Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Just be sure to check in online before your checkin day. And if you have MBs, you'll be able to scan them at the park entry to show your resort reservation. If you don't have MBs, then when you drop your stuff off, go to the front desk and get Key to the World cards, which will serve as room keys as well as park tickets.

What were you all able to do before open? How were the wait times afterward?
HS: We rode ROTR, Smuggler's Run, Star Tours several times, and TSM. We could have ridden MMRR, but boys are into SW. I'd say around 10 wait times pick up significantly (most were around 45 + minutes). At the end of the day, we rode ROTRR two more times-posted times said 45 (however, it only took 20 minutes, so we rode it again). Then we had Galaxy Edge to ourselves at closing and were able to get fabulous pics.

Going to HS on Friday. Posted park opening is 8:30am. When are cars allowed into parking lot and can you enter the park earlier than posted time if you are not staying at Disney Resort.

Going to HS on Friday. Posted park opening is 8:30am. When are cars allowed into parking lot and can you enter the park earlier than posted time if you are not staying at Disney Resort.
Post 1 has information re: parking lots for all parks. The parking lots open for all guests at the same time regardless of staying onsite or offsite.

Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread-invaluable!

Wondering what happens as far as crowds at regular park opening at MK? Do they disperse throughout the park? I’m picturing a crush at from ETPE peeps there, and another at JC/Pirates from offsite folks, with a possible crowd in Fantasy of the folks with littles. Is there a “best strategy” when it comes to where to head at 9? I know a lot is based on preference/priority, just wondered if any area gives you most bang for your buck then. My girls are going to RD ETPE Space and speedway while I cry, again, seeing my castle and meander like the crazy Disney adult I am.

(Side note: is the Joffrey’s cart next space open at ETPE? Most mornings my kiddos will RD a “thrill ride” while I RD coffee.)

DHS EE today (May 30, Memorial Day, 8:00 am EE/8:30 park opening) - our goal was to focus on Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge and leave park by 1:00 pm

Walked from Yacht Club starting at 6:45, held at tapstiles (about 20 people back) until 7:30. It seemed to be common knowledge that Galaxy's Edge rides likely to open earlier than other rides. We rope dropped ROTR - on by 7:37, off by 8:01. Next up was Smugglers - 15 min wait, off by 8:25. Hustled over to TSM and just beat park opening crowd at 8:30.

We were off TSM around 8:50 and wait times across park were 50+ min with the exception of TSM (35 min) and RNR (35 min).

At 7 am, we snagged $ILL for ROTR for 8:35-9:35 am and LL for SDD for 10:35-11:35. When my booking window opened at 10:30 am (2 hours after park opening), all "good" rides had mid-to-late afternoon return times except TSM, so we booked that for 11:30-12:30. I started making LL selections for my second park of the day when we tapped in to TSM at 11:30.

All in all, we had a great morning combining a good EE plan with $ILL and LL to ride ROTR 2x, Smugglers, TSM 2x, and SDD. My boys made Droids, we had lunch at Woody's Lunchbox, and saw Muppets. We were on the boat headed back to Yacht Club by 12:45 for our mid-day break.

does anyone have any experience rope dropping jungle cruise? My plan for MK is hopefully rope drop PPF for early entry and then rope drop jungle cruise and get off quickly to ride btmrr, potc, and haunted mansion. Anyone think this is doable?

does anyone have any experience rope dropping jungle cruise? My plan for MK is hopefully rope drop PPF for early entry and then rope drop jungle cruise and get off quickly to ride btmrr, potc, and haunted mansion. Anyone think this is doable?
Sorry, not too sure what the question is? Yes, it’s possible to do those attractions in that order. Only PPF is open during ETPE then all guests will be in the park when you visit the other 3 attractions. For me the order of the last 2 would be determined by standby time when I finished JC. I would go to the shorter wait if the remaining 2.

DHS EE today (May 30, Memorial Day, 8:00 am EE/8:30 park opening) - our goal was to focus on Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge and leave park by 1:00 pm

Walked from Yacht Club starting at 6:45, held at tapstiles (about 20 people back) until 7:30. It seemed to be common knowledge that Galaxy's Edge rides likely to open earlier than other rides. We rope dropped ROTR - on by 7:37, off by 8:01. Next up was Smugglers - 15 min wait, off by 8:25. Hustled over to TSM and just beat park opening crowd at 8:30.

We were off TSM around 8:50 and wait times across park were 50+ min with the exception of TSM (35 min) and RNR (35 min).

At 7 am, we snagged $ILL for ROTR for 8:35-9:35 am and LL for SDD for 10:35-11:35. When my booking window opened at 10:30 am (2 hours after park opening), all "good" rides had mid-to-late afternoon return times except TSM, so we booked that for 11:30-12:30. I started making LL selections for my second park of the day when we tapped in to TSM at 11:30.

All in all, we had a great morning combining a good EE plan with $ILL and LL to ride ROTR 2x, Smugglers, TSM 2x, and SDD. My boys made Droids, we had lunch at Woody's Lunchbox, and saw Muppets. We were on the boat headed back to Yacht Club by 12:45 for our mid-day break.

Well, we did EE again today at DHS (Jun 1), and while they let us tap in and speed walk to ROTR at 7:30 and enter the queue, they did not start running the ride until 7:54. We had hoped to be able to ride ROTR and still make it over to TOT before the line got crazy, but by the time we got off at 8:20, the wait at TOT was 65 minutes! We did make it on RNR just ahead of the park opening crowd with only a 15 minute wait.

Probably depends how quickly you can get into PPF as to whether you'll be able to then RD JC. Do you plan to go back around the castle and line up for the straight shot to Adventureland? I would think you'd be at a terrible disadvantage if you tried to go from wherever you'll be held at near the end of Fantasyland. At 15 minutes after park opening, JC is a 40 minute wait, Pirates 35 and btmrr 60, according to the app anyway. HM is only 10 though. Though obviously it wouldn't take 15 minutes to walk, just saying you'll probably get there after the guests that line up in the hub for Adventureland.

I'd probably get Genie if you're trying to be that ambitious, maybe you can get btmrr for 930 or 10 and hit JC and Pirates before. Maybe HM wait will still be low or you can get a quick return time there for your second LL.

Good luck! Enjoy your trip 🤗

Hi everyone. If utilizing the extra 30 mins for resort guests what time are you arriving? How early ? We used to do 45-60 mins.
Thanks

If you are planning to RD popular rides like FOP or Rise, arriving 45-60min before early park entry is a good plan

We are staying onsite but want to drive. Seems like I read the parking lot will not be open in time for us to be at the front of the pack. Is this true? Prior to Covid we arrived before the lots opened. We often arrived before anyone was there to check our AP and we parked ourselves. Has this changed?

Hi everyone. If utilizing the extra 30 mins for resort guests what time are you arriving? How early ? We used to do 45-60 mins.
Thanks

We are staying onsite but want to drive. Seems like I read the parking lot will not be open in time for us to be at the front of the pack. Is this true? Prior to Covid we arrived before the lots opened. We often arrived before anyone was there to check our AP and we parked ourselves. Has this changed?
Please read post 1 of this thread. Lots of helpful information there.

I read the first post again. So am I to understand that the person who posted that Disney buses arrive at parks earlier than the parking lot opens is incorrect?
No. Most often buses arrive before parking lots open although it’s often close to the same time. Generally buses arrive a bit earlier but nothing is guaranteed as it can change park to park, day to day.

Just wanted to say thank you to this thread, especially the OP for putting together all this information. We were able to leverage Rope Drop and ETPE to the fullest during our trip last week and it made all the difference in how much we got done. Kudos!

What time have people been arriving for the early half hour to rope drop ? I don’t need to be first but I don’t want to be stuck at the very back either .
Thanks in advance

What time have people been arriving for the early half hour to rope drop ? I don’t need to be first but I don’t want to be stuck at the very back either .
Thanks in advance
Which parks and which rides are you headed to? When are you going?

I'd say no less than 45 min before ETPE for most parks and an hour for DHS/MK. This will vary on where you're headed. There's a post on here about ETPE and I would check out what others have said.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/everything-early-theme-park-entry-etpe-please-read-post-1.3855945/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter