Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

No. You can go to another park (or more) at 2pm and beyond

Thank you.
I have an AP so not familiar with hoppers, which my sister will get.
When you have a hopper, can you only just hop to one other park, or could you hop in one day to all three after
the first park with the ressie?
Thank you.

Thank you.
I have an AP so not familiar with hoppers, which my sister will get.
When you have a hopper, can you only just hop to one other park, or could you hop in one day to all three after
the first park with the ressie?
Thank you.
Reading the first post in this thread might help with a lot of your questions and also provide answers to new questions that may arise.

Reading the first post in this thread might help with a lot of your questions and also provide answers to new questions that may arise.
Thank you so much!
I did read the first page (first post) but I guess I'm dense LOL
Thank you for this thread!

I'm sorry if this was asked before, I went through about 10 pages and I figured I'd just ask. We have one person that joined into our trip from June 12th to the 19th. She has a The rest of us already have park reservations so of course, there are some parks that are unavailable for the new member. We booked the ones we could but there are 2 that are an issue: 6/14 for Magic Kingdom and 6/17 for Hollywood studios. I have two questions.

First, is it better to leave her unregistered for a park those two days and just keep checking for the parks we need OR is it better to reserve something (She has a hopper) and still keep checking? My worry is the fact that you have to cancel a park reservation before making a new one.

My second question is really just asking if anyone has had success with eventually getting a park reservation? We literally missed Hollywood Studios by one day and I know that people can cancel/change plans all the time but this is a bit nerve wracking for the planner in me! TIA.

I'm sorry if this was asked before, I went through about 10 pages and I figured I'd just ask. We have one person that joined into our trip from June 12th to the 19th. She has a The rest of us already have park reservations so of course, there are some parks that are unavailable for the new member. We booked the ones we could but there are 2 that are an issue: 6/14 for Magic Kingdom and 6/17 for Hollywood studios. I have two questions.

First, is it better to leave her unregistered for a park those two days and just keep checking for the parks we need OR is it better to reserve something (She has a hopper) and still keep checking? My worry is the fact that you have to cancel a park reservation before making a new one.

My second question is really just asking if anyone has had success with eventually getting a park reservation? We literally missed Hollywood Studios by one day and I know that people can cancel/change plans all the time but this is a bit nerve wracking for the planner in me! TIA.
This happened to us and a few days before our trip availability for what we wanted suddenly appeared. We had MK booked but wanted AK. FWIW I did check several times a day for about 2-3 weeks before our trip and I don’t think HS ever showed up as available when looking bc I would have switched to that as well. So the canceling and rebooking didn’t cause a problem for us

This happened to us and a few days before our trip availability for what we wanted suddenly appeared. We had MK booked but wanted AK. FWIW I did check several times a day for about 2-3 weeks before our trip and I don’t think HS ever showed up as available when looking bc I would have switched to that as well. So the canceling and rebooking didn’t cause a problem for us
It actually happened for us this morning!!!! I am still so confused as to what happened (maybe a cancellation??) but very happy. Calendar still showed both parks as unavailable. I had only made a park reservation for 6/17 at MK since 6/14 was our MK day. I figured if we could get her in for 6/14, I could then cancel 6/17 and focus on that. I was on my iPad and using the website, not the app. Since we were connected, I tried it out on my account and it went through. Immediately did HS and it worked as well. I wanted to share what maybe sort of worked just in case anyone else is trying.

I am missing the cancel button for park reservations. Has something happened in the system recently? It worked as of last weekend.

I am missing the cancel button for park reservations. Has something happened in the system recently? It worked as of last weekend.
I just came on here to check the same thing. I am booking for us and two other friends for October. I booked the wrong park for one day. I was able to cancel their reservation (they have theme park tickets) but the reservation made for DH and I with our AP's doesn't have the cancel button. Anyone else having this issue?

This may have already been answered, but this is a long thread and I didn't see information on the first post...
Does your vacation package have to be fully paid in order to make park reservations?

This may have already been answered, but this is a long thread and I didn't see information on the first post...
Does your vacation package have to be fully paid in order to make park reservations?
No, as soon as you pay your deposit on a pkg that includes tickets you may book park reservations.

Thanks for asking this question @C&Jx2. I have updated post 1 to include this information.

Last edited:
Very specific question that I'm hoping someone can help me with.....back when I booked our trip and made our park reservations, Disney website seemed to use my AP reservation days first and then allowed me to book based on the fact that I am going to be onsite for our entire stay. However, now DH wants to go down a day early and I'm all out of AP reservation days but will not have a hotel for that day of the trip thanks to this ridiculous park reservation system but that's another gripe for another day so my question is this.....

If we have APs and get to a park after the 2 o clock switch time but had NO park booked for the day, can we still get into a park? (Crazy thing is that my children who are NOT AP holders were able to make their park reservations just fine but DH and I are blocked out.) THANKS!

Very specific question that I'm hoping someone can help me with.....back when I booked our trip and made our park reservations, Disney website seemed to use my AP reservation days first and then allowed me to book based on the fact that I am going to be onsite for our entire stay. However, now DH wants to go down a day early and I'm all out of AP reservation days but will not have a hotel for that day of the trip thanks to this ridiculous park reservation system but that's another gripe for another day so my question is this.....

If we have APs and get to a park after the 2 o clock switch time but had NO park booked for the day, can we still get into a park? (Crazy thing is that my children who are NOT AP holders were able to make their park reservations just fine but DH and I are blocked out.) THANKS!
The answer is no. AP or not, you need a park reservation in order to enter a park. It doesn't matter what time of day you try to enter. You should be able to cancel one of the AP park days if it's during your hotel stay, and rebook the park reservation under the hotel bucket. That should free up an AP park day at the beginning of the trip. When you go to book a park reservation under the Annual Pass button you should get these two options:

1654052434534.png

The answer is no. AP or not, you need a park reservation in order to enter a park. It doesn't matter what time of day you try to enter. You should be able to cancel one of the AP park days if it's during your hotel stay, and rebook the park reservation under the hotel bucket. That should free up an AP park day at the beginning of the trip. When you go to book a park reservation under the Annual Pass button you should get these two options:

View attachment 673258

Ah thank you. I guess I should have taken care of it sooner. Most of the days we are there have limited availability and I'm not willing to risk losing what I have.

Leaving tomorrow to go to Disney World and it looks like our Saturday plans are going to be a rain out. We were planning on rope dropping Epcot and then Park hopping over to animal kingdom. We will still likely do the Epcot even in the rain but probably not animal kingdom, (as I would anticipate the animal viewing would be less than ideal in the rain.)

My question is this, to make up our animal Kingdom time I would like to go the following Tuesday but the park reservations are full. Is this something where you can cry and tell your sob story to guest services or someone else (and if so who) to help find a magic Park reservation for you?

Or is it once a park is considered full that is the end of the story?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help!

My hunch: Your only hope is that they increase capacity for one or more parks. Keep an eye out for reservation openings.

ETA: I could well be wrong, let's see what others have to say.:)

Leaving tomorrow to go to Disney World and it looks like our Saturday plans are going to be a rain out. We were planning on rope dropping Epcot and then Park hopping over to animal kingdom. We will still likely do the Epcot even in the rain but probably not animal kingdom, (as I would anticipate the animal viewing would be less than ideal in the rain.)

My question is this, to make up our animal Kingdom time I would like to go the following Tuesday but the park reservations are full. Is this something where you can cry and tell your sob story to guest services or someone else (and if so who) to help find a magic Park reservation for you?

Or is it once a park is considered full that is the end of the story?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Unfortunately a sob story isn't going to work, they hear them all the time. And actually, the animals tend to really like the rain and are out, it's the humans who don't like it. However, it may not rain all day so your day might not be lost. Park reservations do open up, you just have to keep looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter