• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Are you only able to "pin" your top attraction on your actual park day. We visit in a few days and I am unable to pin my top attraction. I am trying to practice with the app.

Thank you!

Anybody else having trouble seeing any availability this morning? Looking at MDE Tip Board but not seeing any Genie+ return times at

It has been doing that for the last couple of days. I would love to know if people with Genie+ for the day had issues between 7:00 and 7:30 this week.
I had the same problem again this morning, no genie+ availability showing up anywhere until about 7:30. Hopefully, this isn't an issue next week when we are in the parks :(

Just looking at the (not so) new Genie system after years of FP. To be sure I understand, we are now expected to wake up EVERYDAY at 7 am and start playing with our phones??
Not a requirement, you can wake up at any time after 7. However, yes, there are certain rides that do require you to be on asap or miss out.

Prefaced with, I HATE G+ with the white hot intensity of 10,000 suns...

But can someone explain how one successfully stacks G+ for a late afternoon/evening park arrival? You can't choose times like old FP+, so how do I get times for later in the day??

The ONLY reason I'm even considering it is because we are driving to WDW and sitting in the car doing nothing from 7am until we check in around 1pm,and have plans to hit MK after check in at BLT. So if I'm sitting doing nothing o won't mind so much setting an alarm for every 2 hours to pull a new G+.

But if I just have to sit there refreshing over and over at 9am until times get late enough to be useful to me on one ride, aren't all the other rides selling out too? Let's say I refresh over and over until GM shows a 2pm return time, 2 hours later the other times may be well into the 5pm or later period no?

Help me figure this out and learn to hate G+ less (like only 5,000 suns).

You have to refresh until times get out that far. Jungle cruise and Peter pan usually get to the afternoon times at some point in the soon after 7.

Last edited:
You have to refresh until times get out that far. Jungle cruise and Peter pan usually get to the afternoon times at some point in the morning.

Yep! By 7:05 this morning, Jungle Cruise LL time was into the afternoon.

And then by 1100 time to book second LL, there will be a number of afternoon attractions available.

What is the best strategy for Genie+ and ILL at HS if taking advantage of ETPE? Is it best to try to get a LL for ROTR first then try for ILL if we don't get it, try for the ILL first, or should we get LL for something else at 7 a.m. and go straight to ROTR at ETPE, which is 8 a.m. the day we will be there? ROTR and MFSR are the top rides we want to do because we have not been since Galaxy's Edge opened. We have ridden on everything else that is open at ETPE.

When the purchasing window opens up at 7:00AM, are you able to choose a time before you purchase? I am heading to Hollywood Studios Saturday morning. I want to try to get Rise but we are leaving the park around 11:30 and spending the evening in Epcot. I would like to have a morning time. I don't want to hit purchase and then have only afternoon/evening times.

When the purchasing window opens up at 7:00AM, are you able to choose a time before you purchase? I am heading to Hollywood Studios Saturday morning. I want to try to get Rise but we are leaving the park around 11:30 and spending the evening in Epcot. I would like to have a morning time. I don't want to hit purchase and then have only afternoon/evening times.
For an ILL, you choose a time before purchase. If morning times don't show up, it would be because others have already purchased those times.

Prefaced with, I HATE G+ with the white hot intensity of 10,000 suns...

But can someone explain how one successfully stacks G+ for a late afternoon/evening park arrival? You can't choose times like old FP+, so how do I get times for later in the day??

The ONLY reason I'm even considering it is because we are driving to WDW and sitting in the car doing nothing from 7am until we check in around 1pm,and have plans to hit MK after check in at BLT. So if I'm sitting doing nothing o won't mind so much setting an alarm for every 2 hours to pull a new G+.

But if I just have to sit there refreshing over and over at 9am until times get late enough to be useful to me on one ride, aren't all the other rides selling out too? Let's say I refresh over and over until GM shows a 2pm return time, 2 hours later the other times may be well into the 5pm or later period no?

Help me figure this out and learn to hate G+ less (like only 5,000 suns).
Post 5 of this thread offers stacking assistance as do some posts in the past few pages of this thread.

When we stacked we kept an eye out prior to our trip so see how quickly LL return times climbed. Using that information we stacked LL reservations for when we wanted to arrive in the park or later.

If you're going to the MK around 1PM, depending on what time the park opens you will have 2 or 3 opportunities to stack prior to your arrival. 7am, 2 hours after park opening and potentially 2 hours after that. Attractions that climb fastest for MK are Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan.

What is the best strategy for Genie+ and ILL at HS if taking advantage of ETPE? Is it best to try to get a LL for ROTR first then try for ILL if we don't get it, try for the ILL first, or should we get LL for something else at 7 a.m. and go straight to ROTR at ETPE, which is 8 a.m. the day we will be there? ROTR and MFSR are the top rides we want to do because we have not been since Galaxy's Edge opened. We have ridden on everything else that is open at ETPE.
Currently there is no LL for RotR. Either paid $ILL or standby.

Has anyone’s genie show the wrong park? We will be at AK on Monday, but it keeps showing Epcot. All the other days are correct, and it shows the right ADRs and rides for animal kingdom. But it also shows for epcot too when I scroll down. When I go to edit my selections I have Animal Kingdom checked and my park reservation is at AK. Will this mess me up when I go to book my genie+ LL on that day? I don’t want to miss out on something becuase I have to go in and choose my park if it defaults to epcot.

Attachments

• C9CB4454-79E1-4455-9762-3F508B042BDE.png
    C9CB4454-79E1-4455-9762-3F508B042BDE.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 6
I had the same problem again this morning, no genie+ availability showing up anywhere until about 7:30. Hopefully, this isn't an issue next week when we are in the parks :(
Happened again today nothing populated until around 7:30. Hopefully this is only affecting people without a park reservation for that day and I won’t have the same issue starting Saturday when we do have park reservations

Here now and my mind is a blank! I know they are still allowing late arrivals for GotG boarding groups…..
But are you allowed to arrive late (beyond the 15 minute grace period) for a purchased, individual lightening lane? Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter