Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

Interested in this as well. We arrive on November 6th. Epcot has varying opening times that week by day (either 10 or 11). To do standby for Frozen do we really need to be at our gate (International gateway) a full hour before “early entry” time?
It's really personal choice. You don't 'need' to be there that early but, for the amount of time you delay, the ETPE line will grow exponentially. There will be guests who walk over from the 4 Crescent Lake Resorts. They can arrive anytime they wish. Starting approx. 1 hour before opening, the Skyliner will begin dropping guests at IG also.

If you want to ride Frozen with the shortest possible wait, you will want to arrive as early as possible which means arriving as close to 1 hour before ETPE at the IG entrance. If you don't mind waiting in the standby line to ride (if you don't have a LL pass) then that's an option too.

This is a link to the data collected by Thrill Data for the past week since Genie began. It confirms that your shortest wait of the day is consistently during ETPE as the line quickly grows and wait times stay up.

Hope this helps: https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/epcot/frozeneverafter/2021/10/20/2021/10/26

I'd like to know if anyone has done Early Entry and was a guest at Swan or Dolphin. What did you show to validate eligibility? We are there Oct 23-31 and I hadn't planned on purchasing Magic Bands.

I came on here looking for this answer as well. We booked the Swan through a third party site (not through Disney) so it won't show up on the band. Wasn't sure what we would need to prove we are eligible for the early entry.

Hello! I thought I would add my Early Entry experience from my 10/20--10/24/21 trip. Party of two - me and my college daughter, who had a two day Fall break. We stayed at the Contemporary, and took advantage of the Early Entry on 10/21, 10/22, and 10/23. We did purchase Genie+ for our trip, and I also qualify for a DAS, and was fortunate to have pre-registered on-line prior to our trip. We also had a rental car, so we were nimble!

10/21 (Thursday)- Early Entry - Magic Kingdom. We walked over to Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary. Arrived super early to the walking security check point (before 7am). They opened the check point at 7:30am. We were first in line. After security, we walked to the tap styles, and were about the 10th in line. We tapped in at 7:50am, and headed over to the Tomorrowland bridge. Prior to the bridge, they confirmed our on-site resort status. We were then first at the rope. Promptly at 8:30am, we were walked over behind castmembers to the Space Mountain queue. We were first in line! We completed 10 attractions between 8:30am and noon, using rope drop, Genie+ LL, and my DAS pre-registration.

1 - Space Mountain - walk on
2 - Buzz lightyear - walk on
3 - Little Mermaid - walk on
4 - Haunted Mansion - Genie+ LL
5 - Tea Cups - walk on
6 - Seven Dwarves - DAS (off of ride at 9:53am)
7 - Winnie the Pooh - DAS
8 - Peter Pan - DAS advanced selection
9 - Pirates of the Caribbean - DAS selection
10 - Big Thunder - Genie+ LL

We enjoyed watching two of the Cavalcades.

We had lunch at Columbia Harbor House at noon (utilizing mobile order)

10/22 (Friday) - Early Entry - Hollywood Studios. We drove in our rental car to Hollywood Studios. Parking lot opening promptly at 7:30am. I was able to utilize the Handicapped parking. Our on-site resort status was confirmed, and we promptly tapped into the park a little after 7:30am. We briskly walked over to Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway, and were first in line (two days in a row of rope dropping, and being first in line for an attraction!) Mickey and Minnie was a good choice since Rise of Resistance was down that morning. We accomplished 7 attractions prior to our 11:50am lunch at Mama Melrose's.

1 - Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway - walk on
2 - Alien Saucer Swirl - walk-on
3 - Slinky Dog - DAS (time of 9:15am)
4 - Toy Story Midway Mania - DAS advanced selection 10am
5 - Mickey & Minnie Runaway Railway - DAS 10:28am
6 - Slinky Dog - Genie + LL 10:49am
7 - Rock n Rollercoaster - DAS advanced selection 11:05am

Lunch at Mama Melrose's - 11:50am - had an excellent experience

8 - Rise of the Resistance - DAS - 1:03pm
9 - Star tours - Genie+ LL - 1:49pm

10/23 - (Saturday) - Early Entry - Animal Kingdom. We drove in our rental car to Animal Kingdom. Parking lot opened promptly at 6:30am. I utilized the Handicapped parking. I don't remember when the tap-styles opened, but we waited for a while. We were about 10 back in line. After tapping in, our on-site status was confirmed prior to going to the area where we waited to head back to Flight of Passage. Then we walked back to another waiting area just prior to entering Pandora. Right at 7:30am, we were then walked back by cast members into the Flight of passage queue. Although not first in line this time (lol), we were in the first group on the attraction.

1 - Flight of Passage - 7:30am - walk-on
2 - Nav'i River- 8am - walk-on
3 - Flight of Passage - 8:30am - DAS
4 - Safari - 9am - Genie+ LL
5 - Everest - 9:50am - DAS
6 - Feathered Friends show - 10:30am - walk-on
7 - Everest - 11am - DAS

11:50 lunch at Tusker House - great service, however just too much food for my daughter and I, especially since neither of us are big meat eaters. I much preferred this restaurant as a buffet, rather than family style.

After lunch we headed out, since we were exhausted from attending Boo Bash the night before.

Let me know if you have any questions!

This is a great thread.. hope to read more experiences. We go in Feb. 2022

Last edited:

I think I saw somewhere that the answer is no, but can't find it: Can you take an Uber to Contemporary for breakfast and then walk to MK? We're staying at All Star Music and not super thrilled about getting to the bus stop and waiting for 90 minutes (and then getting on a packed bus.)

We're not worried about being at the front of the pack since we're not planning on rushing to a headliner, so trying to figure out what's easiest/least stressful.
As long as you have a reservation for breakfast you certainly can get dropped off at the contemporary, we did it with uber our last trip. You will just have to show the guard/security your reservation.

This is a great thread.. hope to read more experiences. We go in Feb. 2022
If you are looking for more experiences in full detail as provided above, I would recommend following the, 'Here Now & Just Back' thread.

This particular thread you're reading here is dedicated to guests experiences with Early Theme Park Entry but on the other thread guests share their entire day's experiences.

If you are looking for more experiences in full detail as provided above, I would recommend following the, 'Here Now & Just Back' thread.

This particular thread you're reading here is dedicated to guests experiences with Early Theme Park Entry but on the other thread guests share their entire day's experiences.

I wanted to really showcase what can be accomplished utilizing early entry until about noon each day. I will probably also post in "Here Now and Just Back" also.

I wanted to really showcase what can be accomplished utilizing early entry until about noon each day. I will probably also post in "Here Now and Just Back" also.
Thank you. We just want to ensure this thread remains one where people can quickly come to find out about ETPE. Further details about what happens after that really are best on the other thread. I'm not asking you to remove or change your post above, just encouraging further discussions to go to the appropriate thread.

Thanks.

I came on here looking for this answer as well. We booked the Swan through a third party site (not through Disney) so it won't show up on the band. Wasn't sure what we would need to prove we are eligible for the early entry.
We're here now. They scanned our tickets, asked what hotel we were staying at and then took the Swan room key as proof. We've done EE twice with no problem at all.

It's really personal choice. You don't 'need' to be there that early but, for the amount of time you delay, the ETPE line will grow exponentially. There will be guests who walk over from the 4 Crescent Lake Resorts. They can arrive anytime they wish. Starting approx. 1 hour before opening, the Skyliner will begin dropping guests at IG also.

If you want to ride Frozen with the shortest possible wait, you will want to arrive as early as possible which means arriving as close to 1 hour before ETPE at the IG entrance. If you don't mind waiting in the standby line to ride (if you don't have a LL pass) then that's an option too.

This is a link to the data collected by Thrill Data for the past week since Genie began. It confirms that your shortest wait of the day is consistently during ETPE as the line quickly grows and wait times stay up.

Hope this helps: https://www.thrill-data.com/waits/attraction/epcot/frozeneverafter/2021/10/20/2021/10/26

Thanks so much. Link was very interesting. Yes we’re staying at Crescent Lake at the Boardwalk. Will have to see how much interest our party has, but ETPE sure seems like the way to go.

Thanks, I will check that out.. But I'm really interested in seeing what experiences with Early Park Entry people are having. We are early risers staying at POP and will be using the skyliner and the buses to get to the parks early. (Afternoons are for napping! lol)

They used to hold IG guests at a point that as located such that the walk to Soarin took the same time as from the front gate. IDK about now.

They used to hold IG guests at a point that as located such that the walk to Soarin took the same time as from the front gate. IDK about now.
Nothing to worry over, especially since Soarin' is not a very difficult attraction to ride, anymore.

We were there last week and were held right at the Joffreys coffee kiosk by Canada.
Getting on Soarin' was not a problem. We walked there as soon as they let us. Literally walked directly to our spot in the pre-show.
Enjoy.
Doing the same for Frozen, gave us a 5 minute wait.
The 30 minutes EE doesn't seem like much, but it really does help with some of the popular attractions.

We were there last week and were held right at the Joffreys coffee kiosk by Canada.
Getting on Soarin' was not a problem. We walked there as soon as they let us. Literally walked directly to our spot in the pre-show.
Enjoy.
Doing the same for Frozen, gave us a 5 minute wait.
The 30 minutes EE doesn't seem like much, but it really does help with some of the popular attractions.

I know people’s mileage may vary, but am curious as to whether you had to line up an hour in advance of ETPE opening to get to Frozen with a 5 minute wait 🙂

AoA to MK again for me today

711 bus pulled up

716 bus departed after sitting for an extra 2 minutes because the driver wanted to arrive at just the right time.....and he drove slow on world drive.

728 at the left turn light at across from the contemporary

730/731 got off the bus

no holding at the security this time.....walked through immediately

733 at the tapstile......I was first in my line

+/- 8am let us in the park and waited at the internal rope until 830

I will be a resort guest and plan to enter the park early a couple of times on my next trip. Does it matter if I made my park reservations as an annual pass holder and not a resort guest for early entry?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter