Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

I have to agree with other pp in that the safari’s better just before or just after the rain since it’s cool enough for the animals to be out and more active.

One of the downsides of the rain though is that if there’s lightning in the area as well then I know they close the treks with the tigers and the one with gorillas until it passes for safety reasons.

You could try using thrill-data’s park reservation finder and setting up an alert on there for any cancellations. My friend used it at the beginning of May when she was looking for Epcot when the Guardians previews we’re going on.

I have had a park reservation corrected by Guest Services once, but it was in the VERY EARLY days. We had 2 in our party with a reservation to 1 park, and the 3rd member with a reservation to a different park, user error we had the days/park swapped. They were able to make them match.
I wouldn't plan on them granting that request when Animal Kingdom has reservations available on Wednesday

Leaving tomorrow to go to Disney World and it looks like our Saturday plans are going to be a rain out. We were planning on rope dropping Epcot and then Park hopping over to animal kingdom. We will still likely do the Epcot even in the rain but probably not animal kingdom, (as I would anticipate the animal viewing would be less than ideal in the rain.)

My question is this, to make up our animal Kingdom time I would like to go the following Tuesday but the park reservations are full. Is this something where you can cry and tell your sob story to guest services or someone else (and if so who) to help find a magic Park reservation for you?

Or is it once a park is considered full that is the end of the story?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help!
It wouldn't be an acceptable reason anyhow. Rain is 1) very normal for FL 2) weather is not under their control.

It's no different than someone who purchases a 1 day ticket or someone who purchases any ticket that is date based. Some people unfortunately have their entire trips rained out which really bites. These things occurred before park reservations, date-based tickets have been a thing for a while now so it could happen back then too (things were more flexible back then but not completely).

You could certainly keep checking though if reservations open up, it does happen for people :)

I am missing the cancel button for park reservations. Has something happened in the system recently? It worked as of last weekend.

I just came on here to check the same thing. I am booking for us and two other friends for October. I booked the wrong park for one day. I was able to cancel their reservation (they have theme park tickets) but the reservation made for DH and I with our AP's doesn't have the cancel button. Anyone else having this issue?

I’m having the same problem. I want to change one of our park reservations but I don’t have a ‘cancel’ button on either the website or the app.

I’m having the same problem. I want to change one of our park reservations but I don’t have a ‘cancel’ button on either the website or the app.
AP reservations have to be cancelled through the website instead of the app.

I contacted Disney and for Park Reservations made with an Annual Pass, you need to cancel it on the website through the Park Reservation system. If you click on Park Reservations, then Annual Pass (like you are going to make a reservation), you'll see a list of all your reservations and the cancel button is there.

I did it! I got 3 Reservations for Epcot on a sold out day in May, 2 weeks out. How I did it you may ask?
1. I reserved one guest at a time instead of choosing all three at once.
2. When you get the message that says that the date is full; back out to the screen where you select a person you're booking for and REFRESH the page. Select the person you would like to reserve, then select the date you would like and try to book. Repeat this process several times until it allows you to reserve.
3. You may have to try this process during heavy website traffic times. I had success on Sunday around 2pm.
***I was originally trying to refresh the calendar page and selecting the date again (This method FAILED). It only worked when I went all the way back to the screen where you select who you are reserving for and refreshed that page***
After relentlessly trying for days to get park reservations for 2 people at HS for either June 20 or 21 this technique plus an alert from the thrill-data website finally worked! It still took a few tries so don't give up if at first is says unavailable.

I contacted Disney and for Park Reservations made with an Annual Pass, you need to cancel it on the website through the Park Reservation system. If you click on Park Reservations, then Annual Pass (like you are going to make a reservation), you'll see a list of all your reservations and the cancel button is there.
Thank you! I have been going bonkers trying to figure out what they did to the cancel option. I was thinking they’d surely not get rid of it

Thank you! I have been going bonkers trying to figure out what they did to the cancel option. I was thinking they’d surely not get rid of it

Still doesn’t work for me 😣. I can see my current park reservation on the website and pull up “Details”, but I don’t have a cancel button.
I’ve sent an email to DVC to ask about this (Chat isn’t available right now).

Still doesn’t work for me 😣. I can see my current park reservation on the website and pull up “Details”, but I don’t have a cancel button.
I’ve sent an email to DVC to ask about this (Chat isn’t available right now).
You sure you looking in the right place? The spot described by PP doesn’t have a details link. My Plans, where you see resort stays and dining and stuff does have the detail button but not the one under Reservations, Pass Holders. That one is just a long list of all your reservations and each one shows a cancel link, no button, under each individual reservation. The one under My Plans is the spot that no longer has the cancel button for me

Specific steps when using Chrome, in case it helps.
Disclaimer, steps subject to change at the whim of Disney IT. 😂
Hover over "My Disney Experience"
When the menu drops down, click "Disney Park Pass System"
Click "Annual Pass" button
First you'll see the links to book Reservations with and without Resort stays
then, if you have them,
You should see all your Disney Park pass Reservations, by date, with the confirmation number off on the right side, with a Cancel Reservation link (not a button, a Link) under the confirmation number

Last edited:
You sure you looking in the right place? The spot described by PP doesn’t have a details link. My Plans, where you see resort stays and dining and stuff does have the detail button but not the one under Reservations, Pass Holders. That one is just a long list of all your reservations and each one shows a cancel link, no button, under each individual reservation. The one under My Plans is the spot that no longer has the cancel button for me

Specific steps, in case it helps
Click "Annual Pass" button
First you'll see the links to book Reservations with and without Resort stays
then, if you have them,
You should see all your Disney Park pass Reservations, by date, with the confirmation number off on the right side, with a Cancel Reservation link (not a button, a Link) under the confirmation number

Thank you! This helped me get to the right place, although the route was slightly different. (Because it wouldn’t be Disney IT if it wasn’t a little different for everyone 🤣.)

I’m posting my route in case it helps anyone.

Per your advice:

At this point, I do NOT have an “Annual Pass” button, but I CAN click on “Make A Park Reservation”.
Then I can click on “Annual Passholder Reservation System”
Which takes me to the page with all my existing park reservations, as you described.

Thank you! This helped me get to the right place, although the route was slightly different. (Because it wouldn’t be Disney IT if it wasn’t a little different for everyone 🤣.)

I’m posting my route in case it helps anyone.

Per your advice:

At this point, I do NOT have an “Annual Pass” button, but I CAN click on “Make A Park Reservation”.
Then I can click on “Annual Passholder Reservation System”
Which takes me to the page with all my existing park reservations, as you described.
Do you have the cancel option there?

Hah. Yes. Should be no surprise that it varies. Thought you’d think they’d only make one web site design. Seems like a lot more work to do more than one unless it differs by browser and they have to design each differently.
What I showed is for Chrome. I’ll go back to add that on my post for future reference

This might be a silly question, but what are you all hitting refresh on? The availability calendar? I am desperately trying to get a MK reservation for any day between June 24-29, but I'm not sure I understand where to be refreshing. Do I need to buy a ticket first? And what if I buy the ticket for a certain day and a different day becomes available?

This might be a silly question, but what are you all hitting refresh on? The availability calendar? I am desperately trying to get a MK reservation for any day between June 24-29, but I'm not sure I understand where to be refreshing. Do I need to buy a ticket first? And what if I buy the ticket for a certain day and a different day becomes available?
You must have a ticket to make a park reservation. If you buy only a one-day ticket, it must be for a specific date. If you then want to go a different day, you'll have to change the date of your ticket first and then book or change the park reservation. The system will not let you make a park reservation without having a valid ticket for that day. However, you can see park availability without having a ticket.

Can someone please check park pass availability for me? I've got a resort stay on property with our AP's and booked 7 days of park passes 9/10-16. I want to swap two of them, but before I cancel and rebook I want to make sure the parks I want to switch to are available (for Ap' holders with a resort stay...)

I need Animal Kingdom on 9/11 and Epcot on 9/12.

I think because I already have 7 days of reservations booked, tied to my 7 day resort stay, it's not showing me ANY other park pass availability. Guess I'm at my limit...or the system is glitching. Who knows.

ETA...nevermind...I found the "check availability feature" freaking BURIED in the MDE website. Seriously nobody would ever find it there. So unnecessarily complicated.

And now when I go to view details of my current park pass reservations so I can cancel the ones I want to change it takes me to the "Someone at the page" horse pucky. I HATE Disney's IT so much.

Last edited:
Do you have the cancel option there?

Hah. Yes. Should be no surprise that it varies. Thought you’d think they’d only make one web site design. Seems like a lot more work to do more than one unless it differs by browser and they have to design each differently.
What I showed is for Chrome. I’ll go back to add that on my post for future reference

Yes, I did have a cancel option there. I was on Chrome too, so I don’t know why it was different 🤷‍♀️

Can someone please check park pass availability for me? I've got a resort stay on property with our AP's and booked 7 days of park passes 9/10-16. I want to swap two of them, but before I cancel and rebook I want to make sure the parks I want to switch to are available (for Ap' holders with a resort stay...)

I need Animal Kingdom on 9/11 and Epcot on 9/12.

I think because I already have 7 days of reservations booked, tied to my 7 day resort stay, it's not showing me ANY other park pass availability. Guess I'm at my limit...or the system is glitching. Who knows.

ETA...nevermind...I found the "check availability feature" freaking BURIED in the MDE website. Seriously nobody would ever find it there. So unnecessarily complicated.

And now when I go to view details of my current park pass reservations so I can cancel the ones I want to change it takes me to the "Someone at the page" horse pucky. I HATE Disney's IT so much.
You don't cancel under "View Details" of your current park pass reservations if you have an AP. See post #511 or #512 above for step by step instructions on where the cancel button is for AP. But that's why you get an "ate the page" message when you click View Details. The link is broken now. IT needs to remove it since they moved the cancel option somewhere else for AP.

We are a party of 5, 2 rooms. We are all linked together. When we go to make the park reservations we can make the reservation for four of us together. Person number five, an extra adult in one of the rooms must be tmade separately it says. Anyone have any idea how to fix this before I call the wonderful IT folks??

Thanks!!!

We are a party of 5, 2 rooms. We are all linked together. When we go to make the park reservations we can make the reservation for four of us together. Person number five, an extra adult in one of the rooms must be tmade separately it says. Anyone have any idea how to fix this before I call the wonderful IT folks??

Thanks!!!
Is the 5th adult an Annual Pass holder? Park passes need to be made separately for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter