• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

I was glad we skipped paying for G+. In my opinion, it would not have been worth the cost. However, that is just my opinion.
Thank you, this is so very helpful and encouraging. I'm still considering it for our family, at least partially, since we did great with utilizing Fast Pass back in the day (and it seems the same!?), but it appears it would cost $400 extra for 4 parks, and that's really a LOT. If I added $ILL per park we'd be at like $700-$800 extra... seems worth it getting up extra early... just not sure about that midday break - we would love to do it, but unsure when to return by... and whether worth it considering time it takes to go travel back and forth... (summer trip, POFQ)?

Thank you, this is so very helpful and encouraging. I'm still considering it for our family, at least partially, since we did great with utilizing Fast Pass back in the day (and it seems the same!?), but it appears it would cost $400 extra for 4 parks, and that's really a LOT. If I added $ILL per park we'd be at like $700-$800 extra... seems worth it getting up extra early... just not sure about that midday break - we would love to do it, but unsure when to return by... and whether worth it considering time it takes to go travel back and forth... (summer trip, POFQ)?
If you're interested in more information about G+ and hearing many people's experiences and strategies, please check out the Everything Genie thread. The posts on page 1 list a ton of helpful information plus links to videos that people are finding helpful. It isn't a 'one size fits all' scenario and really depends on anticipated crowds, park, date and so much more.

I have friends who are there now and contacted me about using Genie today and I kinda panicked as there's so much to learn. We'd talked about it often before they left and they were always, 'we won't need it' but now they're reconsidering. Hoping they found time to read and watch 'Ear Scouts' on YouTube as truly that information is so helpful!

Sorry if this has been asked a million times already.

On my last trip, which was pre-COVID, it seems that EMH was only offered at certain parks on certain days (i.e., MK was Mondays, AK Tuesdays, Epcot Wednesdays, etc. you get the point). So a crafty planner who did not benefit from EMH could rope drop a different park instead.

I'm planning my first post-COVID trip for this August and noticed EMH is now at EVERY PARK EVERY DAY.

My question is how does this affect rope dropping? Is it still as beneficial as it was before, or is the advantage kind of diluted by the thousands of people already in the park before you?

On my last trip, which was pre-COVID, it seems that EMH was only offered at certain parks on certain days (i.e., MK was Mondays, AK Tuesdays, Epcot Wednesdays, etc. you get the point). So a crafty planner who did not benefit from EMH could rope drop a different park instead.

I'm planning my first post-COVID trip for this August and noticed EMH is now at EVERY PARK EVERY DAY.

My question is how does this affect rope dropping? Is it still as beneficial as it was before, or is the advantage kind of diluted by the thousands of people already in the park before you?
Post 1 explains how it works in great detail.

this thread is full of guest experiences.

thanks i'll dive into reading the thread now. My initial impression is off-site guests are getting less done by rope dropping than before. It's what I expected.
Are you staying onsite of offsite?

Regardless, the earlier you get to the parks, the better. Early morning and later in the evening normally sees lowest crowds.

Hello! Owe are staying at the Caribbean resort. Our goal is to be at the front part of the line for rope drop (for early entrance for hotel guests) then go straight to Remy’s ride, then go to Test Track. What is the best way to go about this? I had planned to take the Skyliner to Epcot but now that I am reading more, it sounds like it will not get us to the park early enough to be at the front of rope drop because the Skyliner does not start moving until an hour before park opening. Should we drive our car from Caribbean to general Epcot parking instead? Should we take an Uber? (Family of 5.) What entrance should we go in? Should we consider doing Test Track first then Remy? Thank you for any tips!

Hello! Owe are staying at the Caribbean resort. Our goal is to be at the front part of the line for rope drop (for early entrance for hotel guests) then go straight to Remy’s ride, then go to Test Track. What is the best way to go about this? I had planned to take the Skyliner to Epcot but now that I am reading more, it sounds like it will not get us to the park early enough to be at the front of rope drop because the Skyliner does not start moving until an hour before park opening. Should we drive our car from Caribbean to general Epcot parking instead? Should we take an Uber? (Family of 5.) What entrance should we go in? Should we consider doing Test Track first then Remy? Thank you for any tips!
Skyliner is your best option for sure! It will drop you at International Gateway which is right beside Remy.

If you drive you will be held outside the parking gates until approx 1 hour before park opening then will need to park, walk to the entrance and then walk all the way back to Remy.

Post 1 of this thread explains a lot about ETPE.

If you want to get to IG early for Remy, you could Uber to Swan/Dolphin and walk from there.

Skyliner starts plenty early -- at least an hour before Early Opening time, not before regular park opening. It's by FAR your best bet to get to the park early to rope drop Remy. You do NOT want to be at the front entrance, you want to be at the International Gateway.

At the IG entrance, you’ll only be competing with guests that walk from the boardwalk area hotels. Going to the front of the park by bus or car will be a long trek to the back of the park.

As recommended, line up about 90 minutes before early entry begins so when the transportation starts up 60 minutes before, you’ll be at the front of the line to get on the Skyliner. You may not be at the very front at the IG, but you shouldn’t have more than a 10-15 minute wait getting on Remy. Likely 5 once they start boarding. It’d take at least 10 minutes to walk from the front of the park, once they started allowing guests in, and by the time you got to the ride, it might be closer to 20-30 minute wait.

Are you staying onsite of offsite?

Regardless, the earlier you get to the parks, the better. Early morning and later in the evening normally sees lowest crowds.
Agreed about arriving early. If you are off site it does hurt your chances a short wait at the most popular rides, but combing genie plus and standby you can still get a great start to the day by being early. Then take a break in the middle of the day and come back for later afternoon/evening. We love that strategy

Depends on your goals. If you just want to enjoy a slow pace in the parks and don't care if you miss some of the headliners, then don't mess with EMH. But if you want to knock out the biggies it is absolutely worth it. For example, we might do Slinky and Tower, both standby, before 9:30 or 10:00 am. We purchase Rise. We Genie + Rocking RC and Mickey and Minnie. Chill middle of the day with lunch in the parks/the pool at the resort. Then maybe come back to HS for the evening or hop to another park, and hit some big rides late. We believe early morning and late evening are absolutely the best for effective Disneyworld "parking", and much of the year it makes a ton of sense considering the heat in the middle of the day. Have fun! Cheers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter