Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

First WDW visit in three years ... so much has changed!!

G+, I understand it cannot be purchased in advance - has it ever sold out? Do I really need to be up at 12:01 am to buy G+ and then 7am to book my first LL?

G+, I understand it cannot be purchased in advance - has it ever sold out? Do I really need to be up at 12:01 am to buy G+ and then 7am to book my first LL?

I haven't read any reports of G+ being unavailable for purchase. I definitely wouldn't stay up past midnight just for the sake of purchasing it.

That was exactly going to be my question... lol.

So I can i just purchase Genie+ in the morning when i book my LL... so they haven't run out yet why not let you get them in advance like before i wonder...

Good to know since I have to get up at the but crack of dawn to book my VQ and LL... o_O

That was exactly going to be my question... lol.

So I can i just purchase Genie+ in the morning when i book my LL... so they haven't run out yet why not let you get them in advance like before i wonder...

Good to know since I have to get up at the but crack of dawn to book my VQ and LL... o_O
Maybe the CMs who had to answer the phone at 6 AM (when someone with an AP couldn’t buy Genie+ because other members of their party had bought it in advance) rebelled and said, fix the problem! And since IT couldn’t fix it, they decided to reduce the frequency of the problem by reducing and eventually eliminating the number of parties that had that issue.

I am sure this has been covered here ad-nauseum, but as if a trip to MK or even DCL wasn't already complicated enuf with all the options and getting into dining etc, scheduling this and that and now you have to wake up at 645am to get into a VQ or LL... it really plays into the whole Disney OCD syndrome. It's like on steroids now. :oops:

What?

If you are not showing up until later in the morning I would prefer stacking. Which you just want to lock the first ride in by opening.
My friends from the west coast find it easier at the beginning of their trip to sleep in a bit while adjusting to the time change and close the parks..

Waking up at 7AM feels like 4AM to some.

My friends from the west coast find it easier at the beginning of their trip to sleep in a bit while adjusting to the time change and close the parks..

Waking up at 7AM feels like 4AM to some.

Correct but waking up at 7am really is only a thing if you want rope drop times.

I don't have extensive experience at this point but if we are not rope dropping we found success just stacking which meant today we needed to lock in MK by 9am which we did as late as possible to get a Genie+ as late as possible.

Honestly think this new system works better for west coasters as you never have to wake up until right before the park would open then go back to sleep for 2 hours.

4th of July this week and have had no issues getting it.

When I went in November 2021, It did not let me buy genie+ minutes before 7am. It sucked because then I had to buy it when I get my first one.

Maybe it is fixed by now, or maybe I was doing it wrong.

Also, has Disney say anything about going back to 2 ILL per park after August 7, 2022?

When I went in November 2021, It did not let me buy genie+ minutes before 7am. It sucked because then I had to buy it when I get my first one.

Maybe it is fixed by now, or maybe I was doing it wrong.

Also, has Disney say anything about going back to 2 ILL per park after August 7, 2022?
What you experienced us not the norm unless you are an AP who was travelling with guests who added G+ for length of stay to their tickets. Those can cause problems before 7AM.

There have been no further announcements about Aug 7 so unless Disney makes a formal announcement it’s anticipated they’ll go back to 2 in each park.

My husband and I are going on a 10-day trip starting September 30, 2022, staying on property for early entry, with park hopper & genie plus every day. We have reservations to attend each park twice. We will also purchase individual lightening lane for eligible rides. We only plan to watch the firework show once by attending the firework dessert party.

We will not attend parades, shows, or certain rides for children (ex: mad tea cup). This is my first visit to Disneyworld and my husband’s second (his last trip was in 2011). Our plan and priority are to ride the ones listed below. As a first timer all of this is overwhelming and any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank You in Advance.

Based on our trip details I have four questions:

Is it better to stack or not? I have heard a lot about stacking, but not the alternative.

For each park, If I purchase ILL, what rides should I go on at early entry. What rides should I stack LL.

If I stack LL for the afternoon, what time should I schedule dinner? I was planning on eating at 7:30pm at table service restaurants.

Is Early entry different than rope drop? In my research it appears that it is, but sometimes the term seems to be used interchangeably.

MK

• Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Peter Pans Flight
  • Splash Mountain
  • Big thunder mountain railroad
  • Space Mountain
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • The Barnstormer
  • Jungle Cruise

AK

• Na’vi River Journey
  • Kilimanjaro
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Expedition Everest
  • Dinosaur

HS

• Rise of the resistance
  • Millennium Falcon
  • Slinky Dog dash
  • Rock n Roller
  • Tower of Terror
  • Mickey Runaway railway
  • Star Tours
  • Lightning McQueen

Epcot

• Guardians of the galazy
  • Remy Ratatouille
  • Mission Space
  • Spaceship earth
  • Test Track
  • Soarin around the world

You should probably wait until August 7th for the list of rides. Some currently included in G+ might go back to ILL.
Rope Drop is to enter the park as early as you can (at official park opening for off-site, or at early entry time for on-site guests).

My husband and I are going on a 10-day trip starting September 30, 2022, staying on property for early entry, with park hopper & genie plus every day. We have reservations to attend each park twice. We will also purchase individual lightening lane for eligible rides. We only plan to watch the firework show once by attending the firework dessert party.

We will not attend parades, shows, or certain rides for children (ex: mad tea cup). This is my first visit to Disneyworld and my husband’s second (his last trip was in 2011). Our plan and priority are to ride the ones listed below. As a first timer all of this is overwhelming and any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank You in Advance.

Based on our trip details I have four questions:

Is it better to stack or not? I have heard a lot about stacking, but not the alternative.

For each park, If I purchase ILL, what rides should I go on at early entry. What rides should I stack LL.

If I stack LL for the afternoon, what time should I schedule dinner? I was planning on eating at 7:30pm at table service restaurants.

Is Early entry different than rope drop? In my research it appears that it is, but sometimes the term seems to be used interchangeably.

MK

• Haunted Mansion
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Peter Pans Flight
  • Splash Mountain
  • Big thunder mountain railroad
  • Space Mountain
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • The Barnstormer
  • Jungle Cruise

AK

• Na’vi River Journey
  • Kilimanjaro
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Expedition Everest
  • Dinosaur

HS

• Rise of the resistance
  • Millennium Falcon
  • Slinky Dog dash
  • Rock n Roller
  • Tower of Terror
  • Mickey Runaway railway
  • Star Tours
  • Lightning McQueen

Epcot

• Guardians of the galazy
  • Remy Ratatouille
  • Mission Space
  • Spaceship earth
  • Test Track
  • Soarin around the world
To get answers about your specific trip, it would be best to create this post as an individual thread in the ‘Theme Park Plans’ sub-forum as this thread is intended for general topics that will help all as opposed to specifics about your trip. People in that forum are happy to assist with specifics for individual trips.

- When Annual Passholders are attempting to purchase Genie+, they may encounter a glitch IF the other people on their reservation have:
- regular park tickets AND- those guests purchased Genie+ for length of stay for their tickets
I have a trip coming up as an AP holder where I will have a guest on my room reservation who does NOT have park ticket (or Genie+, obviously). I'm guessing I should be fine but does anyone have experience with this and purchasing Genie+ daily for just yourself?

We're staying at a Disney Springs hotel for our upcoming trip and planning on doing early entry. Can you book $ILL once you tap into a park or at that park's true opening time? Thank you.

I have a trip coming up as an AP holder where I will have a guest on my room reservation who does NOT have park ticket (or Genie+, obviously). I'm guessing I should be fine but does anyone have experience with this and purchasing Genie+ daily for just yourself?
You will be fine. I had an AP last December and was able to buy Genie+ even though others in my villa did not have park reservations for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter