Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

I'm confused about how to read the crowd calendars (touring plans, etc) which have MK at a 6 out of 10 on the day I plan to go...yet Disney is showing MK reservations as sold out on that day. Am I correct in assuming that means MK crowds will be way more than a 6 out of 10 that day?

I'm confused about how to read the crowd calendars (touring plans, etc) which have MK at a 6 out of 10 on the day I plan to go...yet Disney is showing MK reservations as sold out on that day. Am I correct in assuming that means MK crowds will be way more than a 6 out of 10 that day?
I would say yes! Crowd calendars are a best guess and I'm thinking not updated too frequently, especially if that date falls on a holiday, etc.

Not sure if anyone will be able to answer this for me and I’m afraid to trust what a Disney rep may say. I have a resort package reserved for a week in April. We booked with friends at a discount. It includes tickets which I was going to save for another time because DH and I have APs. We made our park reservations when we booked that package. Now our friends aren’t going so DH and I decided were going to stay offsite and just use our APs to save $. If I cancel the package do I lose my park reservations? Normally it wouldn’t be a big deal but for this week we have MK reservations for 4/4 which is when Tron opens and there are no AP reservations available for that day now. So if cancelling the package means I lose my park reservations I won’t be able to get MK that day.

I saw no one else has answered this definitively yet so thought I would confirm, if you cancel a resort package (or even just modify the dates) they will automatically cancel your Park Reservations at some point within a few days (in my case it was the next day, I think). I have no idea if your AP would override that since you don't technically need a ticket but as I understand it, AP reservations and ticket reservations are coming from separate buckets so I'd be afraid you would, in fact, lose your reservation entirely.

I saw no one else has answered this definitively yet so thought I would confirm, if you cancel a resort package (or even just modify the dates) they will automatically cancel your Park Reservations at some point within a few days (in my case it was the next day, I think). I have no idea if your AP would override that since you don't technically need a ticket but as I understand it, AP reservations and ticket reservations are coming from separate buckets so I'd be afraid you would, in fact, lose your reservation entirely.
If you selected your AP as the ticket to be used when making the reservations instead of the package tickets I doubt they would be cancelled. I’ve cancelled room only resort reservations and had park reservations (linked to that resort stay and my AP) stay for weeks.

If you selected your AP as the ticket to be used when making the reservations instead of the package tickets I doubt they would be cancelled. I’ve cancelled room only resort reservations and had park reservations (linked to that resort stay and my AP) stay for weeks.

Yes, the poster was asking about tickets purchased as part of a package, not a room only reservation. I'm confirming that I did this with a package reservation and the reservations were cancelled automatically.

Yes, the poster was asking about tickets purchased as part of a package, not a room only reservation. I'm confirming that I did this with a package reservation and the reservations were cancelled automatically.
If they made the reservations using the tickets they would likely be cancelled but if they made the reservations under their AP (even if they linked it to the resort stay) I doubt they would be cancelled.

However if they booked them using the tickets, kept the package, and entered the park it most likely would have used the package ticket.

Disney Parks Blog released official information for APs not needing park reservations for entry after 2pm:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...to-your-visits/?CMP=SOC-DPFY23Q2wo0223230001A

Walt Disney World Annual Passholders: Park reservation requirements will be relaxed for visits after 2 p.m.*

Beginning April 18, Walt Disney World Annual Passholders will be able to visit the theme parks after 2 p.m. without needing a park reservation, except on Saturdays and Sundays at Magic Kingdom Park. Pass blockout dates will continue to apply like they do today. While the theme park reservation system remains important to manage attendance in our parks, especially on busier days, we realize our Passholders enjoy more spontaneous visits – and this change will make that possible.

Yes, you can cancel a park reservation the same day. Technically you don’t have to cancel but, it’s kind to do so, especially if parks are at or near capacity so that others may pick up the reservation you won’t be using.
I have a single day left on a 10-day NE ticket. I wanted to make a park reservation, practice using G+ for the first few hours the park is open, and then cancel the reservation when I'm finished practicing. When I go to make a park reservation I see the following before clicking confirm:

Modifying or Cancelling Your Reservation

If your plans change, please be sure to modify or cancel your theme park reservation by the day before the reservation date (11:59 PM Eastern Time).

Is this new? Can I still cancel same day with out penalty? TIA.

I have a single day left on a 10-day NE ticket. I wanted to make a park reservation, practice using G+ for the first few hours the park is open, and then cancel the reservation when I'm finished practicing. When I go to make a park reservation I see the following before clicking confirm:

Modifying or Cancelling Your Reservation

If your plans change, please be sure to modify or cancel your theme park reservation by the day before the reservation date (11:59 PM Eastern Time).

Is this new? Can I still cancel same day with out penalty? TIA.
There's no penalty for not canceling.

Park reservations are here to stay at this time.

The only change is for Annual Passholders. As of April 18, 2023, APs will be able to enter a park Min-Fri after 2PM without a park reservation.

For a one day ticket. My cousin is visiting and we originally booked a day at the Magic Kingdom. We would like to change it to the Animal Kingdom. She cannot modify online for some reason. I can maybe as I have a multiple day. There IS availability so…. What would you do…

Go to the MK guest relations?
Go to AK guest relations?

Is this even possible to do?

Ty.

For a one day ticket. My cousin is visiting and we originally booked a day at the Magic Kingdom. We would like to change it to the Animal Kingdom. She cannot modify online for some reason. I can maybe as I have a multiple day. There IS availability so…. What would you do…

Go to the MK guest relations?
Go to AK guest relations?

Is this even possible to do?

Ty.
With only a 1 day ticket I believe she needs to cancel this reservation and rebook a new reservation for the new park.

We tried that…once cancelled we could not book so we quickly grabbed the same thing back again

I would recommend calling Disney IT.

There is a post stuck to the top of this board that provides a link to the current phone numbers. Appears you will need IT help to resolve this issue.

Last edited:
For a one day ticket. My cousin is visiting and we originally booked a day at the Magic Kingdom. We would like to change it to the Animal Kingdom.
You don't mention when you bought her ticket initially. Back in December, 1-day tickets changed and are priced differently depending on park - and they also have the theme park reservation automatically attached. I assume you will need to contact WDW to get her ticket changed. Unfortunately, if you bought prior to the change, you might get hit with a price increase as well. Just be aware - I suggest checking the current price online and do the math before you call.

You don't mention when you bought her ticket initially. Back in December, 1-day tickets changed and are priced differently depending on park - and they also have the theme park reservation automatically attached. I assume you will need to contact WDW to get her ticket changed. Unfortunately, if you bought prior to the change, you might get hit with a price increase as well. Just be aware - I suggest checking the current price online and do the math before you call.
Thanks @lanejudy. I completely forgot about 1 day tickets being park specific now.

Hi! I’m traveling with a family of 5 and all our park reservations are booked together. We have park hopper. If one person decides to sleep late while the others check into the first park, would that one person still be able to change their park reservation (pending availability) to the park we’re hopping to later? Or would they be stuck having to check into the first park because the reservations are all booked together?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter