Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Yep, what pp said. You’ll need to grab some earlier and hope to have them for later times. You may or may not have any that pop up for you 2:00 or after.

that thread you mentioned was started by me- lots of great tips there if you want to peruse :)

You can still start booking rides at 7am. Since a few rides book up quickly, you should be able to get an afternoon or evening time for one of them. Here's today's Thrill Data info

View attachment 652977

Hollywood Studios opened at 8:30 today, so the 2 hour rule means you get your next LL at 10:30.

If you want Slinky Dog, grab that at 7am. Then at 1030, you'd have to choose either ToT, RnRC or Millennium Falcon as those 3 are likely to be gone by 1230. Then at 1230, if any of those are available, you can choose that or MMRR.

At 230, you should be able to get TSM or AS2.

It really depends on what your goals are. You can get several rides if you play it right or you can get a good mix of rides and shows.
Thank you this is really helpful!

Yep, what pp said. You’ll need to grab some earlier and hope to have them for later times. You may or may not have any that pop up for you 2:00 or after.

that thread you mentioned was started by me- lots of great tips there if you want to peruse :)
Thanks! I was just reading your thread lol.

You can still start booking rides at 7am. Since a few rides book up quickly, you should be able to get an afternoon or evening time for one of them. Here's today's Thrill Data info

View attachment 652977

Hollywood Studios opened at 8:30 today, so the 2 hour rule means you get your next LL at 10:30.

If you want Slinky Dog, grab that at 7am. Then at 1030, you'd have to choose either ToT, RnRC or Millennium Falcon as those 3 are likely to be gone by 1230. Then at 1230, if any of those are available, you can choose that or MMRR.

At 230, you should be able to get TSM or AS2.

It really depends on what your goals are. You can get several rides if you play it right or you can get a good mix of rides and shows.
This is pretty much what I did on my recent completed trip. I found that G+ seems to work best planning on an afternoon/evening visit than it does for the morning.

This is pretty much what I did on my recent completed trip. I found that G+ seems to work best planning on an afternoon/evening visit than it does for the morning.
Thanks I feel much better now about arriving afternoon.

My understanding is you can start stacking them at 7am from your bed and then every 2 hours add another ....
What’s wierd is I got up before 7 to do that and I wasn’t able to. I accidentally bought D+ the day before, so I thought I’d try it for 2 in my party the following day and I didn’t get a single thing all day that my son on the spectrum would do. Those 2 days we did 3 and 2 attractions respectively. Both through DAS and not D+. I feel like I flushed $ down the you know what. I thought maybe I needed to be d in the park, but we didn’t get there until 10:30 and pfft. ☹️

Just highlighting that when you book a G+ and when you return to ride are 2 different concepts. Think back to the original FP system. Booking time is when you would run to a ride and get a fastpass. Return time is when you would come back.

With G+ the FP machine is replaced by the app and you don’t even have to be in the park to use it. So, no problem to book G+ while traveling inbound to Orlando for arrival later in the day. Just have to make sure the return times are for after you’ll be in the park.

We do not have hoppers, but just wanted to go later. What’s our chances of getting Genie+ rides that late mid June.
I have read they were gone by 1:00 for someone on another post. How do we go about this to make sure we get some genie+ rides booked before we arrive?
The posts on page 1 explain details about the information others have shared with you re: stacking.

My understanding is you can start stacking them at 7am from your bed and then every 2 hours add another ....
Almost. Yes on 7AM from your bed (or anywhere with a WiFi or data service) to get G+LL #1.

To get G+LL #2 it can be done 2 hours after park opening then every 2 hours after that.

Or...

If you enter a park and use your most recent G+LL by "double-tapping" into the ride queue, and your LL is before the 2 hours, you can get the next G+LL.

I keep seeing the phrase "2 hours after park opening" in regards to when you can book an additional LL selection (assuming you booked one at 7am and the window you got for your LL is more than 2 hours after the park where that ride is opens), but WHICH PARK? The parks all open at different times. So is it 2 hours after park opening of the park where I have a reservation? The park where I have my first LL selection? The park where I want to hop to later (how would the system know that)? The park where I am looking at attractions to book a LL? Which park opening am I working with?

I've seen this question in the thread but it always gets skipped over and never answered.

I keep seeing the phrase "2 hours after park opening" in regards to when you can book an additional LL selection (assuming you booked one at 7am and the window you got for your LL is more than 2 hours after the park where that ride is opens), but WHICH PARK? The parks all open at different times. So is it 2 hours after park opening of the park where I have a reservation? The park where I have my first LL selection? The park where I want to hop to later (how would the system know that)? The park where I am looking at attractions to book a LL? Which park opening am I working with?

I've seen this question in the thread but it always gets skipped over and never answered.
I believe the answer is - for non park hopper ticket - it’s the park that you reserved for that day, and for park hopper ticket it’s either the park you reserved for that day or the park you’re planning to hop to. For ride bookings at park you’re planning to hop to, it must be a ride time after 2 PM since that’s when hopping starts.

Can someone please correct me if I’m wrong? I don’t want to lead anyone astray.

I believe the answer is - for non park hopper ticket - it’s the park that you reserved for that day, and for park hopper ticket it’s either the park you reserved for that day or the park you’re planning to hop to. For ride bookings at park you’re planning to hop to, it must be a ride time after 2 PM since that’s when hopping starts.

What you said is my understanding too.
- 2 hours after the park opening of the park you have a reservation for if that's where you're booking or
- 2 hours after the park you're hopping to opens if you're booking for that park. Note: Booking a LL for a park you're hopping to will only have LL times of 2:00 of later offered.

I just want to confirm, booking an ILL doesn’t count as my one genie+ booking per 2 hours right? So at 7am I can book an ILL and a genie+ LL?

If you're park hopping and want to, you can book a G+LL and two ILL$.
There are some conflicting reports right now that ILL$ might be limited to only 1/day with the current changes.

Can anyone confirm if they have/have not been able to purchase more than 1 ILL$ since Feb 25, 2022?

Looking for input on booking both ILL for Rise and G+ LL for SDD. We will be staying on site, so will be eligible for both at 7am. Is it better for both my husband and I to try to get SDD for our party, then Rise, or should we split up and one of us get SDD and the other try for Rise. We are hoping to get them earlier in the day if possible.

Looking for input on booking both ILL for Rise and G+ LL for SDD. We will be staying on site, so will be eligible for both at 7am. Is it better for both my husband and I to try to get SDD for our party, then Rise, or should we split up and one of us get SDD and the other try for Rise. We are hoping to get them earlier in the day if possible.
Splitting up is better but if only one device it's recommended to try for SDD first then RotR. 2 people can be signed into the same MDE account if you have 2 devices.

What you said is my understanding too.
- 2 hours after the park opening of the park you have a reservation for if that's where you're booking or
- 2 hours after the park you're hopping to opens if you're booking for that park. Note: Booking a LL for a park you're hopping to will only have LL times of 2:00 of later offered.

Thank you both!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter