Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Sorry I was referring to if she got the annual pass for Florida residents. Not sure if that includes park hoping like the Disneyland does
All WDW passes include park hopping although to verify I would recommend looking on the WDW site for the exact pass she's looking for. That will provide accurate details of what is included with her particular pass.

All WDW passes include park hopping although to verify I would recommend looking on the WDW site for the exact pass she's looking for. That will provide accurate details of what is included with her particular pass.
Thank you as always for the helpful information. I think I saw you are there the same dates as me. If I see you in the parks I will be sure to say hello and thank you in person.

This is a thread intended to talk about everything to do with park hopping as we understand there are many questions.

Time: Park Hopping officially begins at 2:00 PM each day. Park Hopping guests may be allowed in as early as 1:45 but this is not guaranteed.

Park Hopping Capacity: There may be times that a park is closed to park hopping IF it has reached Park Hopping capacity.

With the exception of a couple of hours in the late afternoon of Oct 1, 2021 for the Magic Kingdom, to date, park hopping has always been allowed to all parks, even when all parks were full for new park reservations.

Park Reservation Capacity vs Park Hopping Capacity:
Park capacity for daily reservations is not the same as park capacity for park hopping. If a park has reached capacity to book a daily reservation, this does not automatically mean you cannot hop to it.

Park Hopping Phone Number: To find out if a park is open for park hopping, guests may call 1-407-560-5000.

Park Hopping Requirement: In order to hop to a second park, a guest must have tapped into the park where they have booked a reservation for that day. Guests cannot just go to the second park even if it is after 2:00 PM.

Returning to Original Park: A guest can always return to the original park they had a reservation for. Even if it is at capacity for hopping, a guest with a reservation may enter their original park at any time that day.

Advanced Dining Reservations (ADR): An ADR may be booked at a park a guest intends to hop to but an ADR does not guarantee entrance to that park if it has reached park hopping capacity. (Reiterating that as of today a park has never reached capacity for hopping.) How the no-show fee for a missed reservation due to inability to hop has not yet been an issue so it is not known if the $10/person no-show fee would be charged or if this fee would be waived by Disney.

An ADR does not grant early access to a park via hopping. Reservations at the 'hopped to' park must be 2:00 or later.

Park Hopper Tickets: The park hopping option must be added to the entire number of days of the ticket. It is not possible to add Park Hopping to only a portion of the ticket.

Park Hopping to Multiple Parks: It is possible to hop to as many parks as a guest wishes to after 2:00 PM. There is not limit as long as there is availability.

Transportation Between Parks:
  • Animal Kingdom to all parks - Bus
  • Epcot to Hollywood Studios - Skyliner, Friendship Boat or Walk (approx. 20 min walk)
  • Epcot to Animal Kingdom - Bus
  • Epcot to Magic Kingdom - Monorail
  • Hollywood Studios to Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom - Bus
  • Hollywood Studios to Epcot - Skyliner, Friendship Boat or Walk (approx. 20 min walk)
  • Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios - Bus
  • Magic Kingdom to Epcot - Monorail
Adding Park Hopping to Ticket in Use: Park Hopper option can be added at any point in your trip although it will be added for all days. It is not possible to add the PH option to one day of a multiple day ticket. Once PH is added, PH can begin that same day as long as it is 2:00 PM or later

Do you know the rules with Park Hopping and water parks? As I understand you don't need a park pass for Typhoon Lagoon at this time. I have a park pass for epcot one day, but was thinking I might go to typhoon lagoon in the AM. The rule of having to go to the park pass park first would not apply in this case right?

Do you know the rules with Park Hopping and water parks? As I understand you don't need a park pass for Typhoon Lagoon at this time. I have a park pass for epcot one day, but was thinking I might go to typhoon lagoon in the AM. The rule of having to go to the park pass park first would not apply in this case right?
You're correct, that you do not need to go to Epcot before the water park.

The water parks do not have reservations so you would make your park reservation for Epcot.

Park Hopping & My Disney Experience
I added an extra park each day that we will be in Disney. When I look at my Future Plans I see the park we will attend at opening but not the hopper park. Is this normal or is there a problem with my reservation?

Park Hopping & My Disney Experience
I added an extra park each day that we will be in Disney. When I look at my Future Plans I see the park we will attend at opening but not the hopper park. Is this normal or is there a problem with my reservation?
You only need a reservation for your first park. You can hop to any other park at any time after 2pm

I know with the rules this will be ok, but wanted to check for personal experiences. I finally got a Space 220 lounge Reservation for 2:00 on a day we will start at HS. If I plan to be at the IG at 1:40, think that will work out? Will it be ok if I'm a few minutes late?

I know with the rules this will be ok, but wanted to check for personal experiences. I finally got a Space 220 lounge Reservation for 2:00 on a day we will start at HS. If I plan to be at the IG at 1:40, think that will work out? Will it be ok if I'm a few minutes late?
You will be just fine if you're a few minutes late for your ADR. I think you're wise to arrive at IG at 1:40. Hopper guests will need to wait until sometime between 1:45 and 2:00 to be granted access into Epcot but you'll be just fine to enter when they allow you and make your way to Space 220. Enjoy!!

Any word whether they will be removing this 2pm restriction? We stay at BCV and have always loved being able to cut thru international gateway Epcot to go to monorail vs bus to MK.

We have park reservations at HS on Presidents Day. We would like to go to MK that evening (there are Extended Evening Hours). Do you think there will be any capacity issues? Have people been turned away from parkhopping recently?

I see that I can hop to another park after I first tap into one park.

On 2/21 and 2/22, Epcot is the only park that I can make reservations to.
I really want to do the extended night hours at MK on the 21st (we are staying at the Dolphin) and its DD's birthday on the 22nd, so a midnight close out seems a good idea on paper.

However, we will be arriving in Orlando only around 3pm. Could we still pop over to Epcot to tap in at 3 or 4pm, and then head over to MK? (assuming its not at capacity)

We have park reservations at HS on Presidents Day. We would like to go to MK that evening (there are Extended Evening Hours). Do you think there will be any capacity issues? Have people been turned away from parkhopping recently?
It is extremely unlikely it'll be busy enough for any hopping to be turned away. If I remember correctly (and I could be wrong), I think the only 'block' on hopping was a MK on 10/1 with the anniversary crowds. I don't recall any other blocks. You should be absolutely fine.

This may have already been asked but Do you need to actually book a park reservation in the park you intend to hop to?

We booked a last minute trip for this weekend and park reservations are filling up. Looks like we won’t arrive until late afternoon (after 2pm) on Friday and wanted to spend a little bit of the night at MK, which doesn’t have any more reservations. So I booked Epcot.

Do we have to enter Epcot, even if it is after 2pm, before we go to MK or can I just go straight to MK (assuming they have the space) since it’s after 2? The way I read the rules, it sounds like we might have to first enter where our reservations are.

I’m sure this has been answered already in this thread but I am under a time crunch right now and would appreciate the clarification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter