Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Argh, MDE so glitchy for me this morning. My flight gets in at around 6:40 pm, and I’m planning to do the deluxe hours tonight. Bought a $LL for as late as I could manage - I had 8:50-9:50 and that wouldn’t go through, tried 8:45-9:45, and same thing. Wound up getting 8:35-9:35, which also said it didn’t go through (never did get a receipt), but shows up in MDE as booked, I only noticed when it wouldn’t let me book another. I took some screenshots ;)! So I deleted and reinstalled the app to be safe, and wound up in one of those stupid password/code loops on my phone. Finally reset my password, so hopefully this will be the last glitchfest this week. Somehow, I doubt it… 🤣

For travel in August
I plan to start the day in AK and hop to Epcot. At 7am, I want to get a Remy LL for after 2pm. This will mean I cannot pick another LL until 11am (2 hours after Epcot opens). Can I pick rides from AK for these LL, or do I have to continue to pick Epcot rides?

I'm kind of assuming that by 11am, I'm not likely to get a Test Track LL. If it is available, I'd take it. It seems other than Frozen, the remaining LL rides at Epcot are not particularly hard to come by. I might as well use a few at AK before I start stacking at Epcot.

Does this seem to make sense?

Thanks for your input.
Keep something in mind. You absolutely can make LL selections at AK (with a park hopper pass, of course) later in the day. But you will not be able to select a LL attraction in AK until the return time for that attraction has reached 2PM. That's probably not going to be an issue for bigger attractions at AK, by 11AM, but is something to keep in mind. And if you're planning to do Remy at EPCOT after 2PM, that means you're planning to hop later. I'd recommend making your LL at AK as soon as you can, and then making use of the modify feature to push it out later in the afternoon/evening. There are details of using modify all throughout this post. If you use modify, your '2-hr window' doesn't reset, even if you change the time. If you cancel and rebook, the window restarts, and it's not very efficient. Good luck!

Keep something in mind. You absolutely can make LL selections at AK (with a park hopper pass, of course) later in the day. But you will not be able to select a LL attraction in AK until the return time for that attraction has reached 2PM. That's probably not going to be an issue for bigger attractions at AK, by 11AM, but is something to keep in mind. And if you're planning to do Remy at EPCOT after 2PM, that means you're planning to hop later. I'd recommend making your LL at AK as soon as you can, and then making use of the modify feature to push it out later in the afternoon/evening. There are details of using modify all throughout this post. If you use modify, your '2-hr window' doesn't reset, even if you change the time. If you cancel and rebook, the window restarts, and it's not very efficient. Good luck!
123SA said they are starting their day at AK. Therefore, when making an AK Genie+ LL reservation at 11:00, they will not be limited to return times after 2:00.

123SA said they are starting their day at AK. Therefore, when making an AK Genie+ LL reservation at 11:00, they will not be limited to return times after 2:00.
Yes, they did..... can't see the forest for the trees sometimes...... This makes much better sense now! Apologies.....! Think I'll sign off for the day....!!

For travel in August
I plan to start the day in AK and hop to Epcot. At 7am, I want to get a Remy LL for after 2pm. This will mean I cannot pick another LL until 11am (2 hours after Epcot opens). Can I pick rides from AK for these LL, or do I have to continue to pick Epcot rides?

I'm kind of assuming that by 11am, I'm not likely to get a Test Track LL. If it is available, I'd take it. It seems other than Frozen, the remaining LL rides at Epcot are not particularly hard to come by. I might as well use a few at AK before I start stacking at Epcot.

Does this seem to make sense?

Thanks for your input.
Test Track has been lasting past 11:00 most days lately. I don't imagine things will be any worse in August.

1687361254952.png

last time I used Genie+ I was able to get another selection after tapping in for first choic. Today I had LL for PP at 10:15-11:15 so at 11:00 I was able to get 2nd LL for HM and than I used LL for PP at 11:14 am and thought I would be able to get an additional LL after I tapped in 2nd time for PP but TIp screen showed I couldn’t get another LL until 1:00 pm
so are you no longer able to get new LL selection after tapping in for previous selection?

last time I used Genie+ I was able to get another selection after tapping in for first choic. Today I had LL for PP at 10:15-11:15 so at 11:00 I was able to get 2nd LL for HM and than I used LL for PP at 11:14 am and thought I would be able to get an additional LL after I tapped in 2nd time for PP but TIp screen showed I couldn’t get another LL until 1:00 pm
so are you no longer able to get new LL selection after tapping in for previous selection?
I believe you can get another after 2 hours or when you’ve tapped into the last LL that was booked.

"Beginning June 27, guests at Walt Disney World will now purchase Disney Genie+ service based on how they want to visit. Guests can select either a single-park or multiple-park option, subject to availability. With this update, prices may now be lower at some Walt Disney World theme parks than at others. Guests will continue to be able to purchase Disney Genie+ service through the My Disney Experience app on the day of their visit."

I can't find the Disney source but this story has been picked up by all the blogs/websites.

Beginning June 27, guests at Walt Disney World will now purchase Disney Genie+ service based on how they want to visit. Guests can select either a single-park or multiple-park option, subject to availability. With this update, prices may now be lower at some Walt Disney World theme parks than at others. Guests will continue to be able to purchase Disney Genie+ service through the My Disney Experience app on the day of their visit.
So, Genie + will cost more if you want to park hop and use it at 2 parks?

What a complete joke. So first, something that was free for everyone, became price based. When you bought genie plus, you can use it at any park during the day. Now they want to charge you for being able to use it at more then one park a day. Mark my words, prices will be the same or higher. You won't save anything. So sick of this genie plus crap, and nickle and diming all the time. People think Iger is better, when in reality, its all the same crap. This whole system was in development before Chapek

Bring back the free ones, AND STOP MAKING PEOPLE WAKE UP AT 7:00AM EVERY DAMN DAY TO BUY IT OR GET VQ of their vacation
This should be a fun read for a couple of days.

Disney apologists vs. Disney doubters.

PS: Off to Neverland: not a dis on you, you're post is just the jumping point.

I'm not sure which links are okay to post. If you google it and search the past 24 hours you get a bunch of returns. One article already had the prices.

Here’s what the prices will be next Tuesday, June 27, 2023 when this goes into effect:
  • Multiple Parks option will be $27.
  • Magic Kingdom will be $27.
  • Epcot will be $18
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be $24
  • Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be $16.

"Beginning June 27, guests at Walt Disney World will now purchase Disney Genie+ service based on how they want to visit. Guests can select either a single-park or multiple-park option, subject to availability. With this update, prices may now be lower at some Walt Disney World theme parks than at others. Guests will continue to be able to purchase Disney Genie+ service through the My Disney Experience app on the day of their visit."

I can't find the Disney source but this story has been picked up by all the blogs/websites.
So much for making the whole process simpler. You need one of those fancy calculators the high school kids use for calculus to figure out how much its all going to cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter