Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I've just spent (literally) HOURS reviewing Genie+ info/scenarios. I'd like to ground truth some of what I'm thinking. We will be in WDW with park hoppers from 6/25 - 6/29. Staying at BWV. 2 adults and 2 teen girls.

6/25 - we will be getting off a cruise, so will not arrive until probably around 11:30ish. I'm thinking at 7am two of us try to book RotR, MMRR and SDD for later in the evening with the plan to go to EPCOT first and hit up the F&G food for lunch. Over to Studios later that evening and ride as much as we can manage to book. Does that make sense?

The rest of the days are little fuzzier - a few questions that may help me work things out:

1) Do you think we can get a lot done at AK going after 2 when the park closes at 10? Will ILL FoP, but also want to ride: Everest, Dinosaur, Safari, Na'vi River and see Tough to be a Bug. Would like to see Festival of the Lion King if the timing works. Do you think any of those could be a short stand-by if we stay till park close?

2) How early do we need to get to MK to manage some lower stand-by times? I really dislike the crowding at rope drop, but I want to make the most of our time there and I've read you can get a lot done if you start early by alternating LL with stand by. We also are traveling with a teen (not my child) who is hard to get moving in any particular direction early in the am. Hoping that is not too much of a liability.

3) What attractions would you say LL is needed to avoid longer wait times (pretty much anything over 20-30 minutes will be a no go for us - 15 or less would be ideal).

4) Have not seen Harmonious or Enchantment yet. Where do you all recommend viewing from? Fire Cauldron 13 was our go to for Illuminations (may it live forever in my heart) but France/Morocco doesn't sound great for Harmonious. How long is Enchantment? Can we get any more rides in after it is over?

5) Where is the viewing location when you book LL for the MK Parade? Is it worth doing? 6) How messed up is it going to be if I have ADRs? Dining in WDW is just as important as the attractions for us, but I'm reading that it's pretty hard to plan meals with the unknown return times. Suggestions? I can start booking ADRs on Tuesday so that is why I'm trying to plan my park days and book park reservations.

6) Other things you suggest? Things to think about? I used to consider myself a WDW touring expert and now I'm overwhelmed and honestly just sad. This sounds like it's going to be a giant PIA during the trip. I really enjoyed having a well laid out plan in advance and just enjoying my vacation. Thanks!

Thanks everyone.

You can't get both MMRR and SDD at 7am, because MMRR is not currently an ILL. It is now part of G+. SDD is the one to get at 7am, because it will be gone if you wait until your second LL time for it.

1) Bug and Dinosaur should have short standby waits, and Everest isn't likely to be too bad either. Safari and Navi will have the worst waits, but waits should be shorter close to closing time. Be aware that Safari will stop running before closing time, so you will want to check on it that day.

2) The earlier you can get to MK the better. Tell the teen it's a choice between getting up early or standing in longer lines.

3) If you look at wait times in the app, you'll see 60 or longer waits for many, many attractions, so LL will help you the most on any of them. I recommend studying the data at thrill-data.com to see how early LLs are running out for the attractions of most interest to your group.

You can't get both MMRR and SDD at 7am, because MMRR is not currently an ILL. It is now part of G+. SDD is the one to get at 7am, because it will be gone if you wait until your second LL time for it.
Thanks - I missed that change. I've edited my post to correct that.

Some basic questions:
We were last at WDWin early 2019 under FP system. Concerning Genie+ ride reservations:
1. Do you have to use one Genie+ ride reservation before booking another one?
2. Any limit to the # of rides you can book per day via Genie+ (excluding ILL rides)?
3. What are the current evening EMH parks and days if staying in a deluxe resort? Is the EMH 1 hour or 2?

Thanks, in advance! With all of the changes I feel like a newbie, even tho we've been to WDW 12 times.

Some basic questions:
We were last at WDWin early 2019 under FP system. Concerning Genie+ ride reservations:
2. Any limit to the # of rides you can book per day via Genie+ (excluding ILL rides)?
3. What are the current evening EMH parks and days if staying in a deluxe resort? Is the EMH 1 hour or 2?

Thanks, in advance! With all of the changes I feel like a newbie, even tho we've been to WDW 12 times.
1. No, you do not have to use one before booking another. You become eligible after 2 hours (2 hours from park opening if you booked your first LL before the park opens), OR you become eligible when you use YOUR MOST RECENTLY BOOKED LL (whichever comes first).
2. There is no legal limit, but you will be constrained by the LL availability which will dissipate as the day goes on.

Some basic questions:

Please read the posts on page 1 as there is a lot of information to learn about Genie + and a number of people worked together to create a summary of the new system.

I have a question. I called yesterday to add Genie Plus to my trip for the 2 days of tickets. I received confirmation that I paid but I don't know how to tell that it is actually added to my MDE. Is there a way to check or do you find out as you are trying to get a LL that you have a problem. I did ask when I added and they said after I refreshed my app it would be linked but there is no clue in my app that this was added. Thanks

I have a question. I called yesterday to add Genie Plus to my trip for the 2 days of tickets. I received confirmation that I paid but I don't know how to tell that it is actually added to my MDE. Is there a way to check or do you find out as you are trying to get a LL that you have a problem. I did ask when I added and they said after I refreshed my app it would be linked but there is no clue in my app that this was added. Thanks
Look at your actual park tickets in the app. The tickets will say, now, if Genie+ has been added.

Look at your actual park tickets in the app. The tickets will say, now, if Genie+ has been added.
Thank you SO VERY MUCH. I just checked and you are right it does say it now. Have a great day since you just made mine!

• Love
Reactions: CJK
INDIVIDUAL LIGHTNING LANE STRATEGIES

- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (RotR) at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (DHS) will sell out quickly, so book it first at 7:00 am if you are staying at a Disney resort. Actually Slinky Dog Dash (SDD) will sell out even faster, so if you are booking both, book SDD first. Better yet, two or more of your group can be logged into the app at the same time (either in the same account or separate accounts), and one can book Genie+ for SDD, while the other books and pays for ILL$ for RotR.

- Avatar Flight of Passage (FoP) at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (DAK) will also sell out typically before the park opens, so book it early.

- The other ILL$ attractions will not sell out early in the day, so you can book those at your leisure. They will sell out at some point during the day, so keep an eye on the available times.
edited: nevermind, figured out my question. :)

Last edited:
And oldie turned into a newbie here: I have read posts and also watched several helpful YouTube videos on Genie, Genie+ and LLs and am starting to get a better grasp on the system now, and I now understand what stacking is. What I am unsure about is as follows:

—Currently I cannot add Genie+ to my app until midnight at The earliest of the day I want to use it AND I must do it every day I plan to be there at midnight or later. Is this correct? Has anyone ever been unable to add it? We aren’t up late people, we are definitely early birds. So any risk to me adding it at 6 am before I do my LL and other stuff at 7:00? I don’t want to have to get up at midnight when I know I will be up at 5 or 6 am anyway.

And oldie turned into a newbie here: I have read posts and also watched several helpful YouTube videos on Genie, Genie+ and LLs and am starting to get a better grasp on the system now, and I now understand what stacking is. What I am unsure about is as follows:

—Currently I cannot add Genie+ to my app until midnight at The earliest of the day I want to use it AND I must do it every day I plan to be there at midnight or later. Is this correct? Has anyone ever been unable to add it? We aren’t up late people, we are definitely early birds. So any risk to me adding it at 6 am before I do my LL and other stuff at 7:00? I don’t want to have to get up at midnight when I know I will be up at 5 or 6 am anyway.
It depends on your tickets - I just called Disney today and the CM said you can add it in advance if you have multi-day tickets, but we have 2 sets of 1-day park tickets (since we didn't want park hopper on both days I bought them separately) so yes, I have to add it each day in between midnight and 7am. From what I've read, the risk of waiting until morning is that if something goes wrong in the app, which happens, you then have to call to get it fixed and can miss the 7am window. Although frankly, I'm not sure how buying them at midnight solves that since the phone lines don't open until 7am so if you run into issues, you're toast no matter what.

I’m an AP holder, so had to add it every morning. I did it around 6:55am most mornings with no issues. One time I forgot (not enough coffee 🙂) and the system prompted me when I tried to book a LL…it added a few seconds but wasn’t an issue.

The only issue I’m aware of is when AP try to book when someone else has tickets with Genie+ already added. There’s a number to call and it is definitely open before 7am.

I added it 3 mornings without any trouble at all.

I had no issue buying it the morning of and also the night before. It takes all of 2 seconds and MDE does a good job of making sure you don't miss a chance to buy it since Disney wants all your $$. I will say the G+ system is glitchy. My issues were never focused around buying G+ but more around securing iLL$ or G+ LL. I made it a point to ensure my app was updated each day and I also didn't use the hotel wifi. Not 100% sure what really helps or doesn't matter but sadly disney IT isn't top notch.

I am somewhat confused as I thought if one purchased genie plus for the day, one can only make the 2nd lighting lane reservation after 120 minute rules? From reading this thread it seems like 120 minute rule does not apply?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter