Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Thank you, Tom E D; that was very helpful. Wow, that's an informative chart!

Yes, as confirmed the information in post 1 is current, valid information.
I was able to online chat with an MDE rep and they said that if this happens, at 7:00a, we would be able to add G+ to our APs. They confirmed, as you describe in your post, sometimes AP holders can/cannot get G+ before 7:00a if they are linked ot Regular Park Passes with G+. Can you confirm that at 7:00a I can add G+ to our APs? I realize we may lose a minute but that will be ok for our purpose. Thank you.

I was able to online chat with an MDE rep and they said that if this happens, at 7:00a, we would be able to add G+ to our APs. They confirmed, as you describe in your post, sometimes AP holders can/cannot get G+ before 7:00a if they are linked ot Regular Park Passes with G+. Can you confirm that at 7:00a I can add G+ to our APs? I realize we may lose a minute but that will be ok for our purpose. Thank you.
No, I don't believe this is a time issue, I believe it is a problem with having APs + tickets where Genie+ was added for length of stay. (I do not have personal experience with this as this scenario does not apply to me personally so this information has been learned from other's experiences.) My understanding is that to purchase Genie+ for the AP guest(s) you will need to call the number provided, regardless of the time.

The suggestion to call before 7AM is so that Genie+ is added to AP guests in order for them be be eligible to try to get LL reservations at 7AM.

No, I don't believe this is a time issue, I believe it is a problem with having APs + tickets where Genie+ was added for length of stay. (I do not have personal experience with this as this scenario does not apply to me personally so this information has been learned from other's experiences.) My understanding is that to purchase Genie+ for the AP guest(s) you will need to call the number provided, regardless of the time.

The suggestion to call before 7AM is so that Genie+ is added to AP guests in order for them be be eligible to try to get LL reservations at 7AM.
Actually it has been reported that they can buy at 7. But obviously this causes issues at that would delay your LL reservations. This is why it's suggested to call ahead of time instead of waiting until 7.

Ok so I have a question about pinning your top attraction to the Tip Board. I know you can go into the free Genie part and when "planning your day" simply only pick your top attraction so it shows up first at the top of the page, but I was reading that you can pin your top attraction to the top of the Tip Board section as well. I've been playing every day with the Tip Board section here at home and I can't seem to figure out how to pin ROTR at the top of that Tip Board right now. Is there a way to do that?

Ok so I have a question about pinning your top attraction to the Tip Board. I know you can go into the free Genie part and when "planning your day" simply only pick your top attraction so it shows up first at the top of the page, but I was reading that you can pin your top attraction to the top of the Tip Board section as well. I've been playing every day with the Tip Board section here at home and I can't seem to figure out how to pin ROTR at the top of that Tip Board right now. Is there a way to do that?
The notes in the first few posts have this:
- You can pin one or more attractions to the top of the Tip Board by selecting it as your only Top Pick in the free Genie part of the app. Or you can also select Top Picks through the Edit Selections link at the top of the Tip Board. This is very useful when you are in a hurry to book a particular attraction. Pin it to the top of the Tip Board. Then after booking, replace it with the next one that you will be going for. This saves time not having to scroll down through alphabetical list of attractions.

However, I have the same issue with finding "Edit Selections" and I have seen the question asked a couple times already. Is there a way to get the answer added to the initial posted I show above?

The notes in the first few posts have this:
- You can pin one or more attractions to the top of the Tip Board by selecting it as your only Top Pick in the free Genie part of the app. Or you can also select Top Picks through the Edit Selections link at the top of the Tip Board. This is very useful when you are in a hurry to book a particular attraction. Pin it to the top of the Tip Board. Then after booking, replace it with the next one that you will be going for. This saves time not having to scroll down through alphabetical list of attractions.

However, I have the same issue with finding "Edit Selections" and I have seen the question asked a couple times already. Is there a way to get the answer added to the initial posted I show above?
I just opened MDE to see where the Edit Selections link on the Tip Board is. On mine, it doesn't exist. Up-to-date MDE running on Android. Perhaps it's on the iPhone version?

To confirm, do you have tickets in MDE and park pass reservations made?

Thanks for this thread it is very helpful. I need some clarification though. There are 9 of us in our party. I control 7 people in the party but not the other 2. They are all in my friends list and we are all staying together. Will I be able to buy ALL of us Genie+ and ILL day of? I can't purchase Genie+ for all of us (ahead of time) currently.

To confirm, do you have tickets in MDE and park pass reservations made?
Yes, we have all our park reservations and tickets. Sometimes the Edit Selections shows and sometimes it doesn't (and then I have to go through the Get Started again). It would be helpful to have more explanation on how to get the Edit Selections in the initial post.

Yes, we have all our park reservations and tickets. Sometimes the Edit Selections shows and sometimes it doesn't (and then I have to go through the Get Started again). It would be helpful to have more explanation on how to get the Edit Selections in the initial post.

I've been playing with the Tip Board since October, and I have yet to figure out why the Edit Selections link is sometimes there and sometimes not there.

Also haven't been able to figure out what determines which park the Tip Board will default to.

Finally, can't determine why picking Top Attractions to get them pinned to the top of the Tip Board sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

I've been playing with the Tip Board since October, and I have yet to figure out why the Edit Selections link is sometimes there and sometimes not there.

Also haven't been able to figure out what determines which park the Tip Board will default to.

Finally, can't determine why picking Top Attractions to get them pinned to the top of the Tip Board sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Mine always defaults to MK unless I've done Genie--then it defaults to my reserved park.

This information was super helpful. I called the number you posted at 6:40a this morning and within 5 min had a representative. I explained our situation and she was ready to help me purchase G+ for our APs. Thank you!

That feature only ever worked for me at MK and Epcot. For DHS, when we were on our trip if i would click on a ride LL time as though I were going to reserve it and then hit back, when I refreshed it would automatically scroll back to that ride so I didn’t have to scroll down manually. That was the best luck I had while we were there.

Can someone list the ILL rides in each park? I'm finding conflicting reports in my search that there WERE two in each park but it's now down to one. We're traveling 5/16-20. TIA.
This was published Oct. 8, 2021 on WDW-Magazine's website:656870

When you are going they only have the following:
- Rise of Resistance
- Remy's
- Seven Dwarfs

The others moved to regular Genie+ LL.

No one knows what is going to happen with Everest since it is currently closed

It is temporarily down to 1 in each park, until sometime in August I believe.
MK = 7DMT (Space is currently G+)
EP = Remy (Frozen is currently G+)
DHS = RotR (MMRR is currently G+)
AK = FoP (EE is closed for refurb)

I just opened MDE to see where the Edit Selections link on the Tip Board is. On mine, it doesn't exist. Up-to-date MDE running on Android. Perhaps it's on the iPhone version?
I have an iPhone and the app is updated but I still see no Edit Selections button on the Tip Board. I also have valid tickets and park reservations. It's so weird. I'm just trying to get my speed stategy figured out for our MK and DHS days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter