Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

We were there this past weekend - @scrappinginontario's advice about booking Genie+ for rides that were down was a huge tip.

Space Mountain was down in the afternoon on Friday, but they were still issuing near-immediate LL return times for it. I would grab a LL return time and it would quickly convert to an any-attraction (it was a somewhat limited list), any-time return time.

The key here was that it also opened the booking window again (even without having used the return time yet), so I booked another one. We were able to do this 3x while Space Mountain was down and use that to stack back-to-back LL that we used on other attractions.

Thanks, @scrappinginontario!
As for the "somewhat limited" list, do you remember any attractions that were or were not covered by the multi-experience pass?

I would expect the ILL attractions (Tron and Seven Dwarfs) to not accept the MEP, but would expect all or most of the other Genie+ rides would accept that MEP since Space is one of the more popular Genie+ selections at MK. But I haven't had an MEP at MK since the Fastpass+ days, so just don't know how it works now. I've seen lists of MEP tiers at Disneyland in California, but not for Disneyworld in Florida. I think it could be useful information to know before visiting.

As for the "somewhat limited" list, do you remember any attractions that were or were not covered by the multi-experience pass?

I would expect the ILL attractions (Tron and Seven Dwarfs) to not accept the MEP, but would expect all or most of the other Genie+ rides would accept that MEP since Space is one of the more popular Genie+ selections at MK. But I haven't had an MEP at MK since the Fastpass+ days, so just don't know how it works now. I've seen lists of MEP tiers at Disneyland in California, but not for Disneyworld in Florida. I think it could be useful information to know before visiting.
I can't remember all but:

- Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear - all yes
- Space Mountain, Tron, SDMT - not included in multi-experience pass

I can't remember all but:

- Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear - all yes
- Space Mountain, Tron, SDMT - not included in multi-experience pass
I would be surprised if you couldn't use the MEP on Space Mountain if you were given the MEP because Space Mountain itself was down. But it is good to know that the other Genie+ rides are included. Did you get your MEP because Space Mountain was down or for something else?

I would be surprised if you couldn't use the MEP on Space Mountain if you were given the MEP because Space Mountain itself was down. But it is good to know that the other Genie+ rides are included. Did you get your MEP because Space Mountain was down or for something else?
Jungle Cruise is normally excluded from MEP. However if the excluded ride was the one that went down it would be included in the MEP.

I did not get my MEP for Space which must be why it was excluded for me.

Preliminarily, sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. I just spent over an hour trying to figure out the answers, here, AllEars, etc., but to no avail, as I’ve read some seemingly contradictory information. I’m sure it’s out there somewhere.

My questions / 3 examples are specific to the ‘regular’ Lightening Lane / Genie+ (“LL”). Not Individual LL.

I understand that generally, the first LL can be booked at 7am for ‘whenever’ in the day. Then, loosely, even if that LL ride has not been taken, the ‘2-hour from booking’ rule applies and I might be able to stack reservations, to have a few for later in the day. I understand that I cannot book the same ride more than once per day. From there, it’s a bit unclear to me.

EXAMPLE # 1:
At 7am, I make my first LL booking of the day. I book a LL for ‘Ride A’ at 2pm. Do I now need to wait until 9am or 11am (2 hours from park opening) to book my second LL?

EXAMPLE #2:

This has to do with booking LL rides after riding (or at least checking into) earlier LL rides.

At 7am, I book my first LL of the day. I book ‘Ride A’ for 9:10am. I then ride Ride A at 9:10am. As soon as Ride A is over, may I now book my second LL of the day?

EXAMPLE # 3:

If the answer to Example # 2 is “yes”… can I do something like this:

I went on my first LL ride at 9:10am. It’s now 9:20am. I see that ‘Ride B’ has a LL spot for 9:50am. I book it and ride it.

It’s now 10:10am. I see that ‘Ride C’ has a spot at 10:15am. I book it and ride it.

It’s now 10:30am. I see ‘Ride D’ has a spot for 11:00am. I book it and ride it.

It’s now 11:10am and I’ve already booked and rode on 4 LL rides. (I fully get this will not happen for the more popular rides, but if it will save me 10-20 minutes of waiting at each of the less popular LL rides, I’d be interested in it.)
_______
Thank you!

Preliminarily, sorry if this is addressed elsewhere. I just spent over an hour trying to figure out the answers, here, AllEars, etc., but to no avail, as I’ve read some seemingly contradictory information. I’m sure it’s out there somewhere.

My questions / 3 examples are specific to the ‘regular’ Lightening Lane / Genie+ (“LL”). Not Individual LL.

I understand that generally, the first LL can be booked at 7am for ‘whenever’ in the day. Then, loosely, even if that LL ride has not been taken, the ‘2-hour from booking’ rule applies and I might be able to stack reservations, to have a few for later in the day. I understand that I cannot book the same ride more than once per day. From there, it’s a bit unclear to me.

EXAMPLE # 1:
At 7am, I make my first LL booking of the day. I book a LL for ‘Ride A’ at 2pm. Do I now need to wait until 9am or 11am (2 hours from park opening) to book my second LL?

EXAMPLE #2:

This has to do with booking LL rides after riding (or at least checking into) earlier LL rides.

At 7am, I book my first LL of the day. I book ‘Ride A’ for 9:10am. I then ride Ride A at 9:10am. As soon as Ride A is over, may I now book my second LL of the day?

EXAMPLE # 3:

If the answer to Example # 2 is “yes”… can I do something like this:

I went on my first LL ride at 9:10am. It’s now 9:20am. I see that ‘Ride B’ has a LL spot for 9:50am. I book it and ride it.

It’s now 10:10am. I see that ‘Ride C’ has a spot at 10:15am. I book it and ride it.

It’s now 10:30am. I see ‘Ride D’ has a spot for 11:00am. I book it and ride it.

It’s now 11:10am and I’ve already booked and rode on 4 LL rides. (I fully get this will not happen for the more popular rides, but if it will save me 10-20 minutes of waiting at each of the less popular LL rides, I’d be interested in it.)
_______
Thank you!
I'll do my best but, please read the posts on page 1 of this thread.

1. At 7AM if you book your first LL for 2PM, you may book your second LL 2 hours after park opening

2. Yes except you may book your next LL as soon as you have tapped into your first LL, you do not need to wait to complete your ride. If the ride has 2 taps you may need to wait to book after the second tap.

3. Yes, if you find LL's are available. That is the bigger challenge.

I'll do my best but, please read the posts on page 1 of this thread.

1. At 7AM if you book your first LL for 2PM, you may book your second LL 2 hours after park opening

2. Yes except you may book your next LL as soon as you have tapped into your first LL, you do not need to wait to complete your ride. If the ride has 2 taps you may need to wait to book after the second tap.

3. Yes, if you find LL's are available. That is the bigger challenge.
Thank you!

I saw this was asked a few pages back, but I'm not 100% clear on the answer.

If I'm going to AK in the morning and EPCOT in the afternoon, can I purchase G+ at the EPCOT price at 7am... and then just wait to book rides until all times are past 2pm?

I'm concerned about the price. I don't want to buy the much more expensive multi park price just because I'm starting the day at AK... even though I don't plan to use G+ there and will only use after hopping time at EPCOT.

I saw this was asked a few pages back, but I'm not 100% clear on the answer.

If I'm going to AK in the morning and EPCOT in the afternoon, can I purchase G+ at the EPCOT price at 7am... and then just wait to book rides until all times are past 2pm?

I'm concerned about the price. I don't want to buy the much more expensive multi park price just because I'm starting the day at AK... even though I don't plan to use G+ there and will only use after hopping time at EPCOT.
Yes you can just purchase it for Epcot and only book attractions there even though you are starting your day at AK.

FOP ILL$ allowed 2 children to ride with second rider (updated Rider Switch policy now). The posted wait after 4 pm was 20-35 mins, went up to 70 mins after 5 pm. ROTR ILL$ didn’t tell us that we could take another child with us if we purchased a ILL$ (FOP CM said it could be they were busy but this is the new policy for ILL$ across the board; at the time when we boarded ROTR wasn’t as busy -the extended queue was removed and the line was completely indoors (45-50 min wait).

Also at ROTR the Rider Switch CM’s scanner didn’t work so we were held up for about 15-20 mins and he had to get a new scanner (didn’t work either) and finally he entered the MB manually (I didn’t see it on MDE (screen shot and always check but I suppose he knew they could override and let our DS through without RS with the second adult ILL$, but it would be way past our window. Ride was not so busy but try to ride closer to the start of your window.

Update: asked about 2 kids riding with a waiting adult with a ILL$ on Tron and the answer was a solid no.

Second update below: FOP ILL$ did not allow 2 children with a waiting adult on another day with RS (1 child can ride), so it was some pixie dust

Last edited:
Good morning! This thread has been very helpful in getting ready for our trip, but haven't even left home and having some issues...

I'm at my home airport and I'm trying to purchase genie+ but it won't let me and it keeps saying that I need to be in US or Canada, which I am. Do I need to be in FL? Not the end of the world but would like to get things rolling - any ideas?

Looking at the first page of the thread - I guess I'll just call the phone number if it doesn't work when we land...

Last edited:
Good morning! This thread has been very helpful in getting ready for our trip, but haven't even left home and having some issues...

I'm at my home airport and I'm trying to purchase genie+ but it won't let me and it keeps saying that I need to be in US or Canada, which I am. Do I need to be in FL? Not the end of the world but would like to get things rolling - any ideas?

Looking at the first page of the thread - I guess I'll just call the phone number if it doesn't work when we land...
I would agree with calling as in the past we have had many guests successfully purchase and book their first LL, outside of FL. I booked mine from Buffalo but that was a while ago. Hopefully a CM can assist you as we have not heard of any changes to this functionality nor does your error message support that changes have been made.

Hope you can get help.

If you have time at some point (even after your trip) can you please report back your experience? Thanks.

Today 11/2 FOP rider swap only 1 child was allowed to ride with a waiting adult with a ILL$ purchase so I suppose policy hasn’t been changed.

Last edited:
Everest let 2 kids ride with a rider swap waiting adult. The wait is 20 mins, so I suppose it’s CM’s discretion when waits are low.

Last edited:
Everest let 2 kids ride with a rider swap waiting adult. The wait is 20 mins, so I suppose it’s CM’s discretion when waits are low.
But the big difference is Everest is not an ILL$ attraction. You only paid for one person's ILL$ for FoP so that's a big difference. You cannot compare ILL$ rider swap to other rider swaps.

But the big difference is Everest is not an ILL$ attraction. You only paid for one person's ILL$ for FoP so that's a big difference. You cannot compare ILL$ rider swap to other rider swaps.
Yes. The FOP CM said there was a rule change to rider swap with ILL$ and he let 2 children ride with a ILL$ with the waiting adult on 10/30 (we did not ask, he insisted 2 can ride when we pointed out which 1 child will ride with the waiting adult; that day FOP was 20-35 mins standby). I questioned the “rule change” as other ILL$ (GOTG and ROTR) did not allow 2 riders with ILL$ on 10/28 or 10/29 and he said it is the new rule for every ILL$ and maybe ROTR was just too busy (wasn't as busy as it usually is).

Today 11/2 FOP ILL$ did not let 2 kids ride with the waiting adult using rider swap (we asked and told the CM we were told it was a rule change to FOP ILL$; he said he wasn’t aware). But Everest (with an anytime pass-issued for Dinosaur) did (the CM asked which 2 children want to ride again with the waiting adult, so we were surprised and kids were super excited and I asked about FOP ILL$ and she said it’s CM’s discretion to allow 1 or 2 children to ride with a waiting adult).

In any case I’m glad they’re slowly going back to the way things used to be. Both Genie+ and ILL$ are paid and $22-29 for our party of 5.

Last edited:
Hi guys.

We are here now for another visit. We have been 2-3 trips per year people for 20 plus years. We are a rope drop family that hits it hard till noon. Then go for a nice dinner and then go back in at night.

We have zero issues getting on everything. Virtual cues no issues. Headliners multiple times per trip no issue. We just wait when we need to.

I’m not knocking genie plus. I hear people talking in line about their genie plus jump from ride to ride but they are also rope dropping. It confuses me so can you guys tell me the max you can do from rope drop till noon in any park as an example.

I feel we do a lot in that till noon time frame but would I be able to do even more with rope drop and genie?

Example: HS today.

Rope drop slinky. Toy Story mania 2x. Tower. Rockin. Sat to have a coffee and a bite till beauty and the beast at 11. Then out.

Example: AK 2 days ago

Rope drop avatar. Then to the river. Over to safari. Rapids 2 times cause kids wanted to. Lion king. Coffee and a bite in there somewhere.

Example: Epcot yesterday

Rope drop remi. Hoofed to front for guardians group 11. Test track 2 times single rider. Space. Moana. Figment. Pixar shorts. Out for lunch by 12.

At nights we got Star Wars. Mickey/Minnie train. At MK we have literally done every ride once and big thunder 3 times already. Tron 3 times already all virtual cues.

We got our way it works. We just bounce based on lines. It always always gets done and kids are never “wish we could have gotten on that again”.

We still have a few days left. We have been here since Friday morning.

But a bunch of you lay out your ROPE drop with also using genie. Are you doing a lot more than we are? I think you might be but also think we aren’t doing too bad.

I really feel like the people using it are first timers or those who haven’t been here in a while but I also was deff listening to people who are here a lot and rope drop but also use genie thst day so it got me wondering.

Thanks all!!! Again I’m not knocking either side. I want to hear the stories. I don’t want to hear the whole day stories. It isn’t us never will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter