in the afternoon, from the 1PM drops, on particularly rainy days. So it would never hurt to check
Is it 5pm or 6pm?

Hmm, this is taking me back to those thrilling days of yesteryear when a ton of people were sitting inside DHS in January hoping for a ROTR BG. (Plus it was 40-something degrees, adding to the "fun".....) My own visit is coming up in October and I didn't even realize Guardians was doing the VQ-only thing. I had pretty good success with the former ROTR system and I definitely agree with the advice to use time.gov as the guidepost. Disney's official time is very close to what time.gov reports, in my experience, and I only blew it once when my phone suddenly started doing something crazy at 7:00am. Just under three months left 'til I find out whether I've still got it.

Hmm, this is taking me back to those thrilling days of yesteryear when a ton of people were sitting inside DHS in January hoping for a ROTR BG. (Plus it was 40-something degrees, adding to the "fun".....) My own visit is coming up in October and I didn't even realize Guardians was doing the VQ-only thing. I had pretty good success with the former ROTR system and I definitely agree with the advice to use time.gov as the guidepost. Disney's official time is very close to what time.gov reports, in my experience, and I only blew it once when my phone suddenly started doing something crazy at 7:00am. Just under three months left 'til I find out whether I've still got it.
That is, if GotG is still VQ by then. We go in September and I’m waiting to see if it changes by then!

I’ll be checking into Old Key West Monday, July 25. we have AP and a park reservation at Epcot. I assume that I can get (if available) aVQ at 7 AM (I’m staying at a timeshare at highway 192 and won’t be at OKW until noon at the earliest) and use it anytime until closing at 9. We plan on also staying through late night and doing Reme then. If we use the VQ before 6, are we eligible to try again at 6 or is Disney limiting it to one a day? If they do, we might do a LL on Galaxy on Monday.

I’ll be checking into Old Key West Monday, July 25. we have AP and a park reservation at Epcot. I assume that I can get (if available) aVQ at 7 AM (I’m staying at a timeshare at highway 192 and won’t be at OKW until noon at the earliest) and use it anytime until closing at 9. We plan on also staying through late night and doing Reme then. If we use the VQ before 6, are we eligible to try again at 6 or is Disney limiting it to one a day? If they do, we might do a LL on Galaxy on Monday.
The 6 PM VQ drop is only for Deluxe Extra Evening Hours guests, thus limited to Disney Deluxe resorts and a few others onsite. If you're staying offsite, you wouldn't be eligible and that VQ won't even show in your MDE.

OTOH, if you tap into Epcot before 1 PM, you can try then for the GotG VQ. Those slots seem to last longer than the 7 AM drop, and in fact DH and I were successful shortly after 4 PM a week or so ago! The only requirement is that you have to tap into Epcot before you can try, so you won't know until that day whether the VQ is open later than 1 PM or not.

Isn’t Old Key West a deluxe Disney resort? I’ll be checking into there that day. Actually, I’ve already done their pre check in, so I should be good to go at 7 AM. I’ll call Disney to confirm. I’ve already been cheated out of Moonlight Magic by Disney. I don’t need any more surprises from them.

Isn’t Old Key West a deluxe Disney resort? I’ll be checking into there that day. Actually, I’ve already done their pre check in, so I should be good to go at 7 AM. I’ll call Disney to confirm. I’ve already been cheated out of Moonlight Magic by Disney. I don’t need any more surprises from them.
Yes, OKW is included in DEEH. Sorry, my eyes focused on the "staying in a timeshare on 192" and skipped over the "checking into OKW" important information! So you should be good to go at 7 AM and at 6 PM, and possibly at 1 PM or later depending on when you tap into Epcot and whether any 1 PM VQ slots are still available (that's if you don't get one at 7 AM - you can't get both 7 AM and 1 PM, but you can get a 6 PM with either one of those).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter