Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Forgive me if someone has already posted on this ... but I see that they are allowing park-hopping on some afternoons. We'll be visiting in two weeks. How does that work when you've already gotten a reservation for another park admission? After a certain time, can you just leave that park and go into another one where you DON'T have a reservation?

TIA!

Forgive me if someone has already posted on this ... but I see that they are allowing park-hopping on some afternoons. We'll be visiting in two weeks. How does that work when you've already gotten a reservation for another park admission? After a certain time, can you just leave that park and go into another one where you DON'T have a reservation?

TIA!
Park hopping starts at 2pm. You can enter your 2nd park at that time or later.

You cannot hop until you first check in to the park where you have your reservation.

Just because parks have hit capacity with the park reservation system, this does not mean that Hopping capacity is full as well. It’s 2 different things and so far hopping has not hit capacity in any park or on any day.

I know that this is worrying "far in advance" but our next trip is in October, hopefully to continue our annual F&W festival visit. We usually go to one of the parks in AM and travel to Epcot for festival lunch. I guess we have to reserve other park, each day, and delay lunch until 2PM hop to Epcot?I hope this system changes by October, because I can see us being closed out of a hop to Epcot, which is high demand during festival.

I know that this is worrying "far in advance" but our next trip is in October, hopefully to continue our annual F&W festival visit. We usually go to one of the parks in AM and travel to Epcot for festival lunch. I guess we have to reserve other park, each day, and delay lunch until 2PM hop to Epcot?I hope this system changes by October, because I can see us being closed out of a hop to Epcot, which is high demand during festival.
despite all park reservations being full lately on many days, no one has reported that park hopping has been closed, so I see it extremely unlikely that you would ever get closed out of a hop to Epcot, so long as you tap into your reservation park prior to going to Epcot. This is being discussed in the Everything Park Hopping sticky......

Merging with the Park Hopping thread. A lot of great information and experiences here! Please take the time to read post 1 as it will answer many of the questions you may have.

Hard to say if PH as it's setup now will continue, but if they do still have capacity limits on parks at that time, but if they do, just a quick look at spring break where parks were sold out for days, but those with hoppers were still able to hop wherever they wanted.

Does anyone know if you can change a park reservation? Booking a park reservation, far in advance of a trip, can easily result in a need to change parks. For example, going back to F&W, I would be selecting parks before the Festival events are announced.

Does anyone know if you can change a park reservation? Booking a park reservation, far in advance of a trip, can easily result in a need to change parks. For example, going back to F&W, I would be selecting parks before the Festival events are announced.
Yes you may change your reservation. I would recommend checking the Park Availability Calendar first as it will indicate if their is capacity at the park you wish to change go.

To change a park reservation you will first need to cancel your original park reservation and then choose a new park to reserve, thus the recommendation to check the availability calendar first.

How strict have the parks been with the 2:00 hopping time? Have there been reports of hoppers being allowed in early? If so, how early?

How strict have the parks been with the 2:00 hopping time? Have there been reports of hoppers being allowed in early? If so, how early?
I think I saw a report that someone got through a few minutes early as a hopper, but for the most part it's pretty strict. You may get lucky being let in 5-10 minutes early but I wouldn't count on that as something definitely happening.

They were very strict at the Epcot main gate when we were there earlier this month. But they did end up letting us in just a couple minutes before 2 pm.

First change in the Park Hopper Hotline message in a while today --

Blizzard Beach is at capacity.

All main parks available for hopping.
Thanks so much for letting us know! I just called now at 4:30 and the message has been updated to say that Blizzard Beach is accepting guests again.

Just a note to help keep things clear, Blizzard Beach is not a park that guests with a 'Park Hopper' only option may hop to. In order to visit Blizzard Beach (or eventually Typhoon Lagoon), guests will either need to have added the 'Park Hopper Plus' option to their ticket or, purchase separate admission to one of the water parks.

Thanks so much for letting us know! I just called now at 4:30 and the message has been updated to say that Blizzard Beach is accepting guests again.

Just a note to help keep things clear, Blizzard Beach is not a park that guests with a 'Park Hopper' only option may hop to. In order to visit Blizzard Beach (or eventually Typhoon Lagoon), guests will either need to have added the 'Park Hopper Plus' option to their ticket or, purchase separate admission to one of the water parks.

Hah, I was just coming back to edit that it had reopened later in the afternoon.

And great point about water park tickets being separate; thanks for making sure that was clear.

Have ressies for MK. Wondering if I went over to AK after 2:00, and then ended up at night at Epcot (it's open until 11:00)
Is this allowed?
Yup, the only stipulations with park hoppers is 1. You have them on your tickets, 2. You can't hop until 2, 3. You have to check into your reserved park first, 4. Availability at the park for hoppers.

After 2, you can hop to any and all parks you wish, including back to the reserved park. You can access your reserved park regardless of hopping being full.

No parks have been known to deny hoppers yet due to capacity. That can change at any time, but even with the busy spring break, hopping was available.

Hello all,

Next week I will be at Disney. We are currently visiting two parks. HS on Wednesday and AK on Friday. We’re thinking of park hopping to Epcot on Friday. I know it’s not possible to add park hopper for just one day, but after we went to HS could I just add it for one day? For example, on that Thursday could I add park hopper for just the remaining day and pay the 1-day price?

Hello all,

Next week I will be at Disney. We are currently visiting two parks. HS on Wednesday and AK on Friday. We’re thinking of park hopping to Epcot on Friday. I know it’s not possible to add park hopper for just one day, but after we went to HS could I just add it for one day? For example, on that Thursday could I add park hopper for just the remaining day and pay the 1-day price?
No, the price to upgrade a 2-day base ticket to a 2-day park hopper is the same regardless of when you do it.

Hello all,

Park hopping is not priced per day. It's priced per ticket -- the original length of the ticket.

For a 2-day ticket, the price to add hopper is $75 plus tax, no matter when you add it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter