• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Magic Kingdom Early Entry Report from WEDNESDAY 11/3:

We took a bus from the Boardwalk - caught it at 7:15am (walked right on to a bus ready to depart, what luck!

- 8:30 We got on the 2nd car of the day at Space Mtn.
- 8:50 Pooh
- 9:05 Tea Cups
- 9:15 Dumbo
- 9:20 Barnstormer - were in a short line here.
- 9:30 Little Mermaid

This set us up really well for the whole day. We accomplished 18 attractions overall today including both Princess M&Gs and all major rides besides Jungle Cruise.
I am guessing all of that was done without Genie +?

Your question has been raised with the Early Theme Park Entry post.

@loranae is correct that the rope should drop approx 30 mins before the park opens but the challenge is you're heading to Safari that does not open until 8:15.

Post has a lot of helpful information including which rides are running during ETPE. Unfortunately Safari is not one of those rides. It typically does not start running until 8:15AM.
FWIW, with the time change, I believe KS is back to opening at 8AM. In the app it says the hours are 8AM to 4:45PM. It used to say 8:15.

If staying at the Polynesian, would it be better to take the monorail or buses for rope dropping Early entry to Magic Kingdom?
If you want to be at the very front of the early entry, you could take the long walk past the GF. Otherwise, the monorail. If you take the monorail, you may find more people in front of you to RD 7DMT if that is your aim. If not, then getting on the monorail when it starts should be fine.

We are staying onsite in a couple weeks but I have a crazy husband who hates buses. I've been trying to figure out what time we are able to enter the parking lot at the parks, what time they open for early morning. Anyone have any idea?? Thanks

They usually open about an hour before early entry begins. So if a park opens at 9, early entry at 830, parking lot opens at 730.

I am like your husband, in that I hate buses. So, it is nice to know that parking lots open early enough for early entry.

Has anyone has success in rope dropping Slinky Dog Dash, since it seems difficult to book a morning return time at 7AM for this ride?

Our experience with ETPE at DHS on Monday, November 15.

We went to the SSR bus stop right after our 7 AM attempt to get a LL for Slinky and purchase an IALL for ROTR. Later I might offer more on that process in the thread on Genie + strategy.

Our hope was to avoid the stampedes for Slinky and ROTR and start the morning at TOT and RNRC.

The bus came at 7:10 just as we were approaching the Congress Park station, and we arrived at DHS at 7:25, actually earlier than we had hoped. But the general rule seems to be that if you allow a cushion for a bus wait, it comes immediately.

We were held at the security scanners until 7:30, and there were several hundred people ahead of us. At 7:30 we went through security and directly through the tapstiles on to Hollywood Boulevard.

I expected the Sunset Boulevard attractions to draw a lot fewer people than others, but there were even fewer than I expected. Until almost 8:AM there was just a handful of people sitting on the benches and milling around. About then a few people got in the lines for TOT and RNRC so we joined in with about 15 people ahead of us going to TOT.

At 8:30 the group, which had obviously grown significantly, was walked single file to the start of the TOT queue.

From there we were in the first library preshow of the day and got in the first elevator. We were out of TOT by a little after 8:45, went directly to RNRC, and were off that just before 9. We then went to TSMM where the posted wait time was 20 minutes.

Last edited:
We are staying onsite in a couple weeks but I have a crazy husband who hates buses. I've been trying to figure out what time we are able to enter the parking lot at the parks, what time they open for early morning. Anyone have any idea?? Thanks
Your question has been merged with, 'Everything Early Theme Park Entry' thread. Please read post 1.

I thank everyone for their quick replies. I apologize that I don't have the hours required to read posts from the beginning but life can be busy at times. You can delete the post if you like as I got my answer.

I thank everyone for their quick replies. I apologize that I don't have the hours required to read posts from the beginning but life can be busy at times. You can delete the post if you like as I got my answer.
The only reason I pointed to post 1 is it contains A LOT of helpful information people have shared about their experiences with ETPE all gathered into one post so that you don’t have to read page after page if you’re looking for summary information.

I assume what everyone here is wondering is what happens when you rope drop Dinoland in Animal Kingdom.

Rope dropping Dinoland, for some reason, doesn't seem to be particularly popular. The rope drops 30 minutes before the official opening. Those who properly rope dropped Expedition Everest at the Asia entrance beat me to the ride. Which at first seemed sad. But I then realized that everyone who beat me there had gotten on the ride already, which meant that I had the queue and the ride completely to myself. If you are the only person on Expedition Everest you interestingly still need to wear a mask.

I assume what everyone here is wondering is what happens when you rope drop Dinoland in Animal Kingdom.

Rope dropping Dinoland, for some reason, doesn't seem to be particularly popular. The rope drops 30 minutes before the official opening. Those who properly rope dropped Expedition Everest at the Asia entrance beat me to the ride. Which at first seemed sad. But I then realized that everyone who beat me there had gotten on the ride already, which meant that I had the queue and the ride completely to myself. If you are the only person on Expedition Everest you interestingly still need to wear a mask.
Sorry, I am confused. Brain needs dinner to think. Which entrance should we be using for Everest? We will be rope dropping it during EE. Thanks

Sorry, I am confused. Brain needs dinner to think. Which entrance should we be using for Everest? We will be rope dropping it during EE. Thanks

Either Asia or Dinoland will work great. Asia got people to the ride faster. Doing Dinoland happened to work out for me to ride it completely by myself.

I am like your husband, in that I hate buses. So, it is nice to know that parking lots open early enough for early entry.

Just be aware that even though the lot opens 1 hour before early entry, other forms of transportation may get you there earlier. We drove to DHS on the morning of Saturday October 16th from Wilderness Lodge to avoid the bus. The road to the parking lot was blocked until 7:30 am. We were the first car stopped at that roadblock at 7:15am. They moved the cones at 7:30 am. Then we had to stop at the toll gate, and proceed through the whole parking lot. We were the first car in the lot, so they directed us to park in the first spot at the far end of the row. We had to walk the whole length of that row, then over to the front gate of the park. Got there at 7:40 am. Meanwhile, the Skyliner had been dropping off guests since 7:15am. Our rope drop of ROR was useless that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter