Everything Pop Lunch & Dinner Changes...All Value Resorts to Change to Similar???

I noticed on my recent trip to WDW that the menus were a lot more limited now everywhere. Normally I can go a whole trip without eating a burger but I kind of got sick of fast food because that seemed to be the primary options available in most QS places, with a few exceptions such as Flame Tree and Columbia Harbour House.

The mobile order menus (which match the online menus) are very limited these days. You can still find many of the other dishes, but they are only available for in person ordering.
I was going to say that this. We went to AofA for dinner after HS closed, and I was excited about getting the pasta (not available at the resorts I was staying at over the week). But it was not available to mobile order, so I ended up just ordering chicken strips. I was quite irritated to see that it was indeed being served when I picked up my mobile order. 😞

The menu for pop says additional specialty items available for dine in. I was worried because my daughter’s beloved tie dye cheesecake was not on mobile order but I see it is listed on the menu still

I noticed on my recent trip to WDW that the menus were a lot more limited now everywhere. Normally I can go a whole trip without eating a burger but I kind of got sick of fast food because that seemed to be the primary options available in most QS places, with a few exceptions such as Flame Tree and Columbia Harbour House.
Menus were really limited everywhere when the parks reopened after the closures and didn't really get beefed up again until the 50th celebration hit and all of those special menu items were added for it. And since most of those special menu items went away with the end of the 50th, many didn't get replaced by anything else. I am hoping that changes now that staffing and supply issues are better.

How is speaking with an actual Disney employee "not credible?" I didn't chat with a random person- I spoke to a CSR person via Disney's website.

To be fair, most of the Disney customer service representatives have no idea what is actually going on in the resorts or the parks. Only the people there on the ground do (and even then they sometimes only know their specific area and nothing else).

To be fair, most of the Disney customer service representatives have no idea what is actually going on in the resorts or the parks. Only the people there on the ground do (and even then they sometimes only know their specific area and nothing else).
And sometimes they don’t even know anything about their specific area. :crazy:

I have noticed over the past few months that the options at the value resorts were diminishing. I noticed it first at AoA, because when I stay at Pop I often go over to AoA for dinner. But they made the two menus virtually identical. Then I noticed fewer entree options. My last couple of stays have been at the AS resorts. I noticed that Music has dropped their entrees, but not Movies or Sports. I was just at Sports last week, and they still had 3-4 entrees, but I did wonder at the time if they were going to keep them or not.

At first, I thought they were trying to differentiate between the values and moderates by only having basic options at the values, but then there was a write up in the last few months about POFQ getting rid of the specialized entrees at Sassagoula’s like the jambalaya, and their menu is now very similar to the value resorts. My guess is that it is a money saving option and a way to get people to eat more often at the table service restaurants. Personally, I think more people will order food off site and have it delivered instead, especially at the values where it is difficult to access TS restaurants.
Our first Disney Resort was Dixie Landings aka PO Riverside. The food court was great. Our favorite was their incredible Fried Chicken, Red Beans and Rice with delicious biscuit. Even when staying at other resorts we would make our way there for the chicken. So sad that over the years we've seen the menus get dumbed down. And it's in the parks as well. :sad1:

I see a blurb on the menu page notating "additional rotating selection of specialty offerings available for dine-in", whatever that means.
But if Pop's menu is solely burgers & pizza, it would be one additional reason for me not to stay on Disney property.
I remember when the values had a special meal night. At POP they would serve in metal "tv trays" but tasted way better. We loved the meatloaf night and turkey dinner night. It might make sense for them to not offer every hot entree every night, but rather a couple each night rotating out.

For me who travels with my DS but often don't want to eat the same "line" ... either one of our plates was cold after waiting in another line OR I'd skip eating so he could eat a hot meal. There has to be a better way than 3-4 different lines ~ if a main stream menu helps speed that process then maybe not so bad.

This is kind of wild. So many people use those menus for planning.
EXACTLY. Disney pushes you to do everything online but now their lack of online info is pushing people away. Will they now book TS or eat in parks? I don't know. Perhaps as some have said if now they don't have a decent menu at the hotels, that is one less reason to stay there.

My cousin is at POP right now and sent me some pics of the current menu! I love the idea of the mix and match, but hope they do add it to mobile order.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230518_105952_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230518_105952_Facebook.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot_20230518_105949_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230518_105949_Facebook.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20230518_105945_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230518_105945_Facebook.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20230518_105941_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230518_105941_Facebook.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20230518_105935_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230518_105935_Facebook.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 81
I remember when the values had a special meal night. At POP they would serve in metal "tv trays" but tasted way better. We loved the meatloaf night and turkey dinner night. It might make sense for them to not offer every hot entree every night, but rather a couple each night rotating out.
Mom's Night Out was such a great example of Disney's attention to detail!

We usually stay in the 1950s and taking the TV Dinners which were first introduced in the mid-1950s back to our room was really fun.

1577453129976-png.460782

These might be easier to read

Thanks for sharing these! It’s a relief to know the value resort menus are just changing, not getting cut back!

In fact, it would be great to have a thread with pics of all the in-person resort menus where they differ from the online menu . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter