Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I'm so surprised at these sell outs! Maybe Disney is limiting the number of G+ passes sold?
This happened at about 8:45am today!
This historically is an extremely busy week so many are purchasing to shorten time in line.

My thought is that as people realize it's selling out on a day they wanted to purchase it, they're purchasing earlier in the day to avoid disappointment.
I'm so surprised at these sell outs! Maybe Disney is limiting the number of G+ passes sold?

Yes, the number of G+ sold has always been a limited number. There is a post on the first page of this thread that records the days G+ has sold out.

Yes, the number of G+ sold has always been a limited number. There is a post on the first page of this thread that records the days G+ has sold out.
Not always. From its introduction in October 2021 until June 8, 2022, there was no limit on the number of Genie+ sales. Disney announced it would be subject to availability at the same time they limited sales to day-of. Previously, you could pre-purchase it with your tickets and there was no limit to the number sold.

Looking at what's available today as of opening, it's a rough day for Genie+.

At Epcot, Frozen and Remy LLs were gone before the 9 am regular opening, and Test Track was out to 8:20 pm. And Test Track is gone as of 9:15 am. That means at 11 am, most people will book Soarin' or Mission Space as their best choices, so even those may be gone by 1 pm.

At MK, Space, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan and even Big Thunder were all out to mid-late afternoon by 9 am. HS is also looking like everyone will get two big rides and that's it, unless they use an LL in the morning to re-book more quickly.

During super high crowd times like today, are ILLs a better value than Genie+, other than maybe at MK?

So, looks like all the sellouts so far still have not occurred before 7am, is that right? Will be there next week and MK has 7:30 ETPE, not relishing getting up at midnight/staying up till midnight and then getting up at 6:00am or before to get ready for ETPE. Am I still good just buying genie around 6am?

So, looks like all the sellouts so far still have not occurred before 7am, is that right? Will be there next week and MK has 7:30 ETPE, not relishing getting up at midnight/staying up till midnight and then getting up at 6:00am or before to get ready for ETPE. Am I still good just buying genie around 6am?
You should be but, there is no guarantee as next week is anticipated to be busy too with the post-Easter crowds. So far G+ has still been available to purchase at 7AM but this week we're seeing the earliest sellouts to date so anything is possible.

I am here now and was able to purchase Genie+ for DHS at 6:55 AM, but I have to admit it made me nervous to wait that late. I did not buy a ILL$ for Rise as I've hit my spending limit for this trip. It's a great ride, but we're skipping this go-round.

My pre 7 AM routine is to:
- close out all apps on my phone.
- ensure I use my cell signal (5G full bars), not resort wifi.
- reopen MDE and be on the Tip Board, first LL choice as my top pick, and ready to refresh
- time.gov is running on a separate device.
- pull down to refresh right as the world clock switches from 06:59:59 to 07:00:00

The app was glitchy this morning. It crashed on my first reopen at 6:58 AM. Second try it loaded. Even with that, it took 3 seconds for DHS picks to load at my refresh at 7, and get SDD. Maybe I should have refreshed 1 second earlier? Who knows? I was able to get a 1:40 - 2:40 PM LL for SDD. I'll take it. I tried to modify it for an earlier time, but all I got was 8:15 PM, and I'm not sure we'll make it that late today. However, I prefer to ride it at night with all the lights.

If I've missed this info elsewhere, I apologize - if my DH and I are connected as family on our MDE apps, can one of us modify a Genie+ reservation that the other one makes for us, assuming that the reservation was made for all of us in the first place? I'm trying to figure out a 7AM strategy for HS where I book ROTR ILL for my DD and I, while my hubby makes reservations for DD and I on Slinky Dog (DH will be with our DS, who is too young/short to ride almost anything yet). Thanks!

If I've missed this info elsewhere, I apologize - if my DH and I are connected as family on our MDE apps, can one of us modify a Genie+ reservation that the other one makes for us, assuming that the reservation was made for all of us in the first place? I'm trying to figure out a 7AM strategy for HS where I book ROTR ILL for my DD and I, while my hubby makes reservations for DD and I on Slinky Dog (DH will be with our DS, who is too young/short to ride almost anything yet). Thanks!
Yes, if you are linked on MDE, as long as you can both see all guests in your party, either can modify. Another option is to both sign into the same MDE account. You can both be signed in and booking different things at the same time.

You may wish to find out more about the Rider Switch option.

Looking at what's available today as of opening, it's a rough day for Genie+.

At Epcot, Frozen and Remy LLs were gone before the 9 am regular opening, and Test Track was out to 8:20 pm. And Test Track is gone as of 9:15 am. That means at 11 am, most people will book Soarin' or Mission Space as their best choices, so even those may be gone by 1 pm.

At MK, Space, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan and even Big Thunder were all out to mid-late afternoon by 9 am. HS is also looking like everyone will get two big rides and that's it, unless they use an LL in the morning to re-book more quickly.

During super high crowd times like today, are ILLs a better value than Genie+, other than maybe at MK?

I never go by those times when I buy. I refresh non stop till I get the times I want throughout the day. Things always pop up sooner or later.

For insane crowd days I would usually get both honestly. But those days are rare

I think I know the answer to this already but is it true that the genie + at Disney world does not include photo pass? (It is at Disneyland but I know they're different)

I think I know the answer to this already but is it true that the genie + at Disney world does not include photo pass? (It is at Disneyland but I know they're different)
I don't think there's any way to get free photo pass anymore, is there? Even annual passes lost that perk as far as I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter