Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Has anyone heard about ILL's possibly changing after Aug. 7? For example, Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway is a Genie+ option now, but may be moved to the ILL choices? There were other rides in other parks as well. We are going Aug 12.
I'm going around the same time and wondering the same thing. I guess the lack of an announcement means they will probably go back to ILL?

I hope they leave it, it seems like it really stabilized the system and had led to more people being satisfied with availability. Especially since they’ll need that bandwidth with the holidays in a few months anyway right?

My hope is they leave it as is with just one ILL and the rest in G+. Guest satisfaction concerned WDW enough to make the June 8 changes. It’d be a step backwards to reduce availability going into the fall and holiday crowds.

Has anyone heard about ILL's possibly changing after Aug. 7? For example, Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway is a Genie+ option now, but may be moved to the ILL choices? There were other rides in other parks as well. We are going Aug 12.
At this time the 4 attractions are going back to ILL$ attractions. Any changes to that will be talked about on the boards for sure.

I keep seeing people say they are practicing with G+, but how? I can't seem to use it without a ticket/park res.

I keep seeing people say they are practicing with G+, but how? I can't seem to use it without a ticket/park res.
I’m guessing you would need at least a park reservation to practice. I don’t have a ticket or reservation and the only thing I can do to ‘practice’ is select a LL but I cannot get any further than that.

I’m not sure, but maybe just seeing what is available when. Before my trip in March I’d look early then every couple hours just to see what was available. It was very helpful. That way I knew which rides seemed to go faster than others and which ones I should prioritize.

Hi everyone,
Probably stupid question but we just booked a last minute trip 8/10 to 8/12. If I want to make an individual lightning lane for 8/10 and we are en route to parks will I be able to make it at 7am since I'm staying on property that night but may physically still be an hour away from parks. Or do would I have to wait for park open.

Thanks in advance

I haven’t been following this closely, but does anyone know if the « add another guest » feature works for genie+?
We are going as a large group (14) and I am wondering if I could book for 10-12 then add the guests that were not included in the first drop?

71FE25E4-F4EE-44F1-9D71-3B606D1E469B.jpeg
Screenshot from Disneyfoodblog.com

So I updated MDE this morning around 6:45. Now I don't show any LL times as options! I am arriving in 5 days, so naturally I am freaking out. Any suggestions? Delete app and reload maybe?

Anybody else having trouble seeing any availability this morning? Looking at MDE Tip Board but not seeing any Genie+ return times at all.
It’s showing times for me today, but yesterday afternoon was very glitchy with no availability showing for me at HS.

I saw that too earlier but now can see them. I initially thought it was because I didn’t have tickets for today (like an update that changed how you see availability)

Hi everyone,
Probably stupid question but we just booked a last minute trip 8/10 to 8/12. If I want to make an individual lightning lane for 8/10 and we are en route to parks will I be able to make it at 7am since I'm staying on property that night but may physically still be an hour away from parks. Or do would I have to wait for park open.

Thanks in advance
You should be able to do it at 7:00. You're considered a resort guest on both your check-in and checkout days. Doing an online check-in ahead of time might help, but shouldn't be necessary.

I saw that too earlier but now can see them. I initially thought it was because I didn’t have tickets for today (like an update that changed how you see availability)
I have tickets and park reservations for next week, I’ve been able to see LL times all week, doing some planning. I checked at 7am EST this morning and could not see times. At about 7:30 am Tip Board started to populate. Hope that’s not the case when I’m there next week and have Genie + purchased for the day.

I have tickets and park reservations for next week, I’ve been able to see LL times all week, doing some planning. I checked at 7am EST this morning and could not see times. At about 7:30 am Tip Board started to populate. Hope that’s not the case when I’m there next week and have Genie + purchased for the day.
It has been doing that for the last couple of days. I would love to know if people with Genie+ for the day had issues between 7:00 and 7:30 this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter