Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

The upgrade to Genie+ is always offered, or at least it has never been cut off thus far. Disney said officially that they don't intend to limit availability of Genie+, so if they decided to do so in the future I think there would be an announcement.

perfect, so that might be a way to save some money. buy 5 day ticket, and only buy genie plus on the days you want. I am always up early in AM anyway. thanks

perfect, so that might be a way to save some money. buy 5 day ticket, and only buy genie plus on the days you want. I am always up early in AM anyway. thanks
This is exactly what we did on our WDW trip in January because we didn't want it every day. You can purchase starting at midnight, but you can't make Lightning Lane reservations until 7 am. Sometimes I was still up at midnight so I just bought it and then went to sleep and got up at 6:55 to make my 7 am LL selection, other times I made my purchase about 6:50 am and then booked my LL at 7.

This is exactly what we did on our WDW trip in January because we didn't want it every day. You can purchase starting at midnight, but you can't make Lightning Lane reservations until 7 am. Sometimes I was still up at midnight so I just bought it and then went to sleep and got up at 6:55 to make my 7 am LL selection, other times I made my purchase about 6:50 am and then booked my LL at 7.
let me pick your brain for one more question

If we get a 4 day ticket for out family it would cost us $1800. if we add the water park option, it goes to around 2K. It says I could use 4 days of water park. However, we just want one day of waterpark.

My question: If I just show up at the water park and decide to buy one day only, how much that would be?? I was wondering if it would be the same price as 4 days by buying earlier or cheaper if I only buy a single day (water park)

If we get a 4 day ticket for out family it would cost us $1800. if we add the water park option, it goes to around 2K. It says I could use 4 days of water park. However, we just want one day of waterpark.

My question: If I just show up at the water park and decide to buy one day only, how much that would be?? I was wondering if it would be the same price as 4 days by buying earlier or cheaper if I only buy a single day (water park)
One day at Typhoon Lagoon looks to be around $70 - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tickets/water-parks/

Blizzard Beach is currently closed. I don't think there's a reopening date yet, but I've heard May 2022.

69$ adult 64$ child

That is really interesting. The app on my phone was from 2020. I tried to update and the AppStore said "requires IOS 14.0 but you may download earlier version". So that is what I did and it does not have Genie as a function. My phone has IOS 12.5 which is the latest the phone will accept.

Maybe he has a 6S which is the next level?
Oh my, you are right. I double checked and his phone is a 6S. Guess he'll be bounced out of MDE on the next update! lol. Annoying since we too are fine with our phones for everything else. Hope you can find something reasonable before your trip!

Have an early flight to Orlando and a ticket/park res for that day. Can I wake up early in my home city and book Genie or Lightning Lane even if I’m not physically even in the state yet? I’d like to book something for when I get there later that day.

Hello. Can multiple users access one MDE account at the same time? For example, if I am logged onto MDE on my cell phone and my wife is logged onto the same MDE account on her phone, can we both make LL and ILL reservations at the same time, e.g. 7:00a. Thanks for the insight!

Hello. Can multiple users access one MDE account at the same time? For example, if I am logged onto MDE on my cell phone and my wife is logged onto the same MDE account on her phone, can we both make LL and ILL reservations at the same time, e.g. 7:00a. Thanks for the insight!
Yes. Please see the Genie+ strategies post on pg 1.

Have an early flight to Orlando and a ticket/park res for that day. Can I wake up early in my home city and book Genie or Lightning Lane even if I’m not physically even in the state yet? I’d like to book something for when I get there later that day.
Yes. I’ve purchased from the tarmac of our departing airport at 7AM.

Page 1 of this thread answers many Genie+ questions.

Just got back, we stayed offsite, so that limited us on $LL. For us to utilize genie+ our best use was the day we did Epcot in the morning, and park hopped to MK. I did all my fast passes for MK, so when we hopped at 2, we had 3 ready to go, and once we tapped into our first, we could book another. We road everything we wanted at Epcot (TT, Remy, Soarin, Spaceship Earth) only had a wait for Remy, the rest were very short lines. So once we got to MK, we were able to ride: HM, PoC, Space Mountain, 7dwarfs, Buzz, CoP, People mover, and would have made it on splash mountain if it had not shut down twice that day. We actually could have ridden a few more things, but we wanted to watch the fireworks, and were TIRED from the day! LOL

Doesn't everyone find being chained to your phone like this exhausting? And what if you don't have a smartphone---I do, but what if you didn't? And the charge in the phone must die after so much use. I love, love Disney but this sounds like such a magic sucker.......I'm so apprehensive

Doesn't everyone find being chained to your phone like this exhausting? And what if you don't have a smartphone---I do, but what if you didn't? And the charge in the phone must die after so much use. I love, love Disney but this sounds like such a magic sucker.......I'm so apprehensive
I just don't see it as being chained to my phone. Checking it once every two hours or so for a couple of minutes? That's WAY less than I look at my phone on a daily basis at home or at work.

I just don't see it as being chained to my phone. Checking it once every two hours or so for a couple of minutes? That's WAY less than I look at my phone on a daily basis at home or at work.

Yes, I set an alarm to go off right before my 2 hours was up to book next pass, so it really wasnt me chained to my phone. Honestly we were on it here and there checking wait times anyways. Besides, we were using our phone to play "heads up" while waiting in line (great time killer)

Agree with the previous posters. You are not chained to your phone. You have to check every two hours or right after riding a ride. I was on my phone no more than with FP. Maybe even less honestly as I wasn’t refreshing constantly.

Like others I didn't find I was on my phone more this trip than I was any other trips and in fact, possibly a bit less. The 2 hour - a couple mins timer worked like a charm.

Some choose to try to find more optimal times for their LL which is an option but not something you 'need' to do. We booked ours and went on our way.

I am heading to Disney in June, haven't been on these boards in several years and wow things are different. We went last for Christmas, 2019. My question is about the mobilemagic tickets and accessing lightning lanes. On my Disney experience i see tickets for me and my 2 kids and have downloaded them to Google pay. My husband also has a ticket, but I can't access it and in his my Disney experience he only sees his ticket. I don't ride coasters (motion sickness) so I'm often waiting while they ride things. Will that even be possible if he can't access their tickets? We have Android and Google pay, I've googled and seen only iPhone can share tickets with others. We were going to just both of in to the same account but then he won't be able to access his ticket, I don't think.
Thanks for any help!

Such great useful information! From what I gather, if you’re not staying on property, the likelihood of getting the ILL$ for each park is pretty much non existent when the park opens?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter