Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Yep, same rule applies. Your Dino G+ expires at 12:55 (the return period is 11:55-12:55), so that is when you can book another one.

And I'm assuming that if you are in the line for Safaris, you have tapped in for it, and that it was tapping in for Safaris that let you book Dino before 11:50.
So when a G+ expires you can book another one even if you haven't used it? Even if it's not 2 hours from park opening?

This could not be more convoluted, and I've been using G+ for several trips now.

So when a G+ expires you can book another one even if you haven't used it? Even if it's not 2 hours from park opening?

This could not be more convoluted, and I've been using G+ for several trips now.
Yes, when your most-recently-booked Genie+ expires, you can book another Genie+, even though you didn't use it.

Yes, when your most-recently-booked Genie+ expires, you can book another Genie+, even though you didn't use it.
I'd always interpreted "expired" as meaning the expiration time had actually occurred, not that it was the expiration time noted on the reservation.

I'd always interpreted "expired" as meaning the expiration time had actually occurred, not that it was the expiration time noted on the reservation.
What's the difference? Your Dino Genie+ is for 11:55-12:55. The expiration time "on the reservation" is 12:55. When has the expiration time "actually occurred," if not at 12:55? If it is past 12:55 and you haven't used or cancelled your Genie+, hasn't expiration "actually occurred"?

If you're thinking the "actually occurred" time should allow for the 15 minute grace period, it doesn't. You can book another Genie+ at 12:55 and still tap into Dino as late as 1:10.

(Edited to align the times with prior example.)

I'm sure you're right and my misinterpretation was wrong and stupid
Don’t feel bad . It’s so confusing!

Honestly soon after I book a ride I try to book another. It will say you can’t until “X” time. At any point in the day I get confused (it happens when you stack for later in the day especially) I just try to book so it will say no, but tells me when i can. I always then check again after I use a ride .

Be careful with the “change time” modify feature. You will refresh and see a time you like and hit modify but then a different time pops up. Simply back out of it to keep the time you had. Sometimes it takes many tries to actually get the modified time we want.

We have also tried to modify from one ride to another. Unfortunately it only shows times in the park you have booked.

You can cancel a ride say in HS , THEN book something in another park if needed.

Best we have done is 5 rides 5 MK from 845p-10p park closing. We had to sprint from ride to ride to get on in time but it was fun to try lol.

Last edited:

Let's just agree on "wrong." Getting confused on something as complex as the Genie+ rules doesn't require anyone to be "stupid." It's rather easy to do.
I just felt flummoxed by the entire thing. And the heat, humidity, and monsoon didn't help, either! I hope I understand now. I think I'd just never been in the position where I'd booked a ride that was in the immediate future like that. I often stack or book my first ride for much later in the day.

Has anyone been able to book a multi park genie+ without a park hopper ticket? Wondering if we will be able to buy multi park genie + to use in MK between 4 and 7 on Halloween party night. We do not have park hopper tix and will be in ak that morning.

Has anyone been able to book a multi park genie+ without a park hopper ticket? Wondering if we will be able to buy multi park genie + to use in MK between 4 and 7 on Halloween party night. We do not have park hopper tix and will be in ak that morning.
Not that has been reported in this thread as your scenario has not happened yet (single park ticket + party). Are you hoping to use G+ at AK? If not, you can try to book multi and if you can’t only book MK and stack. People have purchased G+ with only a party ticket.

Not that has been reported in this thread as your scenario has not happened yet (single park ticket + party). Are you hoping to use G+ at AK? If not, you can try to book multi and if you can’t only book MK and stack. People have purchased G+ with only a party ticket.
We would like to use G+ in AK. But your saying that if we don't use it in AK we can use it in MK only for the party! That's good to know. I'm hoping we can use the multi. If not I guess we will neeed to decide which is most important to us.

We would like to use G+ in AK. But your saying that if we don't use it in AK we can use it in MK only for the party! That's good to know. I'm hoping we can use the multi. If not I guess we will neeed to decide which is most important to us.
It is how we anticipate it will work based on past experiences but again, because your scenario has not yet happened we don't know for sure how the system will behave.

Per park Genie+ only started recently and there haven't been any parties since it was introduced so we cannot say for sure it will work in 2 parks (when a guest has a single park ticket + a party ticket) if you purchase a multi. Someone will have to try.

It is how we anticipate it will work based on past experiences but again, because your scenario has not yet happened we don't know for sure how the system will behave.

Per park Genie+ only started recently and there haven't been any parties since it was introduced so we cannot say for sure it will work in 2 parks (when a guest has a single park ticket + a party ticket) if you purchase a multi. Someone will have to try.
We will definitely be trying it in August and will post back after our trip!

For trip scheduled Aug 10 -20

I am planning to purchase Genie+. In general, is genie + needed for shows - PhilHarmagic, Frozen singalong, Indiana Jones, Lion King etc?

I'll use it of course if I can. I'm just trying to figure out if I can reasonably expect to be able to see these shows in between genie+ selections (ignoring weather and down rides that may effect the whole park)

Thank you

I apologize, as I don't have time to search for the answer now. Can someone clear up something for me regarding ILL:

Do you need to have a park reservation to book an ILL at a specific park?

Scenario:

Epcot Park Reservation for tomorrow

Can I wake up at 7am and book Tron ILL and ALSO GoG ILL?

I royally screwed up on Tron today, numerous times. I blame it on no sleep. I want to make sure we get on this ride, but I'm still not sure about this detail.

I apologize, as I don't have time to search for the answer now. Can someone clear up something for me regarding ILL:

Do you need to have a park reservation to book an ILL at a specific park?

Scenario:

Epcot Park Reservation for tomorrow

Can I wake up at 7am and book Tron ILL and ALSO GoG ILL?

I royally screwed up on Tron today, numerous times. I blame it on no sleep. I want to make sure we get on this ride, but I'm still not sure about this detail.
If you have a park hopper or AP, then yes, you can. The MK ILL will have to be for after 2 pm, since you can't hop before then.

I hope it all works out for you.

For trip scheduled Aug 10 -20

I am planning to purchase Genie+. In general, is genie + needed for shows - PhilHarmagic, Frozen singalong, Indiana Jones, Lion King etc?

I'll use it of course if I can. I'm just trying to figure out if I can reasonably expect to be able to see these shows in between genie+ selections (ignoring weather and down rides that may effect the whole park)

Thank you
In general, you would not need a LL for shows and in most cases all the LL does for shows is move you into the pre-show “holding area” a little sooner than guests without a LL. But once the theater doors open it’s every man for himself (no preferred seating given to LL holders). It is usually absolutely reasonable to not get a LL for a show and use the show to fill in time between LL or other attractions.

I say "usually" because there are a few exceptions. The Lion King show- first show and later shows are generally fine. Mid-day shows can mean a 30-45 minute wait in the heat/sun and lately I've seen comments that the last third or so of the standby line did not get in and had to wait for the next show. Granted, crowd levels typically go down over the next few weeks (or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part because I go from August 12-20 :) ) but the last time we went in August, the same held true despite lower crowd levels. The air conditioning makes it extra popular.

What is the usual amount of time to wait in line for genie+? My experience with FP was usually not more than 15minutes. Is it the same?

What is the usual amount of time to wait in line for genie+? My experience with FP was usually not more than 15minutes. Is it the same?
It can be, but it depends on a lot of factors. One of them is if the ride went down before your G+ time. When that happens and the ride is back up, sometimes the G+ line can be quite long. Another is if the ride breaks down while you're in line. Then you could wait a while before being told that the ride's broken and you can't wait anymore. At that point, you'll get a multi-ride G+, but you still will have waited.

In general, though, the lines are pretty short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter