Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I’ve been reading this thread chunk by chunk trying to absorb it all but at this point my brain is Jello. It’s too much. Yes, I did read the first page.

My question is this: I am staying on property in September. And will purchase Genie+. At 7am I would like to A) get a VQ for Tron. B) get a LL for Seven Dwarves Mine Train. C) purchase a ILL for Tron with a nighttime return time.

Is that the right succession and can I do all those things at 7am? I think I’m confused about whether I can get a VQ and then immediately try to get a regular LL or is I have to wait 2 hours. Thanks.

I’ve been reading this thread chunk by chunk trying to absorb it all but at this point my brain is Jello. It’s too much. Yes, I did read the first page.

My question is this: I am staying on property in September. And will purchase Genie+. At 7am I would like to A) get a VQ for Tron. B) get a LL for Seven Dwarves Mine Train. C) purchase a ILL for Tron with a nighttime return time.

Is that the right succession and can I do all those things at 7am? I think I’m confused about whether I can get a VQ and then immediately try to get a regular LL or is I have to wait 2 hours. Thanks.
I would recommend doing A, C, B except you need to know that SDMT is an ILL$ too, not an LL.

I just came to this thread with the same question. We are using 1 day of our 3-day complimentary tickets and hoping we don't have an issue adding Genie+.

We also will be using the 2-days left on our 9-day tickets from last September. The 2-days remain because Disney closed for two days for Hurricane Ian last year. These tickets have Genie+ already added.
When are you going? We'll be there at the end of July, so if we go first, I will let you know!

Reactions: rlk
When are you going? We'll be there at the end of July, so if we go first, I will let you know!
We will be there starting July 10. I will let you know how it works out.

I have the comp ticket attached to our arrival day which is Epcot, so not too bad if we can't purchase Genie+

As has already been pointed out, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is an ILL, not Genie+. At 7:00, or as quickly thereafter as you can manage it, you can book a VQ, up to two ILLs, and a Genie+ LL. The VQ is definitely the top priority. From the others, the priority depends on how picky you are about the return times you would be getting. If you want your first Genie+ LL to be as early as possible, I'd make that your second priority. Especially in September, you should have no problem buying ILLs with a wide choice of return times.

You don't have to wait two hours. The 2-hour rule applies to selecting more Genie+ LL, and then only if you don't tap in, cancel, or have the G+ LL expire earlier.

As has already been pointed out, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is an ILL, not Genie+. At 7:00, or as quickly thereafter as you can manage it, you can book a VQ, up to two ILLs, and a Genie+ LL. The VQ is definitely the top priority. From the others, the priority depends on how picky you are about the return times you would be getting. If you want your first Genie+ LL to be as early as possible, I'd make that your second priority. Especially in September, you should have no problem buying ILLs with a wide choice of return times.

You don't have to wait two hours. The 2-hour rule applies to selecting more Genie+ LL, and then only if you don't tap in, cancel, or have the G+ LL expire earlier.
This was very helpful. Thank you!

When booking ILL$ for linked friends, who gets charged for the ILL$?

I'm guessing the person who is booking will be the one paying, and then they would have to collect the money from the linked guests. Is that correct?

I can’t find the answer to this specific question but I know it must be here:

Can I buy an ILL for a park for which I do not have a reservation?

Scenario: want to go to AK in the AM so need a reservation, but want to buy ILL for Tron for that evening.

Thx

YES!! If you're a resort guest you can do this at 7am, if not resort guest you would have to wait till park open to purchase ILL. and obviously you will only be offered times after 2pm (park hoping)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter