Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

So I would need to buy Genie+ to get even a "free" LL...right? I think that was my confusion,I thought there was still some decent non paying options left but no? (other than just standing in a line) so if I want a higher tier ride, I'd NEED the genie+ or ILL to get on it,as some rides only have that option now?
Purchasing Genie+ is optional. There isn’t any ride you will not be able to ride if you choose not to purchase it.

Guardians of the Galaxy Requires a Virtual Queue reservation to ride but there is no cost to try for a VQ reservation.

Ok, I'm starting to get into researching all of this..... I get the difference between genie and genie+...what's less clear to me in all the info threads is the difference between LL and ILL? If I could be pointed in the right direction to read I'd appreciate it! I see a list of ILL rides, but I can't figure out how LL fits into all of this,and planning out a day. TIA
Your question has been merged with the Everything Genie thread. How the system works is detailed in the posts on page 1.

If I have invited family to be part of my profile on the website, can I book rides for them too if we all have Genie plus?

We'll be landing at MCO at 10:00am, then heading over to AK. We purchased G+ back in May when you could still reserve ahead of time.

The goal is to stack LLs for the afternoon including an ILL for FoP at 7:00am. I would THINK that should be pretty straightforward given we have a park reservation that day and we're staying on site. But... I don't have all that much faith in Disney IT! So is it fairly straightforward or is there anything else I should do ahead of time? We'll be using the online check-in if that helps.

We'll be landing at MCO at 10:00am, then heading over to AK. We purchased G+ back in May when you could still reserve ahead of time.

The goal is to stack LLs for the afternoon including an ILL for FoP at 7:00am. I would THINK that should be pretty straightforward given we have a park reservation that day and we're staying on site. But... I don't have all that much faith in Disney IT! So is it fairly straightforward or is there anything else I should do ahead of time? We'll be using the online check-in if that helps.

You'll have to wait a while after 7:00 am to be able to book an AK LL for the afternoon. Today, Navi didn't have a return time of 1:00-2:00 until 9:00 am, and everything else at that point still had morning LL times.

You might check out the Lightning Lane Availability Maps at thrill-data.com

Has anyone had success being able to get a LL for Remy and Frozen for later in the day? If so what would be the best way to do it, Remy first and then try to get Frozen 2 hours after opening or vice versa?

Has anyone had success being able to get a LL for Remy and Frozen for later in the day? If so what would be the best way to do it, Remy first and then try to get Frozen 2 hours after opening or vice versa?

You definitely need to get Remy first. There is almost certainly to be no LL availabiity for it 2 hours after park opening.

On a busy day, it may be tough to get Frozen as second LL (2 hours after park opening).

You definitely need to get Remy first. There is almost certainly to be no LL availabiity for it 2 hours after park opening.

On a busy day, it may be tough to get Frozen as second LL (2 hours after park opening).
That is what I thought, we are going on 12/9, park hopping from MK.

Does the amount of people in your party effect the return times? Have 11 people that will need Genie+ selections on one day

Last edited:
What is the fastest way to book LLs at 7am?
I have noticed that the app has been slowly loading recently and I have tried multiple ways to refresh the Tip Board.

Thanks for your help.

So the app doesn’t show me the purchase price for genie+ today? I’ve been checking daily to get an idea for our trip next week, and today no price….

You can only purchase two ILL$ per day. You may purchase 2 for the same park, when available (MK, E, DHS or DAK) but currently the only way to use 2 ILL$ in a day is to park hop. You will not be allowed to purchase a third LL on the same day.
I'm confused by this.... you can buy 2 ILL a day, but only 1 in each park(if park hopping)? Will the system allow a purchase of 2nd ILL if you don't have a hopper pass?

I had to update the app to get it to show. It appears they redid the coding and it only shows up in the tip board now.
Interesting… mine is up to date and still no price. I always could click on the “purchase for today” and it would show the price. Gotta love Disney IT!!!

Is there any data that shows the number of people purchasing G+ with all of the recent changes? I would think that the inability to prepurchase, combined with the price increase created lower demand. But I have nothing to back that up, it's just a hunch.

I’ve been reading up on Genie+ strategy and the concept of adding your 1-2 top priorities to your top board for each day first thing in the morning to optimize getting a return time

But I have a question- should I be selecting rides that we plan on purchasing ILL for, or only those with genie+?

It’s different for each park for me. This how I usually set mine.

MK
Peter Pan (G+)
Mine Train (ILL)

Epcot
Guardians of the Galaxy (VQ)
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure (G+)
(I use Single Rider for Test Track and don’t mind skipping it but it does book up quickly.)

DHS
Slinky Dog (LL)
Tower of Terror (LL)

AK
Flight of Passage (ILL)
I don’t usually buy Genie + for AK

It also depends on which attractions appeal. I don’t care about Space Mt., Test Track or anything Star Wars so I don’t book those. From my list I would say Flight of Passage and Slinky Dog book up fastest.

Interesting… mine is up to date and still no price. I always could click on the “purchase for today” and it would show the price. Gotta love Disney IT!!!
I have an android and if I scroll down to the middle of the home page on the app, I see the banner with the price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter