Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

First page says two people from your group can be logged into the same MDE account at the same time to make ILL and regular LL reservations at 7 am. Has anyone had good luck with this? Would like to try this at 7 am but don't want things to get buggy at 7 am.
Had good luck with this yesterday as well… Husband joined guardian virtual que while I booked our first LL. We stay on our wireless and do not use resort wi-fi.

I
The “Edit Selections” button was there for me all weekend. I’ll say, crowds did not feel bad all the past three days with the exception being MK.

G+ availability was plentiful, especially when refreshing. Grabbed Remy at 2:40pm for a 3:45 return time after it being booked solid before park open. Rise and Guardians both showed ILL$ availability for sometime.

Husband is logged in as me on his device, so we can both browse simultaneously. He booked Guardians VQ while I booked Guardians ILL$. No glitches, and allowed us to ride in the morning and then the late afternoon.
Got a 6:15 pm for GoTG after 9 am this morning. Woke up 7:30 and forgot to check for ILL$...but appeared several time choices were still available starting at 6:15. Perfect for hopping later!

Have there been any reports of G+ not being available for purchase in the morning? I really don't want to have to stay up until midnight to buy that and then be back up and ready to book stuff at 7am.

Just want to make sure I have this right: Park Reservation for AK ( regular opening 8AM), hopping to HS (regular opening 8:30AM). Buying G+ and trying for TOT first - I know this will give me a time after 2PM. Will the time to make my second G+ be 10:30? That's how I read the first posts here. Or am I wrong and it will be at 10:00AM because my park reservation is at AK?

Can 2 separate MDE accounts book at the same time if the parties are linked? For example, if at 7am I try to book our 1st Genie+ selection and my sister tries to book our first ILL selection, would that work even though we're using different accounts? Thanks!

GoG ride queue question please -

If i can get into the queue at 7am, does that still count as my Genie+ LL option? Or can i get into the queue AND book a LL at 7am?

Secondary question i keep reading different opinions on Genie+ availability. If i book a LL at 7am can i book another at 9am? Or is it 2 hrs after park opening which would be 11 in most cases?

TIA

GoG ride queue question please -

If i can get into the queue at 7am, does that still count as my Genie+ LL option? Or can i get into the queue AND book a LL at 7am?

Secondary question i keep reading different opinions on Genie+ availability. If i book a LL at 7am can i book another at 9am? Or is it 2 hrs after park opening which would be 11 in most cases?

TIA
Guardians of the Galaxy is not available on Genie+. It is possible to get a virtual queue for Guardians and to buy an Individual Lightning Lane for it in the same day. The morning VQ is at 7:00. If staying "onsite," (which includes a few non-Disney hotels), you can buy the ILL at 7:00. If staying offsite, you can buy the ILL at Epcot's park open, which has been 8:30 recently. The VQ and ILL are separate. Getting one does not affect your ability to get the other.

If you book your first Genie+ LL before park open, and the return time is for later than two hours after park open, or you haven't tapped into it by two hours after park open, you can book your next LL two hours after park open. For MK, that's been 11:00 recently. For AK, it's been 10:00. for EP and HS, it's been 10:30.

Thanks for the reply. Understood on the VQ for Gog hence my question: If i can get into the VQ at 7am, can i also book say Remy on the Genie+ at the same time or does the VQ "count" as the Genie+?

And tx for clarifying the 2hr wait after park open.

Thanks for the reply. Understood on the VQ for Gog hence my question: If i can get into the VQ at 7am, can i also book say Remy on the Genie+ at the same time or does the VQ "count" as the Genie+?

And tx for clarifying the 2hr wait after park open.
The VQ is separate from Genie+. You can get both a VQ for Guardians and a G+ for Remy at 7:00.

Lordy! I'm so confused. what is the difference between these two? And they did away with fast pass? I'm not going to Disney until Fall 2023 but I like to be on top of these thing. With two little ones I would like to make sure we get on some of our select rides (so I don't have to hear the complaining lol).
I heard mixed things about Genie+ some like it, some don't.

Thanks!

I'm just back from a successful 3-day trip where I think I did really well maximizing the value of Genie+. This board helped a lot but there was one scenario that I was not prepared for and don't think it is covered in the first few posts. Experience Redemptions.

Here are things I learned from the Guest Experience Team (blue umbrella people) in the park.
  • When a ride breaks down or closes for weather during your Genie+ window you will automatically receive an Experience Redemption that you will be able to see on you Genie My Day tab.
  • The Experience Redemption will be valid for the same park on the same day as the ride that broke or went down. I think the Guest Experience can override this but I'm not 100% sure.
  • There will be a link on the Experience Redemption that will tell you which rides it is good for, usually the top tier rides will be excluded.
  • You don't have to do anything to use your Experience Redemption, just go up to any applicable ride at any time and tap in! (This is the part that I didn't know). It even works at rides that you have already ridden using Genie+.
  • If you have a Genie+ scheduled, make sure to use your Experience Redemption BEFORE you tap into your next normal Genie+, otherwise you will lose it.
I could see a strategy of seeing dark clouds and booking a Genie+ for an outdoor attraction to increase your odds of getting an Experience Redemption.

This is my understanding, anyone with experience with this process please correct anything that I may have got wrong. I hope this helps!

Lordy! I'm so confused. what is the difference between these two? And they did away with fast pass? I'm not going to Disney until Fall 2023 but I like to be on top of these thing. With two little ones I would like to make sure we get on some of our select rides (so I don't have to hear the complaining lol).

Thanks!
A Lightning Lane (LL) is the physical queue for an attraction. Genie + is the new version of FP+ (sort of). Individual Lightning Lanes (ILL$) -also known as Individual Attraction Selections and Fancy Rides* - are the individual attractions that are not included in Genie +. They cost an additional fee.

Both G+ and ILL$ use the LL queues.

*Fancy Rides is not an official Disney term. It was coined by a vlogger in order to clarify the difference between G+ and ILL$ attractions.

Can 2 separate MDE accounts book at the same time if the parties are linked? For example, if at 7am I try to book our 1st Genie+ selection and my sister tries to book our first ILL selection, would that work even though we're using different accounts? Thanks!
Yes, that’s exactly what DD and I did , as long as all members are linked in each of your MDEs you’re fine. In the morning 1 of us booked the ILL the other booked the 1st Genie +. Worked great.

Thanks!
It is complex!

Please read the posts on page 1 of this thread that was created to try and help clear up some of the confusion.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may still have after.

Thanks!
By the time 2023 rolls around I will almost guarantee that the rules around Genie +/lightning lane will change about 100 times so I'm not sure today's advice is going to do any good other than the systems exists and isn't going anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter