• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

Hi! I’m traveling with a family of 5 and all our park reservations are booked together. We have park hopper. If one person decides to sleep late while the others check into the first park, would that one person still be able to change their park reservation (pending availability) to the park we’re hopping to later? Or would they be stuck having to check into the first park because the reservations are all booked together?
My experience has been that MDE asks specifically who you want to modify so that you can change or cancel one person in the group if you want to. It would probably be a good idea for you to modify that person as soon as you know the plans have changed to give you the best chance of availability at the second park.

I had read on a few of the non-official blogs that Disney would stop requiring park reservations for annual pass holders who entered a park after 2 pm as of April 18. Does anyone know if this has been implemented? I couldn't find anything in MDE referring to it so made reservations for a bunch of days in the next week or two although we won't be going until after 2 pm so I wondered if I really needed them.

I had read on a few of the non-official blogs that Disney would stop requiring park reservations for annual pass holders who entered a park after 2 pm as of April 18. Does anyone know if this has been implemented? I couldn't find anything in MDE referring to it so made reservations for a bunch of days in the next week or two although we won't be going until after 2 pm so I wondered if I really needed them.
It has been implemented. The exception is Saturdays and Sundays in the MK, all guests require park reservations on those days.

Okay, AP question- do you still have to tap in at your original park before you can park hop at 2?

we‘re arriving/checking in on a Wednesday, our plan is AK while we wait for the room to be available, then later, take advantage of extended evening hours at MK. if someone in our group arrives late and misses us at AK, will they have to tap in there before joining us at MK?

Okay, AP question- do you still have to tap in at your original park before you can park hop at 2?

we‘re arriving/checking in on a Wednesday, our plan is AK while we wait for the room to be available, then later, take advantage of extended evening hours at MK. if someone in our group arrives late and misses us at AK, will they have to tap in there before joining us at MK?
If a person has an AP without blackout restrictions, they can enter any of the 4 parks after 2PM, without a park reservation, except MK on Sat/Sun. If they do not have an AP, they would have to enter the original park - or change their park reservation to the 'other' park, if one is available. If it's a Sat/Sun (which in your question, it is not), and you have an AP, you'll need a park reservation for MK, or will need to enter the park you do have a reservation for, and then 'hop' to MK after 2PM.

If a person has an AP without blackout restrictions, they can enter any of the 4 parks after 2PM, without a park reservation, except MK on Sat/Sun. If they do not have an AP, they would have to enter the original park - or change their park reservation to the 'other' park, if one is available. If it's a Sat/Sun (which in your question, it is not), and you have an AP, you'll need a park reservation for MK, or will need to enter the park you do have a reservation for, and then 'hop' to MK after 2PM.
Everyone has an AP and a park reservation for AK. if one is late and can’t make AK, can they go to MK that evening? do you still have to tap in at original park? or should we cancel their AK park pass when it becomes apparent thy won’t make it?

Everyone has an AP and a park reservation for AK. if one is late and can’t make AK, can they go to MK that evening? do you still have to tap in at original park? or should we cancel their AK park pass when it becomes apparent thy won’t make it?
My understanding is that yes, with an AP that is usable on that day (not a blackout date), the person who could not make it to AK could go straight to MK that evening without a reservation. (Unless it is Saturday or Sunday).

Cancelling the AK pass shouldn’t be all that hard, though, if you’re worried.

Please take the time to read recent responses before asking questions as I know we have a lot of new APs and all have the same question that has been answered 3 times on this page and, is also updated on post 1 of this thread.

Thank you.

DH and I went to Epcot around 7 pm last night. We are AP holders so did not make a reservation based on the new rules allowing AP holders to enter after 2 pm without a reservation.

When we tried to scan in, it did not turn green and the CM said we didn't have a reservation. She claimed that because we have old non-expiring 10-day passes in our account, that we would always be required to make a park reservation against our AP every time we wanted to enter a park, even after 2 pm.

Has anyone else had this issue? We have previously ensured that our APs are the priority tickets on our account so the system doesn't accidentally draw days down from our non-expiring tickets.

This doesn't seem right that, as AP holders, we can't enter a park after 2 pm unless we have a reservation. Does anyone know how we might get this fixed?

DH and I went to Epcot around 7 pm last night. We are AP holders so did not make a reservation based on the new rules allowing AP holders to enter after 2 pm without a reservation.

When we tried to scan in, it did not turn green and the CM said we didn't have a reservation. She claimed that because we have old non-expiring 10-day passes in our account, that we would always be required to make a park reservation against our AP every time we wanted to enter a park, even after 2 pm.

Has anyone else had this issue? We have previously ensured that our APs are the priority tickets on our account so the system doesn't accidentally draw days down from our non-expiring tickets.

This doesn't seem right that, as AP holders, we can't enter a park after 2 pm unless we have a reservation. Does anyone know how we might get this fixed?
I would call Disney IT to ask about this: 1-407-939-4357.

You may also want to ask this question on the tickets and annual pass thread or in the main forum as most people reading this thread have questions about making park reservations. Not sure people reading this thread will have an answer to your question.

Hello everyone,
For my upcoming trip in August with some friends we have mixed tickets. I got an Incredi-Pass while my friends got a 10-Day park hopper. As we stay off-site my question is, what happens if we try to reserve park passes nearer to August. When I create a "party" in MDE which quota (AP / regular tickets) will the system try to reserve the passes in? Will it be a problem if the regular slots for that day are already booked for a specific park but the AP quota still has some slots available? What happens if my friends book all the 10 days now and when I try to book the same day and park on a rolling base (as I have only 5 reservations at a time) and the AP quota for that park is already reached?

Thanks for your answers.
Thomas

Hello everyone,
For my upcoming trip in August with some friends we have mixed tickets. I got an Incredi-Pass while my friends got a 10-Day park hopper. As we stay off-site my question is, what happens if we try to reserve park passes nearer to August. When I create a "party" in MDE which quota (AP / regular tickets) will the system try to reserve the passes in? Will it be a problem if the regular slots for that day are already booked for a specific park but the AP quota still has some slots available? What happens if my friends book all the 10 days now and when I try to book the same day and park on a rolling base (as I have only 5 reservations at a time) and the AP quota for that park is already reached?

Thanks for your answers.
Thomas
With an August trip it will be extremely rare that park reservations will fill at any park. Park reservations don’t fill often these days and those dates are on major holidays or, busy days such as prime spring break. I would not be concerned at all.

If in the rare case it does happen (which I would predict is less than a 1% chance of happening) you would need to go to a different park and wait until 2PM to join your friends by hopping but honestly with an Aug trip I wouldn’t give it a second thought. You will be fine.

I am hearing on various travel videos ( not Disney ones) that park reservations have been discontinued. Is this true? When is/ was the effective date? TIA!

I am hearing on various travel videos ( not Disney ones) that park reservations have been discontinued. Is this true? When is/ was the effective date? TIA!
From DisneyWorld.com:

Starting with visits on January 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. A date-based ticket requires you to choose a start date when you purchase.
For other admission types, theme park reservations may be required.

No Theme Park Reservation Required
  • Date-based 1-day ticket
  • Date-based multi-day ticket
  • Vacation package with date-based tickets
Theme Park Reservation Required
  • Student group tickets
  • Sport and Convention ticket
  • Annual Pass
  • All other ticket types not mentioned above
1-day 1-park tickets currently being sold don't require a park reservation since you specify the park at the time of purchase.

In addition to the info listed above, there is a new summer ticket which also does not require park reservations.

Experience 4 days of magic and thrills across the Walt Disney World theme parks when you purchase a specially priced 4-Park Magic Ticket for just $99 per day, plus tax (total price: $396 plus tax).

Tickets go on sale May 23, 2023!

The 4-Park Magic Ticket includes one admission to each of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parks—Magic Kingdom park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios—for a total of 4 admissions, on 4 separate days. Limit one admission per theme park, and one theme park per day. This ticket does not require theme park reservations to enter the parks.

This ticket is valid for theme park admission from June 1 to September 29, 2023—subject to blockout dates from July 1 to July 4, and September 1 to September 4, 2023.

In addition to the info listed above, there is a new summer ticket which also does not require park reservations.

Experience 4 days of magic and thrills across the Walt Disney World theme parks when you purchase a specially priced 4-Park Magic Ticket for just $99 per day, plus tax (total price: $396 plus tax).

Tickets go on sale May 23, 2023!

The 4-Park Magic Ticket includes one admission to each of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parks—Magic Kingdom park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios—for a total of 4 admissions, on 4 separate days. Limit one admission per theme park, and one theme park per day. This ticket does not require theme park reservations to enter the parks.

This ticket is valid for theme park admission from June 1 to September 29, 2023—subject to blockout dates from July 1 to July 4, and September 1 to September 4, 2023.
This would be a perfect ticket for us! Too bad we are not going this summer. Thanks for posting!

If I remember correctly, that was a popular ticket to buy pre-Covid. Good to see it back. And it makes sense that you wouldn't need a park reservation during the months it's being offered.

I thought if I had a on property stay it doesn't count towards my available AP park reservations, so I have 7 days of park reservations for August with an on site stay. I would also like to go two days in June, without staying on site, but it says I only have bonus reservations left. Is there an easy way for me to fix this or do I have to call?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter