Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I have a question about park hopping with Genie plus. Let's say I have a park reservation for Animal Kingdom and then plan to hop to HS later in the day. I book my first Genie+ attraction at 7:00 am. From what I understand, I can book another attraction 2 hours after the park opens. Would that be 2 hours after AK opens (my first park where I have the park reservation to) or would it be 2 hours after HS opens if that's where I am booking the genie+ attraction to? If AK opens at 7:00 but HS doesn't open until 8:00, which "park opening" am I using? Thanks!

I have a question about park hopping with Genie plus. Let's say I have a park reservation for Animal Kingdom and then plan to hop to HS later in the day. I book my first Genie+ attraction at 7:00 am. From what I understand, I can book another attraction 2 hours after the park opens. Would that be 2 hours after AK opens (my first park where I have the park reservation to) or would it be 2 hours after HS opens if that's where I am booking the genie+ attraction to? If AK opens at 7:00 but HS doesn't open until 8:00, which "park opening" am I using? Thanks!
In your example, it would be 2hrs from when Hollywood Studios opens. The rule is that you can book 2hrs from park opening of the park where you booked your first G+ ride (not the park where you have a park pass).

In your example, it would be 2hrs from when Hollywood Studios opens. The rule is that you can book 2hrs from park opening of the park where you booked your first G+ ride (not the park where you have a park pass).
I see, thanks! So, if I were to book my first one at AK, could I then book another one at HS two hours after AK opens?

So I happened to be awake this morning at 6:15 central so 7:15 at Disney and I decided to play with the tip board a bit. Both RotR and FOP $ILL seemed to be sold out but I kept refreshing and sure enough - both had plenty available at 7:17 - nothing at 7:16 tons at 7:17 - what an odd time, I’ll keep paying attention for the next month, but that’s definitely going to be my plan in May if it keeps being that way.

Question regarding when Genie+ shows in the MDE app.

My friend purchased G+ when she bought her tickets for May, however it isn't showing up in her MDE app. Will it not show up until the day of her first park reservation?

Question regarding when Genie+ shows in the MDE app.

My friend purchased G+ when she bought her tickets for May, however it isn't showing up in her MDE app. Will it not show up until the day of her first park reservation?
Correct ... and even then, the My Day part will suggest Genie+ for some reason.

Honestly, the My Day part of the MDE is a mess but that's where you'll see your booked LL

Just realized I may have misunderstood something:

1. We do (2) Parks a day--hopping after an afternoon break. If my first booking is at Park 1--say at 1PM--does that mean I can't book another ride until 11AM (2 hours before that ride)? I possibly misunderstood that I could book another ride after the 2 hours WAIT from that first booking--meaning book first ride at 7AM, then 2nd ride at 9AM.

2. Given our Park Hopping--my thoughts are to book a couple morning rides at Park 1--then start stacking rides for Park 2 in the evening hours. I will need the response to my first question so I understand how to 'stack' the evening rides (by booking time--or ride time).

1. We do (2) Parks a day--hopping after an afternoon break. If my first booking is at Park 1--say at 1PM--does that mean I can't book another ride until 11AM (2 hours before that ride)? I possibly misunderstood that I could book another ride after the 2 hours WAIT from that first booking--meaning book first ride at 7AM, then 2nd ride at 9AM.

2. Given our Park Hopping--my thoughts are to book a couple morning rides at Park 1--then start stacking rides for Park 2 in the evening hours. I will need the response to my first question so I understand how to 'stack' the evening rides (by booking time--or ride time).
From Post 3 of this thread:

"BOOKING ELIGIBILITY: You become eligible to book another LL EITHER (1) after 2 hours (2 hours after park opening if the booking was done before park opening), OR (2) after double-tapping into the MOST RECENTLY BOOKED LL, whichever comes first."

If the park opens at 9:00, it is 11:00 because that is two hours after park opening, not because it is two hours before your 1:00 reservation. If the park opens at 8:30, as Epcot has recently, it would be 10:30. In counting minutes for the 120-minute rule, you only count minutes that the park is open.

1. The 2 hour rule is based on park opening. So if your first LL is booked at AK then you can book at 7 and then eligible to book again at 9:30 since it has a 7:30 opening right now. But if your first LL is booked at MK then your next eligibility is 11am.

2. It's hard to book LL at Park 1 AND stack Park 2. Because there's just not much opportunity for early morning rides and if you want headliners you will have to start stacking them early.

When you park hop, it will automatically offer you times after 2pm to any park you don't have a reservation for.

GENIE+ for ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS

- Guests who have an AP and all guests on their reservation have an AP, will be eligible to purchase G+ after midnight

- Guests who have an AP and other guest on their reservation have regular tickets that have NOT had G+ purchased for length of stay, will be eligible to purchase G+ for all guests after midnight

- When Annual Passholders are attempting to purchase Genie+, they may encounter a glitch IF the other people on their reservation have:
- regular park tickets AND​
- those guests purchased Genie+ for length of stay for their tickets​

- If this is your situation, you will not be able to purchase Genie+ for your Annual Pass at midnight. The system will not allow the purchase.

- The best option to fix is to call 1-407-939-4357 before 7:00 am and purchase Genie+ for AP(s). This number seems to be dedicated to Genie+ challenges and does not normally have a long wait time. Purchasing before 7:00 am will allow all guests to book Genie+ at 7:00 am.

- A common suggestion for the AP glitch is for guest services to advise guests to uninstall and reinstall the app. This does not fix the problem. Calling the number above should allow G+ to be purchased. Unfortunately it will mean a call each day you wish to add G+. :(
I just want to thank you so much for this information. Not a single Guest Relations Cast Member that I spoke with is aware of this solution. And I spoke to one at each front-of-the-park. It wasn’t until last night that I found this post, day 4 of our vacation. When I spoke to Guest Relations today, and told them of this solution, he said “you can never believe the things you read on boards.”

And then asked for the phone number. 😉

Quick Questions:

1. Can a resort guest book both ILLs at 7am? Or just one? And if only one, when can I book my final ILL?

2. Can a resort guest who books a Genie+ at 7am continue to book additional selections (after the two hour mark) WITHOUT having entered a park yet? Sometimes the kids are beat and need more sleep before hitting the parks, wondering if I could still use that time to plan our day...

Thanks!!

Quick Questions:

1. Can a resort guest book both ILLs at 7am? Or just one? And if only one, when can I book my final ILL?

2. Can a resort guest who books a Genie+ at 7am continue to book additional selections (after the two hour mark) WITHOUT having entered a park yet? Sometimes the kids are beat and need more sleep before hitting the parks, wondering if I could still use that time to plan our day...

Thanks!!
1. Yes, you can book them both at 7, but since there is currently only one ILL per park you would need to have a parkhopper ticket or AP in order to book 2 for the same day.

2. Yes. You do not need to be in the park to book additional Genie + LL. You can book every 2 hours beginning 2 hours after park opening.

1. Yes, you can book them both at 7, but since there is currently only one ILL per park you would need to have a parkhopper ticket or AP in order to book 2 for the same day.

2. Yes. You do not need to be in the park to book additional Genie + LL. You can book every 2 hours beginning 2 hours after park opening.
Thank you so much for explaining the current situation thing! I was getting completely confused reading on Disney World's website as to why the language only ever said "you can book your FIRST ILL"...because we will be traveling after August 7th when there will again be two ILLs in some parks. I was thinking they were trying to limit the resort guest perk to allow the booking of only one ahead of time. Thank you for clearing that up for me! :)

Epcot late afternoon arrival. I will be on the road but plan to be stopped making genie+ selections at 7am, and then again at 11am, 1pm etc (assuming 9am Park opening. We are hoping for stacked rides late afternoon to evening. So at 7am plan is to grab TT, then grab ILL for Remy. Beyond that our personal ride priorities are Soarin’, Mission Space, FEA, Sp Earth. Is this possible Or will I have ride times like TT too early in the day. Still a bit confused.? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Epcot late afternoon arrival. I will be on the road but plan to be stopped making genie+ selections at 7am, and then again at 11am, 1pm etc (assuming 9am Park opening. We are hoping for stacked rides late afternoon to evening. So at 7am plan is to grab TT, then grab ILL for Remy. Beyond that our personal ride priorities are Soarin’, Mission Space, FEA, Sp Earth. Is this possible Or will I have ride times like TT too early in the day. Still a bit confused.? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

At 11am, Frozen will definitely not have an early return time. In fact, it will probably be all gone. Soarin will have an afternoon return time. Misson Space and Spaceship Earth won't have later return times until 1pm. and you may have to wait a while to get a late enough time (but standby waits are typically so short that LL isn't likely to be critical for them anyway).

I think it will work fine if you grab the passes in the order of their popularity. Keep in mind that the actual time you end up with is almost always later than the time that pops up

I think it will work fine if you grab the passes in the order of their popularity. Keep in mind that the actual time you end up with is almost always later than the time that pops up
In general, is there typical push forward time for WDW?

The same was true for DL. However the swing for the major and most coveted attractions would often bump you HOURS later than the time you thought you were snagging. As an example, I clicked on Space Mtn for a 7:30-8:30pm window and got a confirm selection page listing 10:30-11:30pm return. We weren't able to ride because the kids were timing out. This happened several more times during our stay.

Wondering if that's a typical thing in WDW too....?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter