• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wanted to rope drop the 7DMT, and I was staying offsite, what time would you suggest I get to the TTC for a 9:00am opening? Thanks y'all!
Our most recent experience was the last week of June. We arrived at the tollbooth about 90 minutes prior to opening and were about 5-8 cars back. Did the same in February. MK is the only park that lets people line up that early. I'm not sure if they still are, but if I was driving to MK, I'd still use that strategy, or at least try :).

That being said, we opted not to rope drop 7DMT. But we did walk on Big Thunder and Space the times we did this. Even with being offsite, we didn't feel behind the crowd. Could be different now, but depending on when you're going (if it's soon with the current low crowds, you should be fine I think).

Our most recent experience was the last week of June. We arrived at the tollbooth about 90 minutes prior to opening and were about 5-8 cars back. Did the same in February. MK is the only park that lets people line up that early. I'm not sure if they still are, but if I was driving to MK, I'd still use that strategy, or at least try :).

That being said, we opted not to rope drop 7DMT. But we did walk on Big Thunder and Space the times we did this. Even with being offsite, we didn't feel behind the crowd. Could be different now, but depending on when you're going (if it's soon with the current low crowds, you should be fine I think).
This is incredibly helpful, thank you!

We didn't get there early enough yesterday to rope drop the Mine Train, so we went to Pan instead. I'll have to see if I can get this brood out the door early enough for our next MK day. :)

We saw the FEA door opening ritual on the morning we rope dropped Epcot - it was so cute. I didn't realize they did this... The little girl was so cute and SO happy.

Last year during Covid, when we got to the parking /toll booth at MK at 8:00 for a 9:00 park opening...we were turned around and waited at the gas station for 15 mins. We usually hit the lots about an hour before parks open to give time to park...walk in...and hopefully be 30 mins or so before rope drop. What's it like this year? How early has anyone gotten to the lott and they let you in? TIA

Last year during Covid, when we got to the parking /toll booth at MK at 8:00 for a 9:00 park opening...we were turned around and waited at the gas station for 15 mins. We usually hit the lots about an hour before parks open to give time to park...walk in...and hopefully be 30 mins or so before rope drop. What's it like this year? How early has anyone gotten to the lott and they let you in? TIA
Your question was merged with the Everything Rope Drop thread. Parking lots are opening approx. 1 hour before posted park opening time. Post 1 has some other information you may find helpful.

This is incredibly helpful, thank you!

We didn't get there early enough yesterday to rope drop the Mine Train, so we went to Pan instead. I'll have to see if I can get this brood out the door early enough for our next MK day. :)
I hadn't realized you were there now! Have a great time! :) Let us know how you make out.

Has anyone been able to get to an 8:15 ADR at CRT before MK's 9am open? I've heard buses don't start running until an hour before park opening (although I've heard in some cases it may be earlier), and I've also heard that the parking lots don't open until an hour before park opening (although the person at Disney I called today said they open at 7am because of early ADRs). Maybe take the first bus to AK, then to the Contemporary, then walk to MK? I'd like to keep my reservation at CRT, but if I can't get there, then what's the use?

We are here at Disney. We arrived at HS at 8am and we were held at ticket entry and fingerprint devices until 8:25 am. Folks were allowed to go directly to their desired rides.

Anyone there today or a couple of days ago?

This is our second time at HS this week. We are being held at ticket kiosk until 8:30 then they let everyone go to the rides. We experienced the same thing last Sunday.

We experienced the same thing at AK yesterday. Opening at 8 and we were let in at 7:30 and folks were allowed to go to their rides.
I’m wondering if it’s because the crowds are low and this will change.

This is our second time at HS this week. We are being held at ticket kiosk until 8:30 then they let everyone go to the rides. We experienced the same thing last Sunday.

We experienced the same thing at AK yesterday. Opening at 8 and we were let in at 7:30 and folks were allowed to go to their rides.
Thanks for the updates. We’ll keep an eye on it as crowds increase and update post 1 if it seems to be the new normal.

You’re correct in that lower crowds mean guests do not take up as much room so can be held at the gates. We’ll keep an eye on things to see what happens if/when crowds increase for the 50th.

What time do they let you past the parking booth...7ish?

I am hoping moderators will see my posts on entry changes for AK and HS.
We see them but normally wait for the change to be reported by 2 people on 2 different days (or the same person confirms the change happened on 2 different days) before updating to say the new process has changed to…

We see them but normally wait for the change to be reported by 2 people on 2 different days (or the same person confirms the change happened on 2 different days) before updating to say the new process has changed to…

Okay, that makes sense. On Sunday, April 29 and Wednesday Sept 1, Hollywood Studios held everyone at the ticket kiosk until 8:30am and then everyone was allowed in. Hopefully others report back too. Thanks!

Hi everyone! I see they are letting people into MK around 815/820 then holding at the castle until 9. Does anyone know if the emporium is open at that time? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter