• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I have a question about this rule (taken from the sticky on Page 1): If the first LL is booked at 7AM for a park you are hopping to after 2:00, you will be eligible to book a 2nd LL 2 hours after the park where you booked your first LL opens.

My question: Can this rule be used in the following way?

AK will be opening at 8AM during my upcoming August (2022) trip. If I start my day at Epcot (and do Early Entry Rope Drop) with plans to hop to AK in the afternoon, and make my first G+ selection at 7AM for a ride in AK, will my next chance to use G+ at Epcot be at 10AM?

I hope this question makes sense, thanks!

Can someone verify:

If I were to get G+ for a day where there is Deluxe Extended Hours in the evening can I book during that time or not? I don't believe we can but just verifying. This would also apply for the ILL as well correct as they are only available during the regular park hours.

Can someone verify:

If I were to get G+ for a day where there is Deluxe Extended Hours in the evening can I book during that time or not? I don't believe we can but just verifying. This would also apply for the ILL as well correct as they are only available during the regular park hours.
Correct. No G+ nor ILL$ during extended evening hours.

Heading to MK tomorrow night utilizing EEH Do you know if you can make Genie+ selections during the EEH from 11:00to 1:00?
Thank you!

One other question I know things have changed recently.

Is Genie+ worse during extra busy times like this coming weekend for 4th? I know back in December people had issues but think they redid the balance of how many passes they sell.

According to my TP subscription, we will be in Disney during a low-crowd time. Is Genie+ needed when crowds are estimated to be on the low side?

I have read about the STACKING strategy but I cant get around the idea that if you are trying to stack, wont there be many rides "SOLD OUT" before you can stack? For instance.... lets say at 7am for HS you Get SDD. Now at 9AM dont you risk rides that aare already out of G+ access that you cant stack?

I have read about the STACKING strategy but I cant get around the idea that if you are trying to stack, wont there be many rides "SOLD OUT" before you can stack? For instance.... lets say at 7am for HS you Get SDD. Now at 9AM dont you risk rides that aare already out of G+ access that you cant stack?
Just to note that unless HS opened at 7am that day you cannot get another LL at 9am. I believe the refresh method helps obtain more LLs throughout the day.

According to my TP subscription, we will be in Disney during a low-crowd time. Is Genie+ needed when crowds are estimated to be on the low side?
Really kinda depends. Everything is constantly evolving with Disney since the Pandemic. In my opinion, crowd calendars aren't too reliable when it comes to predicting actual crowd sizes and how full the parks will be. This is mainly thanks to park reservations, more people comfortable with traveling, etc.

That being said, now that you can only buy G+ on each day of your trip, you can play by ear and decide right before the trip if you might want to use it. It's helpful to take a look at wait times throughout the day a couple times just before the trip to get a good idea of what your waits could be. I would use something like touring plans or thrill data though to get more accurate times compared to mde.

Here is some historical data gleaned from thrill-data.com which shows when rides have "sold out"
https://www.genieplushelper.com/genie-plus-helper/hollywood-studios/

The changes to Genie+, with some ILLs that have been added to Genie+, are supposed to be “through August 7th”
Does that mean the change will occur on august 7th or 8th?
We are planning on being in Epcot on August 7th and wondering if Frozen and Remy will still be part of Genie+
Any thoughts?

The changes to Genie+, with some ILLs that have been added to Genie+, are supposed to be “through August 7th”
Does that mean the change will occur on august 7th or 8th?
We are planning on being in Epcot on August 7th and wondering if Frozen and Remy will still be part of Genie+
Any thoughts?
I would read "through" as meaning "to and including." So, I'd expect them both to be in Genie+ on the 7th. On the 8th, who knows? I do not take it for granted that they'll both revert to ILL on that date. I think Disney is just reserving its options. So far, we've not had three ILLs in a single park on any day, and I don't think Guardians will be leaving ILL on that day. On the 8th, we may have one, two or three ILLs at Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter