• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

We’re planning on doing PP first during ETPE too. Can you (or anyone who has been during ETPE) confirm if this path is open right away?
I was there a couple of days ago and I don’t think that path was open. Didn’t really matter except for some extra steps since 95% of the people were rushing Seven Dwarves. Was able to basically walk on Peter Pan.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it will be self-explanatory when I see masses of humanity walking in 1 direction, but I am not planning for 7 Dwarfs, so I just want to save my feet in the morning before they have to go all day!

We are staying at a Disney Springs hotel, so will have access to ETPE. I realized that I didn't list my daughter as a guest; it's just two adults (myself and my husband). It didn't occur to me since most hotels outside of Disney don't ask for children to be listed on the reservation. Will we have a problem with her scanning in for early entry? Hilton makes it pretty hard to modify the reservation; we would have to cancel and rebook, and the rate is now higher. Can I have her added at check in? Has anyone encountered this, or a problem scanning in for early entry when staying at a Disney Springs hotel?

We are staying at a Disney Springs hotel, so will have access to ETPE. I realized that I didn't list my daughter as a guest; it's just two adults (myself and my husband). It didn't occur to me since most hotels outside of Disney don't ask for children to be listed on the reservation. Will we have a problem with her scanning in for early entry? Hilton makes it pretty hard to modify the reservation; we would have to cancel and rebook, and the rate is now higher. Can I have her added at check in? Has anyone encountered this, or a problem scanning in for early entry when staying at a Disney Springs hotel?

I believe for ETPE, they only check one in your party and ask how many in your group. In any case, you should be able to add her at the hotel.

I don’t know about altering your reservation at the resort but your daughter will not be eligible for ETPE if she is not listed as a guest on your reservation.

I would call the hotel and see if they can add her.

I watched a vlogger (Kyle Pallo) who got early entry to HS by walking in with his family member who was staying at a Disney resort. Can anyone confirm if they allow that? The video is up on YouTube and the CM let him right in at 8:35 when the park did not open to off-site guests until 9.

I watched a vlogger (Kyle Pallo) who got early entry to HS by walking in with his family member who was staying at a Disney resort. Can anyone confirm if they allow that? The video is up on YouTube and the CM let him right in at 8:35 when the park did not open to off-site guests until 9.
at the 3:30 mark.

If he’s listed as an extra person on the room he could get in. But they usually scan one band per party, ask how many and then let you through so I could see how it can occasionally happen if he wasn’t.

We’re planning on doing PP first during ETPE too. Can you (or anyone who has been during ETPE) confirm if this path is open right away?
It is! The hold the crowd there slightly longer than the main path to SDMT, but it does open 2-3 min later.

If he’s listed as an extra person on the room he could get in. But they usually scan one band per party, ask how many and then let you through so I could see how it can occasionally happen if he wasn’t.

This was our experience that they scanned one person and asked how many. Not sure if it shows them how many people are assigned to the room though. So if there are two of you but you say three the scanner may show two.

Yes, and at least when I was there, this didn't happen until you were about 100+ feet inside the turnstiles. At Epcot IG, for example, they let anyone through the turnstiles, then checked bands (as said, 1 per party) about half way up the hill. Frankly, in all the excitement, I wondered if anyone just snuck on through.

We are headed to the parks next week (1 day each at HS, AK, MK & Typhoon Lagoon). Two adults, two young teens staying at Port Orleans. Want to do all the big rides except TOT. We will buy ILL for ROR, FOP and 7DMT and plan to purchase Genie+ every day. We rope dropped when the kids were younger but now with ETPE and the parks opening so early (I'm looking at you, HS & AK), is getting there 30+ mins before ETPE absolutely necessary?? I think I can get us there by 7:30 for the actual start of ETPE but is that just a waste? If not, what should I prioritize for rope drop since I'm resigned to just pay for the biggest rides? Thinking Space Mtn and Peter Pan at MK, Navi River at AK, and maybe Smugglers Run or MMRR at HS? Would love any and all advice!

is getting there 30+ mins before ETPE absolutely necessary??
Been wondering this too! I suppose it depends on your must-dos for the morning.
I'd be interested to hear from someone who arrived a few minutes "late" to ETPE, and what that experience was like!

Been wondering this too! I suppose it depends on your must-dos for the morning.
I'd be interested to hear from someone who arrived a few minutes "late" to ETPE, and what that experience was like!
We didn't technically arrive 'late' but I'll share our experience as it shows how important it is to be early.

Remy. ETPE begins @ 9:30AM

In spite of arriving at transportation 80 mins before ETPE, arrived in actual Remy line @ 9:10 so still 20 mins before ETPE officially begin.

Line was already very long and by the time we exited the ride it was 10:07 so it was already regular park hours.

That day we got in less than one ride during ETPE.

When we exited Remy the line extended over the bridge into the UK!!!

Arriving early is KEY to getting as much as possible done during ETPE 30 min window.

It doesn't matter, if you are there early enough there will not be many people on the monorail so you do not have to worry about missing out on one due to it being full. The walk is nice but early in the morning, monorail is a little faster.

Yes, and at least when I was there, this didn't happen until you were about 100+ feet inside the turnstiles. At Epcot IG, for example, they let anyone through the turnstiles, then checked bands (as said, 1 per party) about half way up the hill. Frankly, in all the excitement, I wondered if anyone just snuck on through.
I’m interested in learning more about this, as I’ll be joining friends who are offsite when I am onsite and was hoping we could all do ETPE. Are there any CMS who can confirm?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter