Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

$35?? Yikes. I had plans to purchase G+ for my trip in a couple of weeks but I'm now reconfiguring my park plans to avoid that. We're not usually rope drop people but maybe we are now! 🤣

Wasn't sure when they'd bump it over that temporary $29 high-bar that was the max for months. But I guess even at $29, it sold out in several hours yesterday, and the holiday week certainly isn't going to diminish crowds or demand this week. $35 per person is steep. And yet I wouldn't be surprised to see it go higher this week with the crowds, or even sell out again. It'll also be interesting to see how far it comes down again after the holiday.

But Iger thought prices in the parks had been pushed too high. Wonder if Chapek came back for the day to institute this latest price increase.

Please keep this thread on topic of how to use and, questions about Genie, Genie+ and ILL$. If you wish to discuss concerns, disappointments, etc., please create a thread in the TPAS Community board.

Additional posts re: disappointment, frustration, etc. will be deleted.

Thanks.

Sorry if this is asked but hoping to get some clarification. We will be taking my brother on our upcoming trip. If we make a genie+ selection for him and he decides not to ride, can I cancel that selection without resetting the 2 hour window for him? I think it would be too hard to modify that selection to try and match with whatever selection we are making next for the rest of the family. Or do I take his magic band and just tap it when the rest of us go through the ride?

Sorry if this is asked but hoping to get some clarification. We will be taking my brother on our upcoming trip. If we make a genie+ selection for him and he decides not to ride, can I cancel that selection without resetting the 2 hour window for him? I think it would be too hard to modify that selection to try and match with whatever selection we are making next for the rest of the family. Or do I take his magic band and just tap it when the rest of us go through the ride?
Canceling his most-recently-booked G+ LL and booking something else resets his 2-hour clock. Once his most-recently-booked G+ LL is canceled, his next time to book will be "Now" until he books something else. So, perhaps canceling his G+ LL and not booking a replacement until you can book him and the rest of the family together is the solution. Canceling a G+ LL that was not his most-recently-booked one will not affect his 2-hour clock.

Canceling his most-recently-booked G+ LL and booking something else resets his 2-hour clock. Once his most-recently-booked G+ LL is canceled, his next time to book will be "Now" until he books something else. So, perhaps canceling his G+ LL and not booking a replacement until you can book him and the rest of the family together is the solution. Canceling a G+ LL that was not his most-recently-booked one will not affect his 2-hour clock.
Thanks for the information! Sorry maybe I wasn't clear in my ask. Say I book tower of terror for all 5 of us. Then he decides not to ride. If the other 4 of us ride, and I cancel his G+ (not book something else, just cancel it and he waits for us), when I get off the ride, can I then book another ride for all 5 of us?

Thanks for the information! Sorry maybe I wasn't clear in my ask. Say I book tower of terror for all 5 of us. Then he decides not to ride. If the other 4 of us ride, and I cancel his G+ (not book something else, just cancel it and he waits for us), when I get off the ride, can I then book another ride for all 5 of us?
Yes.

Yes. In fact, technically, you could book something for all 5 of you as soon as you tap to get into TOT.

I’m getting myself a bit confused when trying to figure out what I must do at 7am.

I plan to purchase Genie+ well before 7am.

I wanted to use both Lightening Lanes and ILLs.

I also want to get into virtual ques for applicable rides, which I’m confused as which ones are.

How would you set yourself up for a day at a park?
What do I do first?

Thank you!!!

It may vary a bit depending on which parks you are doing which days... But I would prioritize in this order:

-Buy Genie+ before 7 am
-Try for Virtual Queue right at 7 am (Guardians Cosmic Rewind, Tron)
-Buy very popular ILLs that you want (esp if getting Tron or Guardians they may go quick)
-Book your first Genie+ ride
-Go back to sleep! (if you are anything like me)

You can also try for the VQ at 1 pm if you are in that park at that time.

I’m getting myself a bit confused when trying to figure out what I must do at 7am.

I plan to purchase Genie+ well before 7am.

I wanted to use both Lightening Lanes and ILLs.

I also want to get into virtual ques for applicable rides, which I’m confused as which ones are.

How would you set yourself up for a day at a park?
What do I do first?

Thank you!!!
If you could share your park plans that would help with designing a course if action.

Reading posts on page 1 assists with Genie+ and ILL$ works. Info about Virtual Queues can be found here.

We are spending one day at Disney before our next Disney Cruise in May (Sunday, May 7th to be exact) and will start day at Magic Kingdom and hop to Epcot (staying onsite)

Here is my 7am plan:
#1: Attempt to get VBG for Tron
#2: If not, then book ILL for Tron
#3: Book ILL for Guardians
#4: Book Genie+ LL for Remy's (for later in the evening)

Just wondering about the order of #3 and #4. Also, how can I try to book Guardians and Remy's for after 2pm? Do I just keep refreshing until the times get later?

The 120 minute rule starts after the official park opening of 9am (not early entry 8:30am), is that correct? So I should plan that we can book our next Epcot Genie Plus at 11am?

Last edited:
We are spending one day at Disney before our next Disney Cruise in May (Sunday, May 7th to be exact) and will start day at Magic Kingdom and hop to Epcot (staying onsite)

Here is my 7am plan:

Just wondering about the order of #3 and #4. Also, how can I try to book Guardians and Remy's for after 2pm? Do I just keep refreshing until the times get later?

The 120 minute rule starts after the official park opening of 9am (not early entry 8:30am), is that correct? So I should plan that we can book our next Epcot Genie Plus at 11am?

I would recommend booking Remy before Guardians, but it probably doesn't make much difference. Remy's return time will move out to later than 2pm pretty quickly.

Since Guardians is an ILL, you will get your choice of time for it.

Yes, the 120 minute rule starts from regular opening time (not early entry).

You can have two or more of you logged into the same account booking VQ, ILL, and LL, if you want.

Here is my 7am plan:

I’d recommend putting Remy as your number two. We were just there last week and the g+ for Remy went super fast. Paid $LL for Guardians lasted longer as did paid $LL for Tron. So I’d do the boarding group attempt first, then Remy, then Tron $LL and then guardians $LL. Just my opinion.

Can someone remind me--if I book my first LL at my 2nd non-reserved park does my 2 hour clock start when that park opens or when my 1st/reserved park opens?

Can someone remind me--if I book my first LL at my 2nd non-reserved park does my 2 hour clock start when that park opens or when my 1st/reserved park opens?
Whichever park you book your very first LL of the day in is the park they will track the opening time for. So if you are going to EPCOT first, but book a LL in MK for after 2, it track's MK's opening time.

Whichever park you book your very first LL of the day in is the park they will track the opening time for. So if you are going to EPCOT first, but book a LL in MK for after 2, it track's MK's opening time.
Thank you so much. That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter