Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Many (possibly all?) Canadian schools also closed this week. I know last week at our family Christmas party about 50% of the families were travelling south this week due to the way the holidays fell. Our family is trying our first RC cruise this week.
Bon voyage!

The crazy holiday crowds seem to have flowed right into the crowds for the marathon weekend, which I believe had the first run today. That's become a very popular week/weekend over the years. But still not sure I would have bet on G+ MK/Multi selling out yet again on 1/3. Wow.

I did a quick look, and G+ must've been cheaper today. The 3 remaining parks are less than they were charging last week (but can't see what MK/Multi was selling for today - maybe $29?)

The crazy holiday crowds seem to have flowed right into the crowds for the marathon weekend, which I believe had the first run today. That's become a very popular week/weekend over the years. But still not sure I would have bet on G+ MK/Multi selling out yet again on 1/3. Wow.

I did a quick look, and G+ must've been cheaper today. The 3 remaining parks are less than they were charging last week (but can't see what MK/Multi was selling for today - maybe $29?)
I think it was $27

First run (5k) is tomorrow, but they're here and picking up race bibs.

Does anyone know how the removal of park reservations (for some) and removal of the 2pm park hopping rule will affect ride selections using Genie+? Don't you currently have to wait until a ride's return time reaches 2pm before you can book that ride in a second park? I may be overthinking this, but it seems like G+ rules will have to change, too. Also, the ability to purchase before your trip and select some rides at that time (whenever that eventually starts) is going to change the system again or convert it back to something more like FP+. Just wondering...

Does anyone know how the removal of park reservations (for some) and removal of the 2pm park hopping rule will affect ride selections using Genie+? Don't you currently have to wait until a ride's return time reaches 2pm before you can book that ride in a second park? I may be overthinking this, but it seems like G+ rules will have to change, too. Also, the ability to purchase before your trip and select some rides at that time (whenever that eventually starts) is going to change the system again or convert it back to something more like FP+. Just wondering...
Theoretically you would be able to select a ride at your second park for before 2pm under the current Genie+ system after January 9th.

Theoretically you would be able to select a ride at your second park for before 2pm under the current Genie+ system after January 9th.
Thanks. That's what I was thinking, too because it wouldn't make sense to leave it at 2pm, but what makes sense and what actually happens are not always the same!

On Friday (2 days from now) I have an AP Park pass for MK. We plan to hop to AK in the afternoon. Can I book a FoP ILL at 7 am?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter