Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

We made a spur of the moment decision to come to Orlando this past weekend. We got park hopper tixs for this Friday. Our plan was to shoot for Guardians at Epcot with the 7 am virtual queue and purchase an ILL Tron tix for between 2pm and 6pm at WDW. My questions are:

Is that even possible?

Yes.

Can you purchase ILLs for Tron and Guardians at the same time? (To double dip on Guardians or bad luck on the VQ)

Can you select a time at point of purchase?

Yes and yes, although times do book up as the day goes on. See the Guardians page and Tron page on Thrill Data for a look at historical availability.

Will Tron be around for purchase at park opening? We favor Guardians over Tron, that why we start at Epcot.

Yes, but see above re: times slots booking up. With Tron, evening slots may actually book up first because it's better at night.

How can I practice choosing 1 or 2 top attractions to display on my tip board? I have reservation for Epcot next week. When I select my top attraction, it does not display on my tip board. The attractions appear in alphabetical order again. I keep trying over and over again. What am I doing wrong? Is it because my reservation is next week and not today? I'd like to have this down before my trip next week.

How can I practice choosing 1 or 2 top attractions to display on my tip board? I have reservation for Epcot next week. When I select my top attraction, it does not display on my tip board. The attractions appear in alphabetical order again. I keep trying over and over again. What am I doing wrong? Is it because my reservation is next week and not today? I'd like to have this down before my trip next week.
I don’t believe this can be done in advance.

We’re flying in on a red eye on Saturday morning, checking into the Swan around 10am. I’m wondering if we have to wait until we’re checked in before we can book ILLs at 7am (so Sunday the first day) or can we book one on Saturday since the hotel reservation is linked in the MDE?

I believe I’ve read you can book the ILL off property, so it would be worth buying WiFi access on the plane if we can book at 7am.

We’re flying in on a red eye on Saturday morning, checking into the Swan around 10am. I’m wondering if we have to wait until we’re checked in before we can book ILLs at 7am (so Sunday the first day) or can we book one on Saturday since the hotel reservation is linked in the MDE?

I believe I’ve read you can book the ILL off property, so it would be worth buying WiFi access on the plane if we can book at 7am.
Unless you need an early time there is no reason pay for wifi to rush the ILL purchase (and since you are just flying in it doesn't sound like you will need an early time). You can wait until you land, or arrive. Take a look at when ILLs sell out - even Tron lasts until 4 PM.

https://www.thrill-data.com/lightning-lane/wdw

Hi, quick question! Say I'm going to AK in the morning and epcot in the afternoon. I only want to buy genie plus for epcot (cheaper then buying multiple parks genie+). Can I buy genie plus and start stacking rides for epcot starting at 7am? Or do I have to wait because I only bought genie plus for Epcot and won't be in epcot till park hopping is allowed.

Ugh I have watched and read so much about genie + and honestly used genie + multiple times but I still forget every fricken detail.

Make sure to do the online check-in---then you should be good to book while en route.

Unless you need an early time there is no reason pay for wifi to rush the ILL purchase (and since you are just flying in it doesn't sound like you will need an early time). You can wait until you land, or arrive. Take a look at when ILLs sell out - even Tron lasts until 4 PM.

https://www.thrill-data.com/lightning-lane/wdw
Thanks for that. The last list I looked at had many of the ILL/LLs selling out quickly in the morning, and then a little less quickly for the afternoon release. I’m curious that this list doesn’t include the morning/afternoon splits - are they noting the sell out time as the last time any slots sold out?

Or am I having a senior moment and confusing ILL/LLs with the virtual queues…. I’m actually thinking now that that’s the case. 🥺

This has definitely gotten very confusing!

Sorry if something like this has been asked but, there are 11 of us going next month. The 2 7-year-olds and some of the adults will go on everything. A couple of adults will do most but not all. I'm a ride wimp. 4 year old may stick with me or try things he is tall enough for. For the day or two that I plan to get us G+, I realize it's best if we break into groups of 4, 4 and 3 and probably according to ride preferences.
One question is, how likely is it that our groups will be able to get similar ride return times?
Also, if we are all booked on something and me or someone else doesn't want to go, can someone take their MB and go twice (I realize that's probably a no no)? Or, do I just tap in but don't go on the ride so that I can be booked on my next LL? Or, can I change my LL to something else if I want, even though I'm in a "group"?

Any tips are appreciated! We went in Jan 20, 2022 but didn't purchase G+. I've been watching videos and taking notes but I haven't seen answers to those questions.

Sorry if something like this has been asked but, there are 11 of us going next month. The 2 7-year-olds and some of the adults will go on everything. A couple of adults will do most but not all. I'm a ride wimp. 4 year old may stick with me or try things he is tall enough for. For the day or two that I plan to get us G+, I realize it's best if we break into groups of 4, 4 and 3 and probably according to ride preferences.
One question is, how likely is it that our groups will be able to get similar ride return times?
Also, if we are all booked on something and me or someone else doesn't want to go, can someone take their MB and go twice (I realize that's probably a no no)? Or, do I just tap in but don't go on the ride so that I can be booked on my next LL? Or, can I change my LL to something else if I want, even though I'm in a "group"?

Any tips are appreciated! We went in Jan 20, 2022 but didn't purchase G+. I've been watching videos and taking notes but I haven't seen answers to those questions.
unless something has changed recently, LLs are booked for individuals, not groups. You can select some or all individuals for each ride. If there is a ride you don’t want to do, you can skip booking a LL for yourself. If you do book a LL and don’t go,you can cancel, which lets you book another LL.

unless something has changed recently, LLs are booked for individuals, not groups. You can select some or all individuals for each ride. If there is a ride you don’t want to do, you can skip booking a LL for yourself. If you do book a LL and don’t go,you can cancel, which lets you book another LL.
Thanks! I guess I was thinking about when someone in the 'group' is booking and trying to do it fast, so not unchecking someone who doesn't want to go on that particular ride. But I see what you are saying and that the person can just cancel their LL booking.

I got an email the day before from Westin reminding me to checkin for the Swan on my Marriott Bonvoy app. I booked through Marriott, not Disney, not sure if it makes a difference.
Thanks! Looks like the online check-in feature only appears 48 hours or so before your stay on the Bonvoy app. Online check-in for the Swan can only be done through Bonvoy.

Just completed our check-in, and also noticed that the Bonvoy app doesn’t show our third guest (DD6). According to the Swan reservation agent, that’s normal, but the Disney app has the info and won’t have any issues with early entry. 🤪

We are headed to Disney tomorrow (!!!) and I have a question regarding the 120-minute rule which I’ve tried to find an answer for on the boards but seem to have struck out: during one of our park days, we plan to spend the morning in AK and hop to Hollywood Studios in the afternoon. I plan to purchase Genie+ and stack LLs for HS. Will I be able to book my second lightning lane 120 minutes after AK opens (8 am that day) or 120 minutes after HS opens (9 am that day)? Thanks in advance for the help!

We are headed to Disney tomorrow (!!!) and I have a question regarding the 120-minute rule which I’ve tried to find an answer for on the boards but seem to have struck out: during one of our park days, we plan to spend the morning in AK and hop to Hollywood Studios in the afternoon. I plan to purchase Genie+ and stack LLs for HS. Will I be able to book my second lightning lane 120 minutes after AK opens (8 am that day) or 120 minutes after HS opens (9 am that day)? Thanks in advance for the help!
It is on oh 1 but there is a lot of info to weed through there.

You are eligible to book your 2nd LL 2 hours after park opening of the park where you booked your first LL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter